2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I know. I'm being difficult because we lost.

So other than Diaz for Machete, who should have hit for Meyers or Bannon?

Hensley probably should have hit for Bannon. As bad as he’s been he’s probably better than Bannon. 
meyers got to hit for himself. 

once again , maldy was up in the most important spot of the game. Seems to happen all the time. 

my podcast co host Andrew texted me- it’s like when you are through with your GF or a roommate and everything they do drives you nuts. You know that’s when the relationship has run it’s course. 

Not everyone feels that way I guess. Maybe when we get to 0 for 60 and Diaz is still 12-0 when catching and it’s June 15th? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Come on dude. My comment was specific to the 8th inning. You run Meyers, Brannon and Machete up there down 2 you basically gave up

Quit being stupid

It’s weird that he sent Abreu out there down 2 runs if he was really punting on the game. And Montero. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

put down the crack pipe !!

Bannon had an OPS of 599 at Sugar land. I’m pretty sure Hensley is a much better hitter than him regardless of how bad he’s going. If he’s not a better option than Bannon right now he should be sent down until he unfucks himself. 

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Bannon had an OPS of 599 at Sugar land. I’m pretty sure Hensley is a much better hitter than him regardless of how bad he’s going. If he’s not a better option than Bannon right now he should be sent down until he unfucks himself. 

Wouldn't some other hitter at Sugarland have been a better call-up? I don't track such things closely, but it's hard to imagine Bannon was the best option. 

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Hensley probably should have hit for Bannon. As bad as he’s been he’s probably better than Bannon. 
meyers got to hit for himself. 

once again , maldy was up in the most important spot of the game. Seems to happen all the time. 

my podcast co host Andrew texted me- it’s like when you are through with your GF or a roommate and everything they do drives you nuts. You know that’s when the relationship has run it’s course. 

Not everyone feels that way I guess. Maybe when we get to 0 for 60 and Diaz is still 12-0 when catching and it’s June 15th? 

sounds like good news for my hb roy bet. 

• Haha 1

Framber is fine.  Generally the pitching is fine.  While we are missing regular starters our offense is going to be more volatile and inconsistent.

This isn't news.

I am not built to grind over much of anything so I am unfamiliar with the way many on this thread go about their day to day fandom.  And that's..........ok.

Good luck fuckers

• Hook 'Em 1

What’s the weather gotta be to actually have the roof open? 72-75 with no wind?

Roof closed today. I guess 70 degrees and partly cloudy isn’t perfect enough.

I get the wind is a bitch today, but it’s blowing in from left, Javier is a fly ball pitcher and we ain’t exactly murderers row with the long ball, soooo open the damn roof!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Valdez, the ace, is 2-3 with a 2.54 ERA.  Sad face.

Valdez, the ace, is picking up right where he left off last year with 5 straight quality starts* thus providing an almost-impossible-to-quantify boost to his team by practically guaranteeing the bullpen will have to cover no more than 3 innings every 5th game and guaranteeing the offense is never more than one swing of the bat away from a lead while he’s on the mound.

* - would have been a QS in all 6 of his starts if Dusty hadn’t decided to pull him after 5 scoreless innings on opening day with his pitch count at 85.

• Hook 'Em 1

Rk Name Year Age G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB OPS+
1 Yuli Gurriel 2023 39 13 48 45 5 13 1 0 2 5 1 0 3 6 .289 .333 .444 .778 20 2 0 0 0 0 114
2 José Abreu 2023 36 26 112 107 7 26 4 0 0 11 0 0 4 26 .243 .277 .280 .557 30 2 1 0 0 1 57

Rk Name Year Age G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB OPS+
1 Christian Vázquez 2023 32 19 69 61 9 16 3 0 0 4 0 0 8 17 .262 .348 .312 .659 19 1 0 0 0 0 89
2 Martín Maldonado 2023 36 19 66 59 4 8 1 0 1 3 0 0 6 18 .136 .215 .203 .419 12 3 0 1 0 0 1

good choices?