Immaculate Grid

tokamak

Immaculate Grid 107 8/9:
Rarity: 259
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230718_064816_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cfc3ba5545aee4c1461e54aadc4ebaf7.jpg

Spent so much time mad that the Marlins and Brewers didn't intersect so I could use Counsell. Had the center and bottom left blank for a while, thankfully Realmuto came to mind, that one should have been easy. But disappointed in myself for not getting Sexson.

Immaculate Grid 108 8/9:
Rarity: 150
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230719_065220_Chrome.thumb.jpg.390eaae216c7d5d6ecb279c555169e8c.jpg

Got too cute, didn't realize David Ortiz never made the All Star Game with Minnesota. Would have used Fred McGriff for Rays/Jays.

And that's Bagwell in the lower right. Not sure why the picture didn't load. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Edwin Jackson played for nearly everybody, so he's a great one for this game.

Edit: Google sez he has the record for teams (14).  Octavio Dotel, Rich Hill, Mike Morgan, Bartolo, and Fernando Rodney are other guys you can use for a lot of squares.

Edited by Beau Vine

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah if you ever see him on my grid it was a moment of desperation.

I haven’t memorized all of his teams yet, but if I’m certain he played for 1 of the teams, and I don’t have a better guess, I’ll throw him in there. This strategy has only failed me twice 

️ Immaculate Grid 109 8/9:
Rarity: 276
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2e3015c4eef476ecdd5848e683c87b0b.png

LOL totally took a shot in the dark with Quisenberry there. I had no idea he played for the Giants.

Edit: Oh my God. How did I forget Bobby Bonilla for the Pirates/Mets?

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:
  Hide contents

Neither did Griffey, and votto has dropped to .296.  Also despite the old guys not being popular, honus Wagner seems to be on a lot of peoples’ minds .

Spoiler

Having a career 0.300 isn't as common as one might think. I first guessed Frank Robinson for the Reds but nope, career average is .294. Fuck me.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Not gonna lie that one was tougher for me than most of these

Really?  I do better on the NL teams with growing up on the Astros.

Career .300 is tricky though with the way guys drop off with age.

• Hook 'Em 1

Really?  I do better on the NL teams with growing up on the Astros.
Career .300 is tricky though with the way guys drop off with age.
It was the KC guys mostly.

Of course now that I am done I think of Jeff King and Jay Bell who would have worked

Then finally thought of good old Cueto.

Took educated guess on Hal Morris cause he always raked

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i can't even finsih. this is all i could come up with today:

IMG_7300.thumb.jpeg.d89fa12ffad580475ca8aa65876c4879.jpeg

for some reason i was better at this before B-R took over lol. 

I don't know why I found it so funny that there are about a million guys who would fit that lower right square and you picked Brady Anderson.  That kind of thing is my favorite thing about this thread.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Having a career 0.300 isn't as common as one might think. I first guessed Frank Robinson for the Reds but nope, career average is .294. Fuck me.

Spoiler

I also guessed Frank Robinson for career .300. Couldn’t believe when the square didn’t fill

• Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't know why I found it so funny that there are about a million guys who would fit that lower right square and you picked Brady Anderson.  That kind of thing is my favorite thing about this thread.

i think he came to mind because of the "all star" portion. didn't he have some sort accident and break his nose or something during the all star team photo shoot that one year when he dropped 50 bombs? that's my lasting memory of him lol.

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i think he came to mind because of the "all star" portion. didn't he have some sort accident and break his nose or something during the all star team photo shoot that one year when he dropped 50 bombs? that's my lasting memory of him lol.

And yet somehow, Chris Davis would have been even better.

I did not know he was from Longview.

(B-R has to be (or better be) raking in the ad dollars right now. A random ass post on a UT-focused message board got me to look up Chris Davis on their site in the middle of the day on a Thursday.)

15 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

(B-R has to be (or better be) raking in the ad dollars right now. A random ass post on a UT-focused message board got me to look up Chris Davis on their site in the middle of the day on a Thursday.)

I don't think I've ever opened BRef and spent less than an hour on there.  And now, because of that Fanduel ad that runs every time, I'm getting an unhealthy obsession with:

https://www.instagram.com/alimccann/?hl=en

• Drool 1

27 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Everyday I look forward to Beau’s post in this thread just to see some new old-timer I’d never heard of.

Reveal hidden contents

Edd (with 2 D’s!) Roush is that guy for me today.

It took me about 5 seconds to get the right column and then I stared at the Royals column for about 30 minutes, because when I was a kid, they seemed to never trade anyone and ran out mostly the same (really good) team every season: Mayberry, White, Patek, Brett, Porter, Otis, McRae, Cowens.

47 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It took me about 5 seconds to get the right column and then I stared at the Royals column for about 30 minutes, because when I was a kid, they seemed to never trade anyone and ran out mostly the same (really good) team every season: Mayberry, White, Patek, Brett, Porter, Otis, McRae, Cowens.

Yeah, I hate it when the royals pop up (or really any old AL Central (DET, CWS, CLE, MIL, MIN). As an Astros fan, that is just a huge black hole.

but the royals especially. Everytime I guess a guy wrong for them and look him up, it seems like 8 years with the royals and half a season with someone else and then  hangs ‘em up.

Edited by UTexasFight