Texas Women’s Basketball 2023-2024: Handing out ass whoopins and lollipops, and we’re all out of lollipops

Pancho

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

UCONN has the same issue as Texas. Too many injuries but probably a final 4 team (or better) if healthy. 

We are deeper than UConn. And bigger. 3 Huskies with 2 fouls. The ND problem - playing a small rotation 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

I'm not unopposed to starting Holle at SG. Until Lee is ready to be a starter.  Or if we do not get a top tier transfer. 

Holle was a 48% FG shooter (better than Shaylee's 41%) and 37.6% from three (statistically the same as Shaylee 38%)

That gives you Harmon-Holle-Booker-Moore-Jones with Preston, Maul, Lee, Carlton, Gaston and maybe Muhammad on the bench 

Harmon + Holle in your starting 5 is a nightmare for opposing guards. 

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm not unopposed to Holle at SG but think we need a guard that gets downhill. That's not really Holle. 

I'm also not unopposed to Holle starting at SF with Booker at PF. Just not sure you can convince Moore to come off the bench. 

So y'all are opposed to Holle at SG?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don’t recall Gottleib being anything more than an average coach at Cal so I’m quite surprised she got Juju and the #1 class for 2024 

trojans have size and Uconn in foul trouble, and not going inside at all.  This gameplan by Gottleib is a joke so far...  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

trojans have size and Uconn in foul trouble, and not going inside at all.  This gameplan by Gottleib is a joke so far...  

poor X and O coach. This doesn’t surprise me 

Maybe Mulkey hates Van Lith so much she had her get destroyed by Clark for 80 percent of the game. Only logical explanation for that defensive game plan. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Looks like they are trying to play some sort of victim card based on postgame stuff I saw from Reese and van lith 

Victim of what??

Getting their asses beat maybe...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Victim of what??

Getting their asses beat maybe...  

van lith was talking about how she thinks the lsu team gets more criticism because they have a lot of black players. 

reese was talking about how hard it’s been for her since “she” won the National championship, I think with social media trashing her. 

maybe LA times related?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

van lith was talking about how she thinks the lsu team gets more criticism because they have a lot of black players. 

reese was talking about how hard it’s been for her since “she” won the National championship, I think with social media trashing her. 

maybe LA times related?

They get more criticism because they're annoying as fuck. 

Two of the most annoying are white (Van Lith and Mulkey). How the fuck is this a racism thing? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Geno is such a better coach than Gottleib. 

Like Vic, impressive job by Geno this year considering the injuries. 

Yeah... not impressed by Gottlieb's coaching tonight.  She had much better talent/depth on the floor, but a terrible gameplan and poor execution on offense.  

Ridiculous to see the trojans lose tonight to such a smaller Uconn team with no depth. 

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah... not impressed by Gottlieb's coaching tonight.  She had much better talent/depth on the floor, but a terrible gameplan and poor execution on offense.  

Ridiculous to see the trojans lose tonight to such a smaller Uconn team with no depth. 

UConn has very little depth, but their leader is a talented upperclassman. USC's star and leader is a freshman, and the lights were a little too big for her on this day. Sound familiar? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

UConn has very little depth, but their leader is a talented upperclassman. USC's star and leader is a freshman, and the lights were a little too big for her on this day. Sound familiar? 

Tonight the trojans lost due to poor coaching 

• Like 1

ALBANY, N.Y. - Kim Mulkey paid Caitlin Clark the ultimate compliment.

Mulkey and Clark had a moment in the handshake line and the LSU coach said she told Iowa's star, "I sure am glad you're leaving. Girl you’re something else. Never seen anything like it."

• Like 1

The NCAA apologized for letting five women's March Madness games play out on a court with uneven 3-point lines, one nine inches shorter at the apex than the other. The line was fixed ahead of Monday's Elite Eight games.

"We apologize for this error and the length of time for which it went unnoticed," the NCAA said in a statement released Monday. "Simply put, this court did not meet our expectations, and the NCAA should have caught the error sooner."

• Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

van lith was talking about how she thinks the lsu team gets more criticism because they have a lot of black players.   reese was talking about how hard it’s been for her since “she” won the National championship, I think with social media trashing her.    maybe LA times related?

Thanks... Watched part of press conference for Lsu after game... they had lots of drama all year.

Lsu players act like they're tough dawgs on the basketball court, but want "kid gloves treatment" off the court. 

Kinda hard to feel much sympathy for that circus -- "yah reap what yah sow".

• Hook 'Em 3

So two 1s and two 3s in the Final Four

At least we weren't the only 1 seed not to make it.  For us, it was mostly Booker being completely invisible.  For USC, JuJu was not the problem (29 points, 10 boards).  Their defense wasn't great and UConn played team basketball (17 assists on 28 baskets) and got to the line 7 more times than USC. 

More evident of LSU/Iowa Race War 2.0:

right wing social media are now dogging LSU for not being out there during the national anthem while Iowa was. 

Let me be clear—there was a change to the pre-game situation in NCAAW basketball about 4-5 years ago. The pre-game stuff (announcements, playing of school songs, playing of national anthem) starts at the 15:00 mark on the pregame clock. Nearly all teams go back inside until around 3 min remaining on the clock, and at that time, all announcements are done. Teams wanted to do this because they’d rather have more time to stretch and go over final game notes and stuff without the distraction of the crowd/announcer. 

I’m not sure if Iowa has done this all season, but it was actually abnormal for Iowa to stay out there for the anthem and not go in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

HS All Star game tonight, 5:30PM, Toyota Center, ESPN2, featuring Jordan Lee and Justice Carlton. 

Said Texas head coach Vic Schaefer: “Justice Carlton may be the most physical high school player I’ve seen in a long time. Her ability to finish with contact is very unusual for a high school player. She punishes defenders as she finishes in and around the rim. She’s worked hard at expanding her game and can face up as well as finish with her back to the basket.”

“Jordan Lee is an incredibly talented, big guard who can score at all three levels and can defend 1 through 4,” Schaefer said. “Her toughness and competitive spirit on both ends of the floor are off the chart. She possesses a great basketball IQ, understands the game and is a tireless worker. She is a gym rat.”

3 Texas Longhorns recruits playing in McDonald’s High School All-American games Tuesday | KXAN Austin

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

More evident of LSU/Iowa Race War 2.0:

right wing social media are now dogging LSU for not being out there during the national anthem while Iowa was. 

Let me be clear—there was a change to the pre-game situation in NCAAW basketball about 4-5 years ago. The pre-game stuff (announcements, playing of school songs, playing of national anthem) starts at the 15:00 mark on the pregame clock. Nearly all teams go back inside until around 3 min remaining on the clock, and at that time, all announcements are done. Teams wanted to do this because they’d rather have more time to stretch and go over final game notes and stuff without the distraction of the crowd/announcer. 

I’m not sure if Iowa has done this all season, but it was actually abnormal for Iowa to stay out there for the anthem and not go in. 

Conservative LSU fans must be at a loss on how to react. They must simultaneously love Mulkey while hating the team. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

If Angel Reese was white and had a dick and did all the silly antics she does, she’d be universally panned Christian Laettner

FIFY....

Edited by MirrOlure
  • Haha 1

(CNN) — Monday night’s Elite Eight showdown between Caitlin Clark’s Iowa Hawkeyes and Angel Reese’s LSU Tigers set the all-time ratings record for a women’s college basketball game, according to ESPN.

More than 12 million people tuned in to watch the much-hyped rematch of 2023’s national championship game, which saw Iowa avenge last year’s loss and advance to its second straight Final Four.

ESPN also boasted that Monday’s audience of 12.3 million made it the “most-watched college basketball game EVER on ESPN platforms.”

Posted (edited)

Louisiana Gov. Jeff Landry threatens scholarships after LSU players miss national anthem before Iowa loss.

The pregame logistics of LSU's Elite Eight loss to Iowa have turned into a controversy that reached the governor's mansion on Tuesday.

Louisiana Gov. Jeff Landry posted a tweet the morning after LSU's 94-87 loss to Iowa calling for the Louisiana Board of Regents to create a policy mandating that student-athletes be present for a pregame national anthem or risk losing their scholarships.

Several conservative commentators had spent the previous several hours criticizing LSU's players and coaches for not being on the court when the national anthem was played ahead of the Elite Eight in Albany, New York.

Landry's full tweet:

"My mother coached women’s high school basketball during the height of desegregation, no one has a greater respect for the sport and for Coach Mulkey. However, above respect for that game is a deeper respect for those that serve to protect us and unite us under one flag !

"It is time that all college boards, including Regent, put a policy in place that student athletes be present for the national anthem or risk their athletic scholarship! This is a matter of respect that all collegiate coaches should instill."

The LSU players not being on the court wasn't a protest of any sort, as LSU head coach Kim Mulkey explained after the game. The coach of the defending champions told reporters that the team was following its usual pregame routine:

"Honestly, I don't even know when the anthem was played. We kind of have a routine when they're on the floor and they come off at the 12-minute mark. I don't know, we come in and we do our pregame stuff. I'm sorry, listen, that's nothing intentionally done."

Edited by Cairn Horn88