2024 Texas Baseball

Hookem2147

10 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What exactly are the supposed problems with the disch post renovation?

Not much imo. Outfield seating would be nice and of course a natural field. Outfield seating is a city thing and natural grass is a matter of when not if. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Levi said:

Not much imo. Outfield seating would be nice and of course a natural field. Outfield seating is a city thing and natural grass is a matter of when not if. 

Outfield seating would be cool to increase capacity but not really a huge concern imo. We certainly won’t fill those seats all that often, plus it impedes on occupy lf and the buses.

Ive also never cared about natural grass but that’s a me thing. Other than the heat I loved playing on the old turf when given the chance. It also always seemed to give us an advantage. 

17 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Outfield seating would be cool to increase capacity but not really a huge concern imo. We certainly won’t fill those seats all that often, plus it impedes on occupy lf and the buses.

Ive also never cared about natural grass but that’s a me thing. Other than the heat I loved playing on the old turf when given the chance. It also always seemed to give us an advantage. 

It could possibly enhance occupy lf, maybe? I’m a grass guy even with the true hop you’re going to get with turf. Both are something we could add the Disch but not necessarily needed to fix a problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, torre said:

Tenn just approved a major upgrade of their baseball facilities to be completed by 2025.

So they at some point in the future might have a great stadium. Totally makes sense why that would be a draw to players now.

Gage Jump, LHP for UCLA just entered the portal, 2024 draft eligible. Hurt this past year but had a solid Freshman season. #1 LHP in California and #5 nationally in 2021 class

https://uclabruins.com/sports/baseball/roster/gage-jump/11664

Land Gage Jump, Texas would have the #1 LHP prospect in California in 2021 and 2022 in Gage Jump and Oliver Santos

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 1

.. for those who’re happy this malcontent decided to take his game elsewhere.

“Kash, a unanimous first-team All-Big 12 selection, wrapped his first season with the Red Raiders as the Big 12 leader in home runs (26), RBI (84), and total bases (182). He also ranked in the league's top three in hits (86), runs scored (67) and slugging percentage (.689). The everyday first baseman started all 64 games of the Red Raiders' 2023 season.”

Good riddance, right?

https://texastech.com/news/2023/6/22/baseball-kash-named-second-team-all-american-by-cbf

• Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

“Kash, a unanimous first-team All-Big 12 selection, wrapped his first season with the Red Raiders as the Big 12 leader in home runs (26), RBI (84), and total bases (182). He also ranked in the league's top three in hits (86), runs scored (67) and slugging percentage (.689). The everyday first baseman started all 64 games of the Red Raiders' 2023 season.”

Good riddance, right?

https://texastech.com/news/2023/6/22/baseball-kash-named-second-team-all-american-by-cbf

This horse has been beaten to death a million times. It’s time to move on.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This horse has been beaten to death a million times. It’s time to move on.

Oh yeah, like this website won’t beat that horse to death, bring it back to life and beat it back to death again. Ain’t no spurned lovers like surly 

I’m not saying Gavin Kash isn’t a good player or couldn’t have been used on this team because he most certainly could have, but he cooled off significantly once conference play started and he wasn’t hitting against Western Illinois every weekend. As a matter of fact, Jared Thomas had an average about 100 points higher than Kash in Big 12 play with an OBP about 70 points higher.

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Good riddance, right?

You going to post Bru McCoy's stats next? How out of date and irrelevant can you get? 

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’m not saying Gavin Kash isn’t a good player or couldn’t have been used on this team because he most certainly could have, but he cooled off significantly once conference play started and he wasn’t hitting against Western Illinois every weekend. As a matter of fact, Jared Thomas had an average about 100 points higher than Kash in Big 12 play with an OBP about 70 points higher.

Since you brought Jared up, I would like to brag on his defense.  The guy was only charged with 2 errors, and he is as good as any 1B we've had in the last fifty years at turning the 3-6-3 DP.  That is a tough play, and he turned it flawlessly many times this year.

All of the posters "Jonesing" for him to go OF need to cease and desist.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Good riddance, right?

The guy we got to replace him at 1st was really good so that took the sting away. Also we swept Tech.

Obviously I want everybody to stay at Texas and do great but that isn't always going to happen.

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

The guy we got to replace him at 1st was really good so that took the sting away. Also we swept Tech.

Obviously I want everybody to stay at Texas and do great but that isn't always going to happen.

And and tea-bagged Kash while doing so.

Fuck him.

For a program that doesn't have a lot of talent according to some, we sure seem to have quite a bit of talent compared to others. Should also be noted that all 4 of our guys rank inside the top 100 so it's not like we are sneaking a bunch in at the back of the list.

Edited by Hookem2147

21 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

If we can add an extra bat to the lineup by moving him to OF we absolutely should. He got much better at 1st as the year went on but it’s still 1st base and the defense just isn’t as important there.

Oh sure, until somebody goes all Bill Buckner and this entire site looses it's fucking mind. THEN tell me it's not as important

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herpa Derpa said:

ffs

Lose - v. to fail to win. ex. aggy

Loose - adj. not tight. ex. South Austin's mom

yeah i saw it. just didn't change it. It's what i get for posting while at work and trying to do it as fast as i can so i don't get caught 

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

1) people are working today?

2) you should get a new job 

1) yes

2) you have no idea how right you are

and i should be off all damn week. I start vacation Thursday but didn't pay attention to when the 4th was or i would've taken today and Wednesday off too!! I'm a fucking moron

200.gif

Edited by BERT
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't know how things shake out with the portal/roster but the way Belyeu is hitting in the summer league, he's almost certainly starting somewhere in the OF next season. 

He’s been on a tear lately. Slugging almost 1.000. Flores and Galvan not really inspiring. I was wrong about JT being there, think they had another Jared Thomas on the team last year or something. 

On 6/19/2023 at 1:33 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Apparently Texas is still in this fight. A lot of the big boys involved. Wonder if he is dragging out his decision until after the draft when depth charts are a little more clear.

Edited by Hookem2147

13 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

He’s been on a tear lately. Slugging almost 1.000. Flores and Galvan not really inspiring. I was wrong about JT being there, think they had another Jared Thomas on the team last year or something. 

Yeah, I'm not totally sure we're looking for an OF in the portal if they think Porter is returning. 

Cummings is also putting up decent/good numbers in summer league and stealing a lot of bases. Looks like a great option at the top of the order. Maybe if they can land a really big name like Mac Bingham? 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

99.9% chance this won't end up mattering, but I just read where Travis Sykora is old enough to where he would be a draft eligible sophomore if he made it to a college campus. Oftentimes this allows guys to up their asking price out of HS because they know they won't have to spend 3 years in college before being eligible again.

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

99.9% chance this won't end up mattering, but I just read where Travis Sykora is old enough to where he would be a draft eligible sophomore if he made it to a college campus. Oftentimes this allows guys to up their asking price out of HS because they know they won't have to spend 3 years in college before being eligible again.

I don't really pay attention all that closely but I haven't seen much draft love about Borba. Maybe he makes it to campus.