WTF is wrong with you, Miller KNoll CEO?

Parliament

No dinero.  No trabajo.

It's that fucking siumple.  My loyalty is paid for in weekly/ biweekly/ monthly/ and even quarterly installments.

Fuck your preacher seat,  lady.  That's what the money is for.  Don Draper  made that perfectly clear.

Edited by slorch

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

No dinero.  No trabajo.

It's that fucking siumple.  My loyalty is paid for in weekly/ biweekly/ monthly/ and even quarterly installments.

Fuck your preacher seat,  lady.  That's what the money is for.  Don Draper  made that perfectly clear.

Meh.  She’s talking about bonuses and not salary, hourly or contract pay.  

Relying on bonuses is a risky strateegery.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Her message is right, but delivered terribly.  No performance, no bonus.  This is not a new thing.  You need to get your people on board with that, and then move past.  But being an ahole about it will not succeed.  You also hope that SHE will not get a bonus if they don't get that $26MM.  And you suspect that is not the case.  She's gonna get paid regardless.

• Like 1

Yeah, bonuses are different, but most people didn't consider them that way until Covid. Nobody ever paid attention to the part in their employment agreement that said bonuses MAY be paid depending on employee AND COMPANY'S performance. Fortunately for my employees, we only had to delay bonuses for a few months, but then we maxed everybody out regardless of individual performance. And we never missed annual pay raises for them. Unfortunately for me, I haven't taken a bonus or a raise since Covid, and it'll probably be another year or so before any of the partners do. This lady went about it very poorly, but I would get a bit pissy if there was an uprising about not getting non-guaranteed bonuses. Unless she's not making bigger sacrifices than they are, in which case I say she can fuck right off.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Yeah, bonuses are different, but most people didn't consider them that way until Covid. Nobody ever paid attention to the part in their employment agreement that said bonuses MAY be paid depending on employee AND COMPANY'S performance. Fortunately for my employees, we only had to delay bonuses for a few months, but then we maxed everybody out regardless of individual performance. And we never missed annual pay raises for them. Unfortunately for me, I haven't taken a bonus or a raise since Covid, and it'll probably be another year or so before any of the partners do. This lady went about it very poorly, but I would get a bit pissy if there was an uprising about not getting non-guaranteed bonuses. Unless she's not making bigger sacrifices than they are, in which case I say she can fuck right off.  

My bonus is directly from my team's performance which I  influence, so yeah, I miss out on that other mentality.  If my employer said our bonuses were off the table, due to the nature of our system; it would be full on fucking rage.  If we whiffed and didn't grow, then no bonus would be an acceptible outcome.

The tone of her message is anything BUT that.  It would have been a lot more empathetic on her part to say- If y'all don't get a bonus, neither do I.

12 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

WTF is a MillerKnoll?

and this.

Edited by slorch

I agree with the no profit, no bonus plan. However what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I read the CEO had a base pay of $ 1.2 mil in 2022 but because of stock options and bonuses she pulled in $ 4.8 mil in total compensation. She laid off a lot of people when the company started losing money and required everyone left to pick up the slack with overtime. For salaried people that equates to a cut in pay. I believe they thought they were due bonuses because they all worked to help the company survive. When they ask about it she went full stupid in her response. 

I could be prejudice but I have a problem with the way most corporations are set up these days. All CEO's will take credit when the economy almost guarantees profitability. They demand compensation because of their "genius". What they really do is set it up with the board of directors to rob the company blind with guaranteed profitable stock options and upper management bonuses. (I don't think the success of a company should be measured by it's stock valuation. It's too easily manipulated.) But when the economy turns bad and their decisions expose their arrogance and stupidity they cry "it's not my leadership, it's the economy. Lets fire some people to make us profitable again". 

I really don't have a problem with rewarding people for their work, including big bonuses for CEO'S who do amazing things in difficult situations. But it pisses me off when the people at the top are failures and then demand the people below them to pay for their stupidity. I believe this is a pic of her and the board of directors. 

futurama_mom_and_sons.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, tfoolry said:

Obligatory:

image.thumb.jpeg.fa8199e004e17d45a36b7db0dfdad789.jpeg

Reminds me of my asshole boss when I first started at my current job. Less than 3 months after he told us we were not getting a bonus, he shows up to work with a brand-new Navigator. His buddy the CFO got one as well. And of course, they were leased through the company. It was a pleasure walking his ass out the door and taking the keys when he got ran off for stealing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Crapinon said:

I agree with the no profit, no bonus plan. However what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I read the CEO had a base pay of $ 1.2 mil in 2022 but because of stock options and bonuses she pulled in $ 4.8 mil in total compensation. She laid off a lot of people when the company started losing money and required everyone left to pick up the slack with overtime. For salaried people that equates to a cut in pay. I believe they thought they were due bonuses because they all worked to help the company survive. When they ask about it she went full stupid in her response. 

I could be prejudice but I have a problem with the way most corporations are set up these days. All CEO's will take credit when the economy almost guarantees profitability. They demand compensation because of their "genius". What they really do is set it up with the board of directors to rob the company blind with guaranteed profitable stock options and upper management bonuses. (I don't think the success of a company should be measured by it's stock valuation. It's too easily manipulated.) But when the economy turns bad and their decisions expose their arrogance and stupidity they cry "it's not my leadership, it's the economy. Lets fire some people to make us profitable again". 

I really don't have a problem with rewarding people for their work, including big bonuses for CEO'S who do amazing things in difficult situations. But it pisses me off when the people at the top are failures and then demand the people below them to pay for their stupidity. I believe this is a pic of her and the board of directors. 

futurama_mom_and_sons.jpg

This.

I have a small business. Pull a salary a lot less than I pulled when I worked for a large company. My choice. 
I work hard. Don’t sleep. Go to therapy now. And constantly fight a feeling of inadequacy / being a failure at home & at work.

But you know what never crossed my mind? Giving myself a fucking bonus when the company isn’t hitting margin targets. I mean, thats why we have the targets…. To achieve them! 
Boomers want to talk ‘everybody gets a trophy’ bs about Millennials and Gen Z, but take a fucking look in the mirror.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

She was doing well until she transitioned from  “treat each other well” to no longer being able to conceal her disdain.

well yeah, along with imploring her employees for more commitment.  Completely tonedeaf and aloof.

My company just gave us 30% payout in likely to be earned bonuses, after telling us we missed target by millions. The leadership saying that's great let's move on asap to how much we expect to earn this year which is 40% above last years targe was lol.