2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I hope we're in the reality where Arlington misses the playoffs.

I think the only way that happens results in the mariners winning the division.(we win 2, mariners sweep: tiebreaker = mariners 1st, Astros 2nd, rangers 3rd). All other scenarios, Rangers do no worse than 2nd

I think I’d rather them get in and we get a chance to play at least a game in Arlington and end their season there.

Edited by UTexasFight

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I think the only way that happens results in the mariners winning the division.(we win 2, mariners sweep: tiebreaker = mariners 1st, Astros 2nd, rangers 3rd). All other scenarios, Rangers do no worse than 2nd

I think I’d rather them get in and we get a chance to play at least a game in Arlington and end their season there.

Or we can just go ahead and sweep.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

But rangers wouldn’t miss the playoffs.

but yeah, Astros sweep and rangers losing 2 or all 3 is what I want and let them have fun in Minny 

Even if they lose the next three games?

Am I missing a tie breaker or something?

Edited by David Dennison

38 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

IMG_6676.jpeg

Does 2nd place mean for sure we are a Wild Card team?  

While the Ranger collapse was fun last night, it probably slightly dinged are playoff chance which is still pretty high.  With this Astros team, I'm not confident at all about anything that might happen against Arizona.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Does 2nd place mean for sure we are a Wild Card team?  

Yes.

These 4 teams are battling for 3 spots:

toronto

houston

seattle

texas

So finishing 2nd guarantees it.

finishing 3rd it gets dicey because we have to finish ahead of toronto (who is currently 1 game up and who gets Tampa with nothing to play for ) thanks to losing the season series by 1 game against them (I’ll use this opportunity to point out that the only game Bregman hasn’t played in this year was the 2nd to last game in the season series against Toronto. A game we lost 3-2 when Kessinger went 0 for 3 #Dusty’ed)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1