2023 Fuck Fantasy Football

closetohumping

27 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Well, it's looking like in my Vampire league I'm going to win again (win number 6). Unfortunately, I'm at a loss at the player I should steal from my opponent this week.

I have: 

CMC

Bijan

Chase

AJ Brown

Kelce

That I have stolen.

So if you could have one player on your roster going forward the rest of the season, would you rather have:

Mixon

Mostert

Diggs

Diggs seems like the obvious choice, but his regression the last few weeks, coupled with a week 13 bye has me second guessing. Mostert has Achane back to split carries (I'm aware of the Achane re-injury concerns). I don't know if the Burrow injury is a positive or a negative for Mixon.

Any thoughts?

14 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Yeah, I'd be all in on Diggs.  Mixon will be hurt with Burrow out.  If the offense can't move or falls behind, his value will be less. 

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Mixon or Diggs. Bengals should lean on Mixon 

So I don't know how much this might affect this decision either. I'll be favored in my remaining 3 games. 

Next week, I'll probably steal Mahomes or Stroud.

Week after, he only has Davante/Nacua that is worth anything.

Final week it's Hurts or Jefferson.

First to clinch playoffs in my league!  AJ Brown and Mahomes had terrible games to offset some meh performances from my RB2, WR2, TE and FLEX.   Weird game last night. 

Lucky 2 of my last 3 games are against the league quitters (tied for last). Anything can happen, but #1 seed looks likely.  Small league so no byes - top 4 advance.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fighting for last playoff spot, desperate for a win. Starters are ekeler, mixon, ARSB, Need to pick two from

1) gabe Davis v philly

2) Kupp v Arizona 

3) Ty chandler v chicago

4) Keaton Mitchell v chargers

5) rondale Moore v Rams

or say fuck it and do jeudy or Amari cooper but not thrilled about those two. I’m leaning for not getting too cute with it and picking kupp and Gabe but honestly not sure. 

Edited by achooloco

Kupp and Chandler. 

Davis burns the shit out of me and Allen has better chemistry with Shakir, Kinkaid and Diggs. Kinkaid is basically a 3rd WR

Chandler is getting a lot more work and Vikings staff seems to like him more than Mattinson, who has fumble issues 

Keaton Mitchell is high risk, high reward. Doesn’t get a lot of touches, but gets a lot of yards. Doesn’t get a lot of red zone work with Lamar and Gus though, so he’s not going to get TDs unless he breaks a huge run 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/25/2023 at 8:54 PM, achooloco said:

Thank you! Think you right. This just my third real year of trying at ffb, so learning as I go. Good luck to all tomorrow!

Welp don’t listen to me re: Kupp and Davis 😂 or Mitchell I guess 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, zman13 said:

Have both Zack Moss and Ekeler for one RB slot. Normally Ekeler would be a no brainer but now I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

The chargers offense is literally hand it to AE, check down to AE or throw it to Keenan Allen. 

4 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Awesome. 5 players on my roster with a bye week.

Join the club. I have to rely on fucking Adam Thielen who is MIA and Taysom Hill this week. At least Brock Purdy ain’t a total scrub and is a top 6/8 QB. And hope Rashee Rice’s LV breakout was real and not a mirage 

I’m up against the 2nd place team - we are the only 2 who have clinched so far, but I can secure the top seed this week 

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

Rashee has been solid all year. He's 35th in WR pts.

He’s only broken 10 points 6 weeks and 15 points twice. He’s been solid as a WR3. Last week was the most he was targeted since week 3. It would be nice if he could move into WR2 territory with more targets since the Chiefs WR are banged up and most of them can’t catch 

Edited by Js1

30 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He’s only broken 10 points 6 weeks and 15 points twice. He’s been solid as a WR3. Last week was the most he was targeted since week 3. It would be nice if he could move into WR2 territory with more targets since the Chiefs WR are banged up and most of them can’t catch 

He's been a 2/flex, honestly. Over his last 7 in PPR he hasn't had less than 8 and is averaging 13. Looking at other WRs on one of my teams he has 1 less point than Devonta and 11 more than Jakobi Myers over that span. 

Not telling you to sit or start him against GB - but 24 from him isn't a "mirage". He's their leading WR on the year. By a lot.

Frankly, they should have been throwing him the ball more from the get go.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He's been a 2/flex, honestly. Over his last 7 in PPR he hasn't had less than 8 and is averaging 13. Looking at other WRs on one of my teams he has 1 less point than Devonta and 11 more than Jakobi Myers over that span. 

Not telling you to sit or start him against GB - but 24 from him isn't a "mirage". He's their leading WR on the year. By a lot.

Frankly, they should have been throwing him the ball more from the get go.

Man, I've been saying that all year.  He has legit breakaway speed if Mahomes can get him the ball.  Expected much more from him coming out of a bye (Andy Reid, rookies and the week after a bye are a good mix), but maybe they figured it out after the mess that was the Philly game and watching Toney, MVS and Hardman drop everything. 

He's starting for me since it's bye week hell but hoping he can be a consistent WR2/FLEX ROS for me. I can't rely on Thielen in that role. 

Pollard and Aubrey did some damage for my opponent last night (32.3) but could have been worse. 

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Ha. Worked a trade a couple of days ago giving up Kittle and Nico Collins getting Kelce and Thielen back. Now with Dell out and Collins the clear #1, I have some regrets, lulz

Thielen is a bum. Bad call

On 11/30/2023 at 8:32 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I'm real fucked at Flex. Need one, .5 PPR... 

Doubs v. KC
C. Watson v. KC
Njoku @ LAR 

No thanks to anyone here, I went Watson. Don't need him though, killing that opponent. 

Went 3-0 easy this week with all the bye fuckery (traded for Love), but still eliminated from playoffs in one league. 

My Vamp team continues to win. Worked my way into the 3 seed, and have a chance at a first round by if I win this week.

So same question as the last few weeks. If you could have one or the other the rest of the season, would you rather have:

Davante Adams

Puka Nacua

I'm leaning Puka right now based on upside, but the injury concerns me. Davante seems to have come back down to earth after his early start. He seems like more of the safe/consistent option. 

Here is my lineup currently, so I'm not even sure either of them move another guy to the bench:

CMC

Bijan

Chase

AJ Brown

Kelce

Mostert

Kyren

Thoughts?

Puka, because I'd rather have Stafford throwing to me than O'Connell or whatever that dudes name is.  

Rams schedule - Baltimore, Commanders, Saints, Giants, 49ers
Raiders schedule - Vikings, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Broncos