2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

(snip)

Everybody else has a big “but”. I don’t see one with Harris yet.

Pun as needed.

940x940.jpgharris-brown1.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

Willie Brown Throws Shade At Ex-Girlfriend Kamala Harris: Can’t Beat Trump

Posted on February 11, 2019

(Breitbart) – Former San Francisco mayor and California State Assembly speaker Willie Brown threw shade at his ex-girlfriend, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), and the other contenders for the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination in 2020, writing Saturday that none of them can beat President Donald Trump.

In his weekly column in the San Francisco Chronicle, Brown wrote:

Make no mistake, President Trump’s State of the Union address was the kickoff for his 2020 re-election campaign, and so far I’ve yet to see a Democrat who can beat him.

Brown acknowledged last month that he had dated Harris and given her jobs that helped her early political career.

https://www.statedepartmentwatch.org/2019/02/11/willie-brown-throws-shade-at-ex-girlfriend-kamala-harris-cant-beat-trump/

Edited by zork

Things seem to be setting up well for Warren if she can keep sharpening her policy points.  Harris is gaining traction but does she have enough substance other than cross examining?  

summary-map.jpg

Biden, Bernie and Beto (the chiller B's) going the wrong way.... Mayor Pete is a pretender at this point.

delegateschange.png

So our great hope in finding someone who can connect in the suburbs of Milwaukee and Philly, thereby breaking Trump's firewall in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, is the one with the Native American ancestry debacle and who wants Medicare for All illegal immigrants.  Great. 

I still laugh at this video.

• Fuck You 2

16 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

So our great hope in finding someone who can connect in the suburbs of Milwaukee and Philly, thereby breaking Trump's firewall in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, is the one with the Native American ancestry debacle and who wants Medicare for All illegal immigrants.  Great. 

I still laugh at this video.

imgur
/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

5841B620-5432-4F02-AF48-723E44FB777E_zps

If she's the nominee, I obviously hope she wins.  I even think that some of her ideas aren't too half-baked and she, like everyone else who runs for POTUS, will move to the center during the general election campaign.

But voters like authenticity and she ain't it.  The recent clip of her on the Breakfast Club shows that she still can't address the Native American thing effectively and I doubt she ever will.  

6 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

But voters like authenticity and she ain't it.  The recent clip of her on the Breakfast Club shows that she still can't address the Native American thing effectively and I doubt she ever will.  

All she's gotta do is say that Grandaddy told her a family story about Indians, and she believed it because she loved Grandaddy and she still loves him and misses him, don't y'all miss Grandaddy too?

The fact that she can't do something this simple tells me that she is really a fembot.

And that's OK.

Yes, authenticity.  Like decades of tax returns, financial records, legal work records, and an actual DNA test.   Warren might be the most transparent candidate in my lifetime but still not authentic enough because she was slightly embarrassed about her heritage gaffe on the breakfast club radio show that no one gives a fuck about. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

13 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:
summary-map.jpg

Biden, Bernie and Beto (the chiller B's) going the wrong way.... Mayor Pete is a pretender at this point.

delegateschange.png

I don't really like the delegate tracking/estimates because the primary doesn't work in a vacuum.  What happens in Iowa will affect NH which will affect SC/NV which has big ripple effects into Super Tuesday.  I mean, if Biden just sucks shit through a straw in Iowa/NH/NV, he isn't going to finish top 2 in California and get big delegate numbers.  Beto is getting a home field bounce (top 2 finish) but so did Cruz, who was much stronger than Beto (1st in Iowa, 3rd in NH, t-2nd in SC, 3rd in NV).  Beto ain't finishing the top 3 in any of the first 4 states at the moment (if he's even still in it by Texas). 

The only thing I like is the trend line -  Biden, Sanders, Beto down - Warren and Harris up up up 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

Biden and Bernie fighting for the same voters makes very little sense. They both had the highest name recognition entering the primary, but the similarities end there. 

I know some polling has shown that people's 2nd choice after Biden is Bernie, but I call bullshit on that meaning anything outside of those were the 2 names people were familiar with. 

14 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

All she's gotta do is say that Grandaddy told her a family story about Indians, and she believed it because she loved Grandaddy and she still loves him and misses him, don't y'all miss Grandaddy too?

The fact that she can't do something this simple tells me that she is really a fembot.

And that's OK.

This.  It was an easy fix:  "Whoops.  It's been part of my family legend for so long, I just accepted it. To be fair, it's pretty common in Oklahoma to hear this, given the state's large Native American presence. While I listed it on my CV on occasion, it never a factored in my schooling or jobs.  Still, it was something of which I was proud.

In retrospect, I was wrong. I'm sorry, and I apologize to our Native American community and I pledge to be a tireless advocate for their cause going forward."

Is that so fucking hard?

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 2

I really think the Native American thing has rattled on down the line, I never hear people talking about it, and by "people" I mean "the voices in my head."

What Canecutter wishes Warren would do is dig deep and channel her Viking Queen of the Isles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_the_Isles

She's got the face and no doubt the actual genes for that. She and Trump could battle with axes in a rocking longship off the storm-tossed coast of Skye.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lanes-are-starting-to-emerge-in-the-2020-democratic-primary/

The lanes are complicated but not wholly ideological:

Harris/Warren - white college-educated voters
Biden/Sanders - white voters with no college education

As a current snapshot in time, that article makes sense. But we already know the vast majority of Bernie voters will not go to Biden, especially with the way they will attack each other moving forward. 

And frankly Biden’s support is so soft that I can see those voters going to a host of other candidates.

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lanes-are-starting-to-emerge-in-the-2020-democratic-primary/

The lanes are complicated but not wholly ideological:

Harris/Warren - white college-educated voters
Biden/Sanders - white voters with no college education

The black vote seems almost unattainable unless Biden loses at least a quarter of his support among white voters.  I think that’s where Warren, Harris, and Bernie need to chip away at.

The black vote will follow once Biden isn’t the candidate erroneously deemed most likely to beat Trump.  The only way that happens is if Biden drops from overwhelming front runner status. 

The demographic component of this race is fucking crazy.  

29 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

This.  It was an easy fix:  "Whoops.  It's been part of my family legend for so long, I just accepted it. To be fair, it's pretty common in Oklahoma to hear this, given the state's large Native American presence. While I listed it on my CV on occasion, it never a factored in my schooling or jobs.  Still, it was something of which I was proud.

In retrospect, I was wrong. I'm sorry, and I apologize to our Native American community and I pledge to be a tireless advocate for their cause going forward."

Is that so fucking hard?

How is that meaningfully different from what she has been saying? 

7-19-19

"Like most people, my brothers and I learned about who we are from our mom and our dad. My family's very important to me, and based on that, sometimes, decades ago, I identified that way. But nothing about the way I identified ever had anything to do with my academic career," Warren said.

"Even so, I shouldn't have done it. I am not a person of color. I am not a citizen of a tribe, and I've apologized for any confusion over tribal sovereignty, tribal citizenship and any harm caused by that," she continued. 

6-6-19

"As she has previously, Warren told reporters Wednesday that she grew up believing she had Native American ancestors. "This is our family story, and it's all consistent from that point in time," she said in response to a question about whether there are other documents that may show similar claims. "It's important to note I am not a tribal citizen," Warren said, "and I should have been more mindful of the distinction with tribal citizenship and tribal sovereignty."

"Family stories are not the same as tribal citizenship," Warren said Wednesday, "and this is why I have apologized ... to Chief Baker, who was very gracious about it."

But "nothing about my background ever had anything to do with any job I got in any place. It's been fully documented," Warren said, "and there's no evidence of any kind" that she was hired because of her claims."

• Like 1

Just now, Bateshorn said:

But then she did the blood test. WTF? 

The blood test was months before this.   And her momentum now proves that it was the right move, as I argued at the time.  She's maxed out the issue, taken her lumps, and there's nothing more to add unless there's a new document from her past that comes out showing that she did use it to get ahead.   Trump yelling "why don't you take a DNA test if you really believe it" is political gold.    Trump getting tripped up over the fraction she's proven to have is not. 

Plenty of candidates have weird or unpopular shit that will be used against them.   Biden has a million.   Kamala and Willie Brown.  Trump won despite a ton of shit in his closet.  The key is making it old news early and never backtracking again. 

10 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

But then she did the blood test. WTF? 

I've been in the minority on this but I always saw the blood test as a strategic way to remove a talking point from Trump.  He can no longer call for her to take a DNA test, this was his go-to conspiracy theory with Warren.  It's like Obama finally producing his birth certificate except Trump can't claim the DNA test is fake because it actually showed she wasn't very Native American.  All Trump can do now is make fun of how not native american she is, which actually makes her full blown honky.  

Yeah, she appeared weak at the moment for falling into Trump's trap, but now? It appears she has overcome that blow back and alleviated the vulnerability of Trump casting doubt on her authenticity.  Perhaps Warren had a plan for that. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

and when trump calls her pocahontas yet again, most of the world won't care, while his base high fives over the sick burn.

his morons eat that shit up.

Wonder what his base will do when she claps back with dracarys level fire, because she is going to do that. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The black vote seems almost unattainable unless Biden loses at least a quarter of his support among white voters.  I think that’s where Warren, Harris, and Bernie need to chip away at.

The black vote will follow once Biden isn’t the candidate erroneously deemed most likely to beat Trump.  The only way that happens is if Biden drops from overwhelming front runner status. 

The demographic component of this race is fucking crazy.  

From what I'm gathering, more educated Blacks prefer Warren.  

Older Blacks prefer Biden. 

And there are a shit ton of Russion bots on twitter trying to divide Blacks already. 

• Like 1

The polling data that JS1 is quoting here is interesting...

Bernie & Joe combine for 61% of the non-white votes. (Liz & Kamala combine for 15%.)

The categories where Liz & Kamala get their votes are the ones paying most attention right now.

Joe's old people constituency is paying a lot of attention (65+ @ 68% paying "a lot" of attention/3% "none at all").

Bernie's young bros are not paying attention (18-34 @ 19% paying "a lot" of attention/19% "none at all").

I got that same “not medically necessary” from BCBS about a year ago after my daughter spent a couple of nights at Dell Children’s due to type 1 diabetes issues. Had she not gone to the hospital she would have been dead within 24 hours.

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Speaking of Mayor Pete, did this get posted here?

Employer=Cumulus axed it from 150 Country stations. 

Gee, I wonder why.

I'll take a few guesses:

1. Pete failed to mention Hot Pants sittin in a Truck Stop drinkin that Moon Shine feelin So Fine.".

2. Pete sang three notes without needing autotune.

3. Pete ventured outside of a 1-4-7 chord progression.

4. Pete said "isn't, aren't, am not" instead of required "ain't."

Carry on as necessary.

30 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I'll take a few guesses:

1. Pete failed to mention Hot Pants sittin in a Truck Stop drinkin that Moon Shine feelin So Fine.".

2. Pete sang three notes without needing autotune.

3. Pete ventured outside of a 1-4-7 chord progression.

4. Pete said "isn't, aren't, am not" instead of required "ain't."

Carry on as 

All valid points. 

I'll counter with Dixie Chicks and Loretta singing about the pill.

Neither of which are going to be heard on the pliable, tractable country fan station.

The fact that he's got a bad case of The Gay doesn't help.