NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’ll give A&M some credit for at least playing teams with a pulse in non conference play unlike the previous few years.

Yeah, they've definitely stepped up the non-conference scheduling this year. 

They're also a cold 3 point shooting half from Iowa State from being 6-5. Iowa State was getting wide open 3s in that one and simply couldn't make them. 

As an AU fan I watched today’s USC at Auburn game and I wanted to look at the box score and I saw they had a highlight of the James kid at ESPN.com.

Thankfully, the hype train has left the station and it will be All Bronny All The Time.

He scored one basket and USC got clobbered but, Bronny is the highlight on ESPN.com’s page.

Former Heels player Eric Montross passed away. 

This is awful news. He was one of my favorite Tar Heels from childhood, and was a constant presence as a voice of Heels basketball for much of my adult life. As great as he was on the court, he was better off it. A supremely decent man is gone way too young, and I’m pretty fucking sad about it

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/eric-montross-1993-ncaa-champion-at-north-carolina-and-former-nba-center-dies-at-52-after-battle-with-cancer/

Montross' loss will leave a major void in the Carolina community, not just because of his 7-foot figure, but his famously congenial attitude. Because of his media involvement locally, Montross was a prideful presence. He was an archetype for what it means to be a renowned player who's engaged and connected to their alma mater decades after their playing career. Montross spent 18 years as an analyst on the Tar Heel Sports Network and was heavily involved with UNC Athletics.
——————
Montross' passing is also a painful irony: He spent decades helping raise money for children's cancer research and frequently visited cancer patients — often accompanying UNC athletes on spirit-boosting hospital trips. His memory will carry on for a long time in the Triangle.

In addition to playing for the 1993 NCAA Tournament champions, Montross was part of the Tar Heels group that made the 1991 Final Four. He played in 139 games at Carolina; the Tar Heels went 114-27 during his time there and won the 1993 ACC regular-season championship. As a senior, Montross also achieved the esteemed and rare honor of being named a First Team Academic All-American.

RIP Big Grits

d8e7dbbd1d207b1edf68f623ce939c1c.jpg
40f5a8c6eff151926c86343db12b8e37.jpg
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

The last 3 remaining D1 undefeated teams are Houston, JMU, and Ole Miss. That last one is impressive given they have a first year coach. 

Ole Miss is probably pretty good but my god their schedule is an absolute joke. 

They might only play 2 teams in the Kenpom top 40 in their first 17 games.