I think you should leave

Baboontyme

I didn’t like the second season on first viewing but love it now. It’s the Lebowski of sketch comedy shows - it sits and the little bits of dialog and weirdness and meta jokes ferment.

There’s been some discussion in the Netflix thread but I’m glad to have a space that doesn’t further derail that thread. Have only watched season 3 once but I’m still chuckling about several of the sketches. The lady backing up and starting the exact same order. His twist when coming off the zip line. Dogs are to Matt as rats are to me. Promise me you’ll never do another rule. I was jacking off.

I love this show so much. I think my #1 sketch is Baby of the Year, although Brian’s Hat I think is more accessible and is fairly perfect. 💰.

In the Instagram sketch, after her first caption and they react negatively they tell her that you have to say something self deprecating when you post a cute picture of yourself online. So she changes the caption to a wild string of insults plus some bad stuff about herself as well. So it follows that she understood their negative reaction as resulting from her looking cute (and inappropriately captioning the picture) rather than calling them fat fucks. Stuff like that cracks me up 15 views in.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Explode Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

It's so cringe. I didn't think the proposal garden/wrestling landed at all. But what really bothers me is the stupid endings. Like some of them really hit and are funny and then they just go wild to end the sketch. I thought the guy that talks about his kids too much one was hilarious but then the veer to end it with TR's kid killing a gorilla. 

13 hours ago, Celery Man said:

the focus pull reveal of brian in the court room is possibly the greatest cinematic moment of all time

I said it in the Netflix thread but when he rolls the hat down his arm I laughed harder than I ever have in my life. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I said it in the Netflix thread but when he rolls the hat down his arm I laughed harder than I ever have in my life. 

Like fucking Fred Astaire, i was dying the way the lawyer lady read the text message out loud.

From this season i like "i fucked up, shirt brother!!" The actor that plays that guy kills me. He was a vulgar Santa in an earlier episode and i died at that too.

The "Crashmore" sketches from season 2 may be kinda a perfect encapsulation of I Think You Should Leave.

The whole theme. The weird use of language. Blood splatter "are you dumb??". And then the reveal that it's Santa Claus in the lead role. Fuckin cosmic gumbo. And then the followup AOL Blast interview sketch might be even funnier. Biggest stupid laugh moment for me in that whole thing is when he's describing that it's ultra violent and it's showing a scene in the movie - santa claus/crashmore stabs a henchman in the skull, who just makes the most perfectly idiotic expression.

"he might kill you but there's no fuckin way he's ever killing me. fuckin asshole. he said that?"

"not that year"

I said it in the Netflix thread but if you're a fan of the show, you need to watch the Tim Robinson episode of "The Characters" which is also on Netflix. It's basically an episode of I Think You Should Leave.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 7:52 AM, shadow_operative said:

i'm watching the USMNT game right now and i said aloud, "guys, we're making sloppy mistakes", and then i just busted out laughing thinking about sloppy steaks. 

Hope the USMNT tightens up their game.😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I mean, this looks like it is diving into a podcast which is fertile ground to talk about all means of fairly unimportant bullshit. The core premise of the show is people who should stop and then don’t (“I think you should leave”), I can see how she gets there. Honestly the first time I watched it, I googled if Tim Robinson had any history of addiction because so many of his characters seem like they are doing the (non-drinking) alcoholic things that makes alcoholics be alcoholics. I can see where Silverman gets this take.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...