2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

We don't ever see Jaray Bledsoe in these discussions. He's not in the two-deep right now, and that's before we bring in 1-2 more DTs. 

Also, on a related note, WTF is up with Bledsoe? He's supposedly a true freak, and now weighs about 300 lbs. What's the issue?

Didn't Jake Majors call him out in yesterday's media availability?  IIRC, he was praising him pretty highly, so I think he's a keeper.

Just now, Vertigo said:

Is there a signup form for this trip?

Parental Waiver required

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You conjured it with your fucking change of the thread title, you “I Soaked Up Philly Like A Sponge” motherfucker. Or are you some kind of downgrade who tells people to buckle up when they’re in store for literally nothing?

Buckle up motherfuckers, we’re about to have calm seas, no wind, and blowjobs for everyone!

There also can be a heavy dose of choppy waters to navigate even if we're not losing half the starting lineup, which you're apparently wetting yourself over. While you've been on leave for your annual visit to the nuthouse, there's been a solid transfer candidate discussion. There is going to some serious ebb and flow starting next week that will involve some pain even if it doesn't meet your squatting to pee standard of losing half the starters. Also, it will have its positives.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Didn't Jake Majors call him out in yesterday's media availability?  IIRC, he was praising him pretty highly, so I think he's a keeper.

Aaron Bryant received praise from Majors.*

*Let me clarify, the tweets I saw regarding Majors’ comments were about Bryant. There’s a chance he spoke about Bledsoe as well, I haven’t watched the newser. But he definitely gave Bryant a big shout out.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There also can be a heavy dose of choppy waters to navigate even if we're not losing half the starting lineup, which you're apparently wetting yourself over. While you've been on leave for your annual visit to the nuthouse, there's been a solid transfer candidate discussion. There is going to some serious ebb and flow starting next week that will involve some pain even if it doesn't meet your squatting to pee standard of losing half the starters. Also, it will have its positives.

I raise an eyebrow at the name change, and you accuse me of pissing myself. Ok, chooch. The only person on this thread doing that is BO&W over Akana’s weight. 

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I raise an eyebrow at the name change, and you accuse me of pissing myself. Ok, chooch. The only person on this thread doing that is BO&W over Akana’s weight. 

Well, no. First I accused you of being an acolyte of Joe Dirt who leaves a wake of bad shit happening behind him. I feel like that's a pretty accurate image for those who haven't met you. Then I said you squat to pee. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - SydneyCarton Melts Down In Slow Motion
39 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You conjured it with your fucking change of the thread title, you “I Soaked Up Philly Like A Sponge” motherfucker. Or are you some kind of downgrade who tells people to buckle up when they’re in store for literally nothing?

Buckle up motherfuckers, we’re about to have calm seas, no wind, and blowjobs for everyone!

Is this a reference to a 20-year-old Jack in the Box commercial? Really?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

If you see this guy out in the wild, it may or may not be ctj.

ae6e74178bdf21811ced0ce1df61e5e7.jpg

I worked with a woman from Philadelphia for a few years. Great chick but very self-serious. At some point, "Yo, Jackie!! I soaked up Philly like a sponge!" was an appropriate line during a group meeting. She acted like she had no idea what I was referencing. Turns out, she was telling the truth. I didn't realize how regional JITB is. So then I had to show her the commercial and she did not appreciate it. I laughed. 

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

He’s having a hard time figuring out which site he’s posting on. He has to be somewhat polite on the other one because of the fragile people who don’t even know they can post without their real names. 

One of the things I've started entertaining myself with is tallying the number of times I see the term, and its adjacencies, "this/the/that young man" in given threads. It's fucking amazing how often it is popping up in either adulatory or scolding tones regarding the players. I feel like that immediately marks the poster as over 75 years of age or as a guy wearing a bow tie daily and buried in the bowels of some sad Fortune 1000's accounting or HR department and still living with his mother. 

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

buried in the bowels of some sad Fortune 1000's accounting or HR department and still living with his mother. 

Joke's on you pal...I work in engineering*

(*sanitation engineering)

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Got it. I don't think those guys are likely in this cycle, but maybe FreeHorn knows something different.

He's mentioned in a lot of the practice notes. I will be surprised if he's not part of the rotation.

We were talking about edge being a crowded spot. Someone mentioned Walton as a possible transfer.  My take on Walton/Akana was not for this cycle and really just reinforcing that the DLine coaches really like Walton and think he will be a player for Texas if he is patient. There is some similarities in the coaches eyes between the two players so I wonder if down the line a decision will need to be made between the two. I doubt either transfers this cycle. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, FreeHorn said:

We were talking about edge being a crowded spot. Someone mentioned Walton as a possible transfer.  My take on Walton/Akana was not for this cycle and really just reinforcing that the DLine coaches really like Walton and think he will be a player for Texas if he is patient. There is some similarities in the coaches eyes between the two players so I wonder if down the line a decision will need to be made between the two. I doubt either transfers this cycle. 

Thanks for clarifying. That was how I read what you were saying.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@closetojumping there are rumors coming out that Bear Alexander is starting to walk back that natty comment and sticking with USC behind closed doors. 

Why are you @ting me here, clown? Also, that shit already happened like 3 days ago. I wouldn't trust anything you hear about that idiot until the portal is closed, good or bad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Why are you @ting me here, clown? Also, that shit already happened like 3 days ago. I wouldn't trust anything you hear about that idiot until the portal is closed, good or bad.

I know you were rejoiced to hear he’s sticking with USC but it appears that may be walked back.  Meaning he may enter the portal and that Texas will be the spot if that happens. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I know you were rejoiced to hear he’s sticking with USC but it appears that may be walked back.  Meaning he may enter the portal and that Texas will be the spot if that happens. 

Credit where it is due here, you’ve made a post in English and there’s an understandable point in said post. 

That considered, where are you gathering this? Have you been DMing with Ketchum again?

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Eric sends his regards and warmest 

Dude, you have a sweet bromance with Nahlin? Y'all are a perfect fit for another. You should just hang out over there and help him huff his farts while the Wells idiot gets visibly high by 10am on video and Ian Boyd puts everyone to sleep with a lunchtime breakdown of why the 4-4 needs to see a resurgence.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dude, you have a sweet bromance with Nahlin? Y'all are a perfect fit for another. You should just hang out over there and help him huff his farts while the Wells idiot gets visibly high by 10am on video and Ian Boyd puts everyone to sleep with a lunchtime breakdown of why the 4-4 needs to see a resurgence.

I feel like as much as you talk about him yall have been meeting up quietly at Grant's location down in Houston.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You bet your sweet ass. 

As for the new thread title, outstanding.

de137f2b-266e-41d0-b35f-bb4fa6a222be_tex

I enjoy y’all’s playful repartee. It always reminds me of this skit:

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

One of the things I've started entertaining myself with is tallying the number of times I see the term, and its adjacencies, "this/the/that young man" in given threads.

I do this on the streams. I tally how many times CJ uses the term “certainly” in a given video. I like the guy, and I think he is doing a good job, but it is a bit unnerving.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Don't you dare besmirch the 4-4 cover 3 you corpuscular fecal membrane.

6 minutes ago, SamMan said:

I enjoy y’all’s playful repartee. It always reminds me of this skit:

I do this on the streams. I tally how many times CJ uses the term “certainly” in a given video. I like the guy, and I think he is doing a good job, but it is a bit unnerving.

Beats wells constant attempts at clever puns. Thats some cringe shit. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.