2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

46 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Is it weird that I like some versions of ADHD/Agent 47/Sublime etc and not others? I couldn't stand ADHD, but sublime isn't that bad. 

Not as weird as having multiple online personalities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sublime said:

Call me you coward fuck.

Text me to Brazil ... if you're scared to talk.

How dare you people think your opinions matter and mine do not.

I went to jail for protesting Trump and Bush. You post all day and tattle tale like a child.

Your opinions are fucking worthless.

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, sublime said:

Why can't you mind your own fucking business. 

You live in Cali. I live in Cali.

Wanna meet up, boy, and say some shit to my face.

If I got an assault pardon I would book a flight to Cali to beat your pussy ass until you agreed to fuck off and never post here again. 

You are a waste of the oxygen you breathe. You are a waste on this board's server space. You waste coherent discourse had here by inserting your inane, bat shit crazy opinions and positions into every fucking thread on this board.

Keep coming back. Keep posting. Just know everyone here is beyond tired of you and your nonsensical, humorless, pussy-ass insecure, deflective shtick. 

I would tell you to shut the fuck up, but you wont listen to me. So instead I'll just make it clear you're a fucking loser that is only bringing your own self esteem and standing in life down by continuing to come here and waste time that could otherwise be spent dealing with your mental health or personal relationships.

I hope you get the help you need because you clearly need it. I'm never a dick for the sake of being a dick. I'm a dick because you need a wake up call to find your place in the world. That place isn't sitting on this board all day every day offering nothing in the way of meaningful contribution.

So, find a psychiatrist, exercise, work on your diet, but, most importantly as far as the rest of us are concerned, fuck off and leave us alone you D-rate troll ass clown.  

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Eggo said:

The only guy on this thread who repped me for being a moderate was a crazy fucking troll. Huh.

giphy.gif

Revelations 3
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Revelations 3
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Honestly, if you don't know the difference between lack of conviction and willingness to negotiate, we don't have anything more to say to each other.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Honestly, if you don't know the difference between lack of conviction and willingness to negotiate, we don't have anything more to say to each other.

Who is unwilling to negotiate? Seriously, please answer that. It's instructive.

If your answer is, "the left", please give an example. During the ACA fracas of 2008/9, Sanders introduced a single-payer bill but didn't press the issue because he thought it might hurt the prospect of the more moderate legislation the president was pushing. Not only did Sanders not attack HIllary ever, he literally stopped a debate to defend Hillary on the e-mail nonsense.

This is the primary. This is the time to hash out ideas. What the fuck is the "negotiation" taking place right now? There are no Republicans here.

The issue is that moderates don't actually appear to feel hopeful or inspired about their beliefs. They feel defensive and they're starting the conversation like they've already lost the House and Senate to the Republicans 2 years before the elections even happen.

The thing about Buttigieg that really irks me is his age. It's not a big deal but the idea of a Millennial being elected before a Gen-Xer just runs me the wrong way. Going from a series of Boomer Presidents to a Millennial President as if the latch key generation is still at home by themselves is a bit fucked up.

Anyways, Beto 2020! Generation-X is assuming control, then we will kill off the Boomers and lock up the Millennials.

Fucking Millennials.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, F250 said:

The thing about Buttigieg that really irks me is his age. It's not a big deal but the idea of a Millennial being elected before a Gen-Xer just runs me the wrong way. Going from a series of Boomer Presidents to a Millennial President as if the latch key generation is still at home by themselves is a bit fucked up.

Anyways, Beto 2020! Generation-X is assuming control, then we will kill off the Boomers and lock up the Millennials.

Fucking Millennials.

Counterpoint: Fuck Gen X.

Counterpoint: Fuck Gen X.

Actually the gains in work-life balance and other aspects of society that are moving in the right direction are due mostly to gen x leadership not millennials. No way a 35 year old should be president. It’s highly unlikely one is ready for that level of leadership. Shit I’m 43 and Beto isn’t much older and I can’t see how I or he have lived enough to be really good at it.
  • Like 1

Actually the gains in work-life balance and other aspects of society that are moving in the right direction are due mostly to gen x leadership not millennials. No way a 35 year old should be president. It’s highly unlikely one is ready for that level of leadership. Shit I’m 43 and Beto isn’t much older and I can’t see how I or he have lived enough to be really good at it.
Our president is in his 70s.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I mean, a lot of those sort of work-life balance accommodations are made to attract/retail the millennial talent that is becoming a plurality in the workforce. It's also well documented that millennials have reported work-life balance as one of, if not the most important aspect in a job. You're not wrong, but I would argue those gains are more a result of the boomers transitioning out of leadership as opposed to specifically due to Gen X. You see those kinds of things in workplaces run both by Gen X and millennial managers. What do those people have in common? They worked under boomers, grew up with boomer parents, and saw what the workaholic/consumption above all else approach does to you. Then they said, "Fuck that shit."

I wouldn't worry about a millennial President this go-round anyway. January 1986 would be the cutoff for a January 2021 inauguration. Buttigieg was, per Wiki, born in 1982, so he is at the very front of the millennial cohort the same way Obama is at the very end of the boomers. And he probably has the longest odds of anyone. Everyone else running is at least 50, right? Half of them are older than dirt and on the other end of the spectrum - their age would be a disqualifier (for me anyway) were they not running against Trump. Hell, Bernie is too old to even be a boomer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Fucking Millennials.

Yes.  Gimme Beto.  

Oh and the Boomers are making it really hard to make fun of millennials.  And I like making fun of millennials.  Idiot fucking Boomers.  

I mean, a lot of those sort of work-life balance accommodations are made to attract/retail the millennial talent that is becoming a plurality in the workforce. It's also well documented that millennials have reported work-life balance as one of, if not the most important aspect in a job. You're not wrong, but I would argue those gains are more a result of the boomers transitioning out of leadership as opposed to specifically due to Gen X. You see those kinds of things in workplaces run both by Gen X and millennial managers. What do those people have in common? They worked under boomers, grew up with boomer parents, and saw what the workaholic/consumption above all else approach does to you. Then they said, "Fuck that shit."

I wouldn't worry about a millennial President this go-round anyway. January 1986 would be the cutoff for a January 2021 inauguration. Buttigieg was, per Wiki, born in 1982, so he is at the very front of the millennial cohort the same way Obama is at the very end of the boomers. And he probably has the longest odds of anyone. Everyone else running is at least 50, right? Half of them are older than dirt and on the other end of the spectrum - their age would be a disqualifier (for me anyway) were they not running against Trump. Hell, Bernie is too old to even be a boomer.

The demands for it started by Xers long before millennials came into the job force it’s just the boomers wouldn’t listen. In my cohort we left Big Law in droves bc of it. Xers are highly entrepreneurial, and those who stayed in corporate are finally management. Now we have work life balance in a lot of places. Yes millennials want it, but I went to the mat for it almost 20 years ago to get it when it wasn’t even an option. There are tons of articles that say millennials want it but there are just as many saying the same about Xers and Xers represent a higher percentage of management and business owners with employees than millennials and are therefore in more positions to give it.

No thanks required we cynical fucksticks didn’t do it for you we did it for us.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Beto needs to stop sending out emails about “whatever is on his mind” and jump in there. Stop jacking around. I’m starting to lose my faith in him. 

He sent out one the other night with the subject "Some exciting news." And I thought, "great he's declaring." And it was that he had won El Pasoan of the Year."

• Like 1

The demands for it started by Xers long before millennials came into the job force it’s just the boomers wouldn’t listen. In my cohort we left Big Law in droves bc of it. Xers are highly entrepreneurial, and those who stayed in corporate are finally management. Now we have work life balance in a lot of places. Yes millennials want it, but I went to the mat for it almost 20 years ago to get it when it wasn’t even an option. There are tons of articles that say millennials want it but there are just as many saying the same about Xers and Xers represent a higher percentage of management and business owners with employees than millennials and are therefore in more positions to give it.

No thanks required we cynical fucksticks didn’t do it for you we did it for us.
Yeah, all that started in the dot com boom when Xers were the workforce everyone was fighting for. Difference between that tech bubble and the current sustainable technology renaissance is that the modern CEOs and thought leaders are Xers and millennials, not boomers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, horncyclist said:

He sent out one the other night with the subject "Some exciting news." And I thought, "great he's declaring." And it was that he had won El Pasoan of the Year."

A Gen Xer who can't stop staring at himself in the mirror? You don't say!

12 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Sanders and Warren are both friends of Elliott Abrams now.  Embarrassing.

Not great. They're definitely closer to non-interventionist than Marco Rubio, but it's disappointing.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What position is Warren and Sanders supposed to take on Venezuela?

They probably shouldn't lend support to Abrams' regime change stunt. The UN and Red Cross can see the actions of the US for what they are but apparently that truth eludes those two.  

Ex-Clinton staffers are attacking Bernie for using private jets to campaign for... Hillary Clinton

“I’m not shocked that while thousands of volunteers braved the heat and cold to knock on doors until their fingers bled in a desperate effort to stop Donald Trump, his Royal Majesty King Bernie Sanders would only deign to leave his plush D.C. office or his brand new second home on the lake if he was flown around on a cushy private jet like a billionaire master of the universe,” said Zac Petkanas, who was the director of rapid response for the Clinton campaign.

As a reminder, the Clinton campaign raised over $1.4 BILLION.

lol this is awesome

Michael Briggs, Sanders’ 2016 campaign spokesman who often traveled with Sanders on the private flights, said Clinton and her staff were “total ingrates” in light of the efforts the Vermont senator put in to try to help elect her in the general election.

“You can see why she’s one of the most disliked politicians in America. She’s not nice. Her people are not nice,” he said. “[Sanders] busted his tail to fly all over the country to talk about why it made sense to elect Hillary Clinton and the thanks that [we] get is this kind of petty stupid sniping a couple years after the fact.”

“It doesn’t make me feel good to feel this way but they’re some of the biggest assholes in American politics,” he added.

Edited by bad_teammate

3 hours ago, Fozzz said:

This is much better.

She has nothing to say about Cuba, Iran and the other disgusting regimes supporting Maduro? Why should we hold ourselves to a standard of not pursuing foreign policy goals to further our interests when no other country does so.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

She has nothing to say about Cuba, Iran and the other disgusting regimes supporting Maduro? Why should we hold ourselves to a standard of not pursuing foreign policy goals to further our interests when no other country does so.

What about the disgusting regimes we do support?