NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This Auburn team is a microcosm of most other Pearl teams at Auburn. 

They have a lot of talent where you say they can make a deep run but they also just do so much dumb shit. They will get a high seed but I'll almost certainly fade them advancing out of the first weekend no matter who is on their side of the bracket. 

Its funny though, if I fill out two brackets I'll  probably have them at least to the Rd of 8 in of them, and out in first weekend in the other. He's feast or famine come tournament time.

Nice win for Hoiberg. I don't recall him having many of those in Lincoln yet. But fuck the huskers anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Its funny though, if I fill out two brackets I'll  probably have them at least to the Rd of 8 in of them, and out in first weekend in the other. He's feast or famine come tournament time.

Nice win for Hoiberg. I don't recall him having many of those in Lincoln yet. But fuck the huskers anyway. 

Thing is outside of 1 year Pearl has been pretty consistent at Auburn. He's only advanced out of the 1st weekend 1 time in 9 seasons. Fading Bruce Pearl has become a good moneymaker for me come tournament time. 

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

aggy just ran out of time again...

lose 66-55 to tigers

They just aren't very good. 

In the last month, they've lost to every decent team they've played. L to Virginia, L to Memphis, L to Houston, L to LSU, and L to Auburn. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Haha 1

Jaylon Tyson has turned into a legit stud. Looks like a NBA player. Weird career path going from Texas, to Tech, and now Cal. It also shows you that development takes time for certain players. 

Just weird he's at a school like Cal. Dude would make Texas or Tech really good if he was still there. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

1-2-3-5 in back to back days. Love it

Heres my hypothesis…

Our team actually isn’t that bad. It’s just that most teams aren’t that great early in the season these days with the transfer portal due to all the new guys and figuring out rotations, chemistry, etc 

9 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Jaylon Tyson has turned into a legit stud. Looks like a NBA player. Weird career path going from Texas, to Tech, and now Cal. It also shows you that development takes time for certain players. 

Just weird he's at a school like Cal. Dude would make Texas or Tech really good if he was still there. 

I think if Tech had had Grant McCasland coaching him instead of the train wreck Mark Adams, he probably would have developed much better last year and stayed.  It's amazing the amount of damage Adams did to the program in just two years.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 11:28 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

aggy 0-2 to start the SEC.

Kentucky, @ Arkansas, @ LSU in the next 3 games. It likely won't happen but an 0-5 start in the SEC is not off the table. They've been pretty terrible for over a month now. Buzz Williams job security is getting really dicey. 

I was definitely wrong on the Buzz Williams hire. I thought he’d be a great fit given his success at Marquette, but looking back Marquette is just a well oiled machine that can make anyone look good. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Oof, 90-44 final. How can they possibly be this bad? @Sbbruin what's going on?

Also, when was the last time Gonzaga was unranked? Looks like that's a possibility come Monday.

Lost 4 of 5 starters including P12 POY Jaquez (who is tearing it up in Miami).  Young and really pretty untalented bunch of athletes who can't shoot.  Tragic.  I'm going on Sunday.  May be the worst team this century for UCLA.  Correction, it IS the worst team this century.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Lost 4 of 5 starters including P12 POY Jaquez (who is tearing it up in Miami).  Young and really pretty untalented bunch of athletes who can't shoot.  Tragic.  I'm going on Sunday.  May be the worst team this century for UCLA.  Correction, it IS the worst team this century.

Would be upset if Cronin took the Louisville job (rumors)?

On 1/11/2024 at 12:15 AM, Rickylovesweed said:

why did he leave texas again? i can’t even remember.

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

why did he leave texas again? i can’t even remember.

Because he clearly didn't want to take the time to develop, learn and be coached and wait his turn. 

17 hours ago, Tommy Shelby said:

I was definitely wrong on the Buzz Williams hire. I thought he’d be a great fit given his success at Marquette, but looking back Marquette is just a well oiled machine that can make anyone look good. 

he was good at va tech too, always winning 20+ games, always in the tourney, led them to the S16 and finished 13th in kenpom his last year there. he’s probably still a pretty damn coach, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he does well at his next stop. a&m will bring the worst out of a lot of people. 

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

he was good at va tech too, always winning 20+ games, always in the tourney, led them to the S16 and finished 13th in kenpom his last year there. he’s probably still a pretty damn coach, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he does well at his next stop. a&m will bring the worst out of a lot of people. 

I'm not exactly sold. Buzz has only advanced out of the 1st weekend 1 time in 10 years. 

He's refused to adapt. His teams are always tough and physical but can't shoot or defend the 3. He needs a major philosophy shift with the way basketball has changed. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm not exactly sold. Buzz has only advanced out of the 1st weekend 1 time in 10 years. 

He's refused to adapt. His teams are always tough and physical but can't shoot or defend the 3. He needs a major philosophy shift with the way basketball has changed. 

Until tomorrow.