2024 Texas Baseball

Hookem2147

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Updating my numbers. They have $14,502,400 to spend so not crazy to think they get both done. 

They've got $9.0m to spend on Crews and $2.14m to spend on Yoyo.  Slot for Sykora is $1.0m.  Anything over that will likely have to be a result of coming in under on the first two, as the later slot values just don't provide much wiggle room for serious savings.

But, staying in reality, there's no chance they make that pick unless there's already something in place.  

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They've got $9.0m to spend on Crews and $2.14m to spend on Yoyo.  Slot for Sykora is $1.0m.  Anything over that will likely have to be a result of coming in under on the first two, as the later slot values just don't provide much wiggle room for serious savings.

But, staying in reality, there's no chance they make that pick unless there's already something in place.  

i doubt they have something in place, but they know what he wants to sign 

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

You can definitely find savings with later picks. They just drafted a senior with their next pick. The rangers proved last year how much money you can find by drafting seniors. 

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Pierce has always been heavily involved with pitching and looks like he wants it done his way. I don't think this is that surprising. 

If anything it’s the best case scenario. Relinquishing base coaching duties would be the cherry on top

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

If anything it’s the best case scenario. Relinquishing base coaching duties would be the cherry on top

I laughed. I don't know why people would be upset over this either. 

Pierce is one of the best pitching coaches in the country and the reality is I don't think he's going to let any assistant really be in charge of pitching. I was pretty amazed hearing LBJ talk about pitching a few times. It was pretty clear to me that Pierce was much more in charge of pitching than Woody. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Every fanbase thinks their third base coach sucks. Kinda funny to see.

I’m not one who thinks he is an awful third base coach. I just prefer my manager in the dugout worrying about every aspect of the game. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

OB said the White Sox and at least one other team are still pushing hard for Witt but he has stood firm so far.

He’s serious with his BATNA of returning to Texas. Might as well hold firm at his asking price. 

Man, I hope he and Gordon return. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

OB said the White Sox and at least one other team are still pushing hard for Witt but he has stood firm so far.

Looking at their picks so far, the Astros will likely have some serious extra slot money.  Wonder if they have their eyes set on trying to get Tanner to come home.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Are we sure we want someone with that poor of decision making back? jk jk jk 

I'd assume he turned that down because he is expecting something a little bigger from another team?

He’d turn it down because if he comes back and shows 80% of his old self he is probably making 2x that next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Teams don’t usually draft someone in the top 10 rounds unless they’re really sure they can reach a deal.  If they’re going to take a chance on a guy they’re not sure will sign, it’s usually on day 3 and most often in the last few round (18-20).  Any Horns drafted today are very very likely gone.

Edited by Snake Diggity