2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

This rumor from last year is stirring up again, the Yankees have a lot of interest in chas McCormick 

I’m not sure what Yankees have that we necessarily would want at the moment. I know they have some young guys that are supposed to be good. Other than maybe including Chas in a package for Luis Robert, I don’t think there are many available players that would be a significant upgrade. Dude may not be the most athletic or graceful but he’s 100 percent all the time and will almost literally run through walls. Dusty may not get his personality but between the foul lines he is a player.

• Hook 'Em 1

I already have tickets. There is an additional thing to buy?
No. Just go to gate by home plate. Say you are a season ticket holder. But with it being give away day all gates open at same time. Head to corner of astros dugout. Section 127/128. Go first row
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

that's a decent lineup, Dusty!

Should be Meyers instead of Maldonado- that's leaving money on the table, but if that's the only bitch (Dubon should hit 6th or 7th that's minor) then that's better than most days.  

11 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:
4 hours ago, huge said:

I already have tickets. There is an additional thing to buy?

No. Just go to gate by home plate. Say you are a season ticket holder. But with it being give away day all gates open at same time. Head to corner of astros dugout. Section 127/128. Go first row

what time does the season ticket gate open?  is that in time for Astros BP?

Season ticket holders get in 30 mins before normal gate openings except on giveaway days.  

You can buy tickets from a season ticket holder and states it on the ballpark app when you pull up your ticket

Edit - they may have changed it for giveaway days now where it doesn't matter:

We are excited to announce these updates for the 2023 season.

Early Entry

All STHs get early entry to Monday through Thursday home games that start at 7:10pm! During the week, Season Ticket Holders can access the stadium through the Center Field and Home Plate Entrances beginning 30 minutes before gates open to the general public regardless of the giveaway schedule.

Edited by Scraps
  • Like 1

Also found this on the website so they may not have gone through with early entry on giveaway days like they said they were going to

Season Ticket Holder Early Entry

Enter Minute Maid Park 30 minutes before gates open on non-giveaway Monday - Thursday games.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Gonna be big crowd tonight

There’s a big crowd every night. Attendance is running at 90% capacity this year. Houston is currently a baseball town. 
But yeah,  MM will be packed tonight. 

Edited by TonyTexas

There’s a big crowd every night. Attendance is running at 90% capacity this year. Houston is currently a baseball town. 
But yeah,  MM will be packed tonight. 

To be fair, Texans and Rockets make being a baseball town pretty damn easy. Go Stros.
  • Hook 'Em 1