2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

In happier news- my dad wanted to go Tomsn astros game. My daughter wanted to go for her birthday. I combined them both. Dad belted out the national anthem and then cried afterwards. He’s had a tbi and dementia is coming hard for him (he asked me if Charlie Finley still owned the A’s on the way down to the game) but he’s happy to be at a game today. Might be my last with him while he’s still sort of him most of the time. 

FA0AC328-CE68-4088-AD23-2EDF3CF3A09C.jpeg

baseball is best with friends and family 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mitch Hedberg said:

Wasn’t sure we had 6+ winning streaks in this team this year. Pitching is great, just enough hits. Hope it holds up until we hit better or get help at the plate. Whichever comes first. 

Abreu waking up ???

😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the optimist in me says we're winning games with a black hole at cleanup.  think if he just decides to be a .265 hitter with 8-12 homers and 80 rbi (pace) instead of the worst qualified hitter in mlb.

Don’t forget the three rookie starters 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

My God, he hits fucking bombs against the A's  major league pitching.

Not just those guys...

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Someday I want us to have a right handed Yordan. Flick the bat and put it in the Crawford boxes even when they hit it wrong. 
Let’s win this thing now!

The Crawford Boxes help out lefties more than righties. No I don't have data but it makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

call me crazy, leave him at #4 until he wakes up or we hit a losing streak 

I believe Dusty said that’s all he can do. I mean I get it. Sink or swim kid. The current is only gonna get stronger though. That head is barely above water. Hard to believe. Can they make him take a physical? Get his eyes checked? The cliff he fell off of is pretty high and steep.