2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Ford had a good line yesterday.

basically you could tell him their dude and stanek were in the band Warrant and he would have believed you

Ford is a national treasure.

In other news, if we choke away this game, fire everyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Javier and Framber being ace-like is a non-negotiable component of playoff success for this team. If we are not confident that we can get both of them fixed by playoffs, then we better not trade away a single valuable prospect.

Also Brown really needs to be paired up with Diaz again. He's been a fucking mess ever since Maldy took over catching duties. If he goes back to being great with Diaz cool. IF he doesn't then he is broken too.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm getting on a plane in 20 minutes.  Not sure how I feel about missing the end of this one.  In theory we still should have the better bullpen especially with S'borez probably unavailable.

I normally lean toward trying to get more out of your starter but I was baffled when he sent Javier back out for the 5th and doubly so when he left him in after the visit.  I was driving at the time and couldn't post so I guess you'll have to take my word that it wasn't hindsight.

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The only question is does this game get lost on an Abreu HR in the 8th, Presley in the 9th, or something really embarrassing and stupid in the 10th?

Looks like the correct answer was “something really embarrassing and stupid in the 8th”