2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

22 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Think Schwarber will try another awful 2-strike bunt tonight? Since he's hitting .213, might as well. Their 2022 run pretty much only happened because the better NL teams gagged at the worst time. 

He wasn't even sly enough to bunt. Had to settle for a lousy dinger. 😝

4 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

The probability percentage bullshit they put on the screen is stupid.

I kinda like it. 
it cracked me up early in the year last year where it was like the third game and there was a 1-1 count and they had 250 and the. It went to 1-2 and it rose to 333 or something. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I kinda like it. 
it cracked me up early in the year last year where it was like the third game and there was a 1-1 count and they had 250 and the. It went to 1-2 and it rose to 333 or something. 

I think against the Braves Yordan had like a 14% chance to reach base and he touched them all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They are assigning probability to something they don’t have enough data to do so imo. 

Seems that way. The recent 2% probability of a HR (or was it RBI?) for Alvarez is a great example. Not sure how often I'd say any swing by 44 has only a 1-in-50 chance of going yard. 

7 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Seems that way. The recent 2% probability of a HR (or was it RBI?) for Alvarez is a great example. Not sure how often I'd say any swing by 44 has only a 1-in-50 chance of going yard. 

I don’t think it’s a swing- it’s every time he’s thrown a pitch in that count if I had to guess. 

• Like 1

There is absolutely nothing to take from this struggle fest of a game right now. We are playing 5 of 9 guys right now that aren’t the best at their position.  
Altuve, Brantley, Yordan, Chas, Diaz. It’s amazing how well we are playing with so many guys out. It’s been more good timing and good pitching than good hitting. We just need to keep it together for another 2 or 3 days and we get 2 of the 5 back. Then Brantley in probably a week. Diaz gets to start whenever Brown pitches. Altuve in a month. June 1 or so is going to be so awesome.