2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

we need Abreu to wake up 

1 hour ago, txduck87 said:

Well Alex. You’re the hitting coach. If it’s a simple mechanics issue, then do your damn job and fix it. Dude is killing us.

these were written before one of his most pitiful at bats of the season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, txduck87 said:

Well Alex. You’re the hitting coach. If it’s a simple mechanics issue, then do your damn job and fix it. Dude is killing us.

This.

”i feel like it’s something mechanical.”

wtf?! You’re the hitting coach.

Get your “feelings” out of the way and go figure it out 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

You know who wouldn't have rolled that pitch over into a rally killing gidp? Then he would pick the next bad throw over to first and not open the door to a big inning ?

Yuli Fucking Gurriel

?

Yuli was good for a rally killing gidp or a duck snort over the 2nd baseman…and last year it was much more of the former than the latter 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

?

Yuli was good for a rally killing gidp or a duck snort over the 2nd baseman…and last year it was much more of the former than the latter 

He had a meh regular season but was clutch in the postseason.  He was only a year removed from winning the batting title too. They gave up on him too soon, and Abreus power has dropped off a cliff and he can't field for shit either. But getting paid like he's still in his prime. Terrible decision 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

He had a meh regular season but was clutch in the postseason.  He was only a year removed from winning the batting title too. They gave up on him too soon, and Abreus power has dropped off a cliff and he can't field for shit either. But getting paid like he's still in his prime. Terrible decision 

It’s [Checks calendar ] April.

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Y’all dunking on @closetojumpinga week ago- anyone want to change their mind?
his hypothesis was “as long as Dusty continues 

to ___________” (in addition to the stuff about Dubon and Julks sucking) and looking at a lineup like today- after scoring 3 runs in the last 27 innings, I can’t say that Dusty isn’t engaged in match fixing. 
he is so frustrating. 

No I will still dunk on him regarding Julks. 

23 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

You know who wouldn't have rolled that pitch over into a rally killing gidp? Then he would pick the next bad throw over to first and not open the door to a big inning ?

Yuli Fucking Gurriel

You must not remember the 4 gidp in 44 ABs for Yulli in the 2020 postseason. 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Man fuck the entire 2020 season/ postseason.  That shit was a joke

Okay then he apparently led the league in gidp for 2018. (I'm not hating on Yulli, just showing our memory forgets all the bad stuff.)

Jose Urquidy is my favorite Astro not named Jose Altuve, and has been the last couple of seasons.

He doesn't get a lot of hype, but I still like his moxie and approach.  He throws a shit ton of strikes too.  No dilly-dallying around with this guy.

Edited by slorch

I missed it, did Jake do a leg kick on the home run? Just saw a replay and he did. I saw people complaining that he stopped with the leg kick. Maybe Cintron or Snitker got in his ear about it.

Edited by rvm96