Survivor 45

TrashMaster G

Brandon is the most pathetic human I might have ever seen, not just the show, but in my 64 years. Although his futile attempt to just climb a ladder was maybe the funniest thing I’ve ever seen in the show. I also love Probst shouting “Let’s Go Brandon!” Great fun!

Emily should be nailed to a raft and drug out to sea. She is batshit fucking crazy.

• Hook 'Em 5

Great.  The worst person on the show is from McKinney.

Survivor did its best to drum up drama in the edit leading up to tribal.  I told my wife that if either of the black contestants on the yellow team get voted off tonight, I'm out.  /no racist

Dee and J Maya in some water competitions please.  Speaking of, does anyone remember the gratuitous baby oil challenge from several years ago?  It may have been one of the Rob/Amber seasons.  Folks had to oil their entire bodies and do a "slip n slide" type challenge.  That'd be cool to bring back.

What a geek fest this season is. And how many levels of screening did Hannah (and Brandon for that matter) have to go through before they were selected? I can’t believe that producers weren’t able to sniff out how terrible they were going to be as contestants. 

• Hook 'Em 1

at least theres not as much, or as many, blatantly gay contestants this season.  it seems like the producers have erred and been too obvious about it the past few years.

i dont get the quitting, the after one day saying i miss by bed.  one day.  we can do hard things, like carry around a bamboo branch.   and brandon?  did the dude do one pushup in all the time he had since he knew he was going to be competing?  did he do any prep whatsoever?  jog a little maybe? utter failure.  i dont actually mind emily too much.  she's not really all that negative to me, she's just got no filter and says every honest thought in her head.  not very strategic.  she should have bit her tongue after bruce's speech.  no need to draw attention to yourself like that, especially right off the bat.  pick your battles.  but when the whole entire tribe thinks the pyramids were built by aliens, she just looked at them dumbfounded like i'm surrounded by idiots, and she was right.  

hate to see hannah go.  always a looker that seems to go first.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Yea Shabuya appeared to be the most balanced of that fucked up group but then she started with the pyramid/alien/battery thing. There are a number of black folks that believe the pyramids were built for black folks as batteries/ transmitters/ space beacons by aliens.

That doesn’t read the way I intended. This story of the pyramids as alien base I was hearing as a kid in Memphis, as one in black radio and the music business thru college, and later in tv and the internets.

I meant to add that it was a similar narrative of ancient alien enlightenment to aryans by white supremacists and similar.

Lulu is especially bad, but the cast as a whole has fewer people with any measure of athleticism than any season that I can recall.  The tribes being so unbalanced likely means we will see some mixing sooner than we otherwise would...unless they just want to see all the Lulus go home.    

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Brandon is the most pathetic human I might have ever seen, not just the show, but in my 64 years. Although his futile attempt to just climb a ladder was maybe the funniest thing I’ve ever seen in the show. I also love Probst shouting “Let’s Go Brandon!” Great fun!

Emily should be nailed to a raft and drug out to sea. She is batshit fucking crazy.

Just finished the 1st episode.  I agree on both counts.  Brandon=pitiful.  Emily=nails on a chalkboard.  Be sure to flip the raft over until the bubbles stop. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Just finished the 1st episode.  I agree on both counts.  Brandon=pitiful.  Emily=nails on a chalkboard.  Be sure to flip the raft over until the bubbles stop. 

i can tolerate emily for weeks longer than i can tolerate the astrology chick.  i am used to people with emily's thought process and can deal with it.  stupid people i cant abide.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

i dont get the quitting, the after one day saying i miss by bed.  one day.  we can do hard things, like carry around a bamboo branch.   and brandon?  did the dude do one pushup in all the time he had since he knew he was going to be competing?  did he do any prep whatsoever?  jog a little maybe? utter failure.  i dont actually mind emily too much.  she's not really all that negative to me, she's just got no filter and says every honest thought in her head.  not very strategic.  she should have bit her tongue after bruce's speech.  no need to draw attention to yourself like that, especially right off the bat.  pick your battles.  but when the whole entire tribe thinks the pyramids were built by aliens, she just looked at them dumbfounded like i'm surrounded by idiots, and she was right.  

I've put in a tape for Survivor.  One of the most obvious rules is that you don't put a target on your back for the first half of the season.  Once you get halfway through, folks start to think who they can beat head-to-head.  That's when you act like a dick.  They'll keep you around assuming others won't vote for you.

22 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

hate to see hannah go.  always a looker that seems to go first.  

image.jpeg.de707b3b1d4d233b69e8e0c9eef942e7.jpeg

• Haha 3

Brandon falling off the wall during the immunity challenge was one of the funniest Survivor moments in a long time.  I only wish they had given us the reverse angle slo-mo replay so I could see if he actually landed on his head.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 4:08 PM, Lat22 said:

What a geek fest this season is. And how many levels of screening did Hannah (and Brandon for that matter) have to go through before they were selected? I can’t believe that producers weren’t able to sniff out how terrible they were going to be as contestants. 

On 9/28/2023 at 5:31 PM, thrillhammer said:

i dont get the quitting, the after one day saying i miss by bed.  one day.  we can do hard things, like carry around a bamboo branch.   and brandon?  did the dude do one pushup in all the time he had since he knew he was going to be competing?  did he do any prep whatsoever?  jog a little maybe? utter failure. 

Yeah, it's a huge casting fail and also a preparation fail from the contestants. At least go camping for a weekend and skip dinner each night.  It's like some of these people have never been outside.

• Hook 'Em 2

Brandon falling off the wall during the immunity challenge was one of the funniest Survivor moments in a long time.  I only wish they had given us the reverse angle slo-mo replay so I could see if he actually landed on his head.

I thought it hilarious that when they finally hefted Brandon up the ladder and over the rail and he collapsed face first into the deck that the challenge continued around him. No medic sent in, even his teammates left him laying there like a beached whale. He is a pathetic human. If he’s a game geek how would he even think he could do 1 day of anything? Simple breathing seems to be an anxiety ridden action for him.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2023 at 3:34 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

I've put in a tape for Survivor.  One of the most obvious rules is that you don't put a target on your back for the first half of the season.  Once you get halfway through, folks start to think who they can beat head-to-head.  That's when you act like a dick.  They'll keep you around assuming others won't vote for you.

image.jpeg.de707b3b1d4d233b69e8e0c9eef942e7.jpeg

Hannah had a little something..a few pounds mightve come off if she stuck around.

• Hook 'Em 1

Emily would have gone home in Week 1 most seasons, but nope, she is only 3rd worst on a team of 6 this season, and may end up sticking around for some time.  I'm still waiting to see evidence of any aptitude whatsoever from Brandon.  Guess it will have to wait for an all stars season.  

Has there been a worse performance from a so-called Superfan than Brandon? Nearly drowned from the literal jump (off the boat). Appeared to have died at the first challenge. He had the muscle strength of a moth and the problem solving skills of a donkey. Only survived the first vote because someone quit, and then gets voted out instead of a player universally hated by the entire tribe.

Just brutal. Should probably stick to observing the world from the couch to be safe.

5 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Has there been a worse performance from a so-called Superfan than Brandon? Nearly drowned from the literal jump (off the boat). Appeared to have died at the first challenge. He had the muscle strength of a moth and the problem solving skills of a donkey. Only survived the first vote because someone quit, and then gets voted out instead of a player universally hated by the entire tribe.

Just brutal. Should probably stick to observing the world from the couch to be safe.

Yep.  And I may have misheard, but I thought he had told his tribe that he didn't attempt the individual challenge (w/ the other 2 guys) but, later admitted to losing it.  

On 10/6/2023 at 10:53 AM, Herpa Derpa said:

This.  Thinking of all the people that auditioned and he got selected?  Not cool.

They should have done a restart and sent this loser tribe away and bring in a crew of qualified candidates that got screwed by this casting crew that fucked up so bad.

They should have done a restart and sent this loser tribe away and bring in a crew of qualified candidates that got screwed by this casting crew that fucked up so bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:44 AM, UTPhil2006 said:

Yellow going to be extinct in 3 weeks?

Doubtful.  Now that 3 players are gone, they will shuffle the tribes.  At least one original Lulu will end up on a tribe capable of winning challenges.  

Edited by idigTexas

10 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Doubtful.  Now that 3 players are gone, they will shuffle the tribes.  At least one original Lulu will end up on a tribe capable of winning challenges.  

Ah yeah I saw on the beginning of my Amazing Race DVR the teaser for next week that he said that. Makes sense. New team for Emily to annoy 

I think they need a genocide option where the two remaining tribes can veto the merge and just eliminate the third tribe. LuLu needs to go away. Emily will be entertaining with her crazy annoyance au her new tribe will be entertaining as her new tribes plots to feed her to the sharks.

I'd like to see something like this:

• Each tribe picks someone to send to "advantage island," where the choice they each have to make is to be in charge of picking new tribe members or losing their next vote and selecting someone else from their tribe to fill that role. 
  • The three tribe choosers then do a schoolyard pick to refill their teams.
    • Must select someone from a different tribe first.
    • Cannot pick consecutive members from the same tribe unless last pick forces it.  

This at least gives the players some control instead of leaving it entirely up to luck, and should do a reasonable job of mixing the tribes, while possibly revealing or blowing up alliances.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 11:23 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

They’ve inserted so much luck into the game that things like this don’t really matter as much as it used to, but Kaleb seems like one of the best players they’ve had in a long time.

not sure why you think this.  he was toast until emily saved him.  and completely clueless and naive about it.

• Like 1

Agreed. I think all the LuLu squad are total idiots. Kaleb was a dead man walking; he’s so clueless he’ll be a say pickings in his new team. Emily can’t keep her annoying mouth shut; she seems to have remarkable radar for the game but can’t shut up. And the other dude cries at every little crisis. He’s done.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 8:21 AM, thrillhammer said:

not sure why you think this.  he was toast until emily saved him.  and completely clueless and naive about it.

Every player in Survivor history has had plans hatched behind their back.  He was targeted because he had a strong social game, and his decision to befriend a dead woman walking paid off immediately.  And then he was smart enough to believe her.

They haven't had many players in recent years that are strong social AND physical threats.

33 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

Another quitter. Fantastic. 🙄

that didnt make any sense.  dude may be bipolar.  he went from one second of pitching himself and saying how loyal he'd be and his positive energy and what he brings to the tribe, to vote me off.   what the ?  i thought it might be a ploy to keep sifu from playing his shot in the dark.  still not sure if he wanted to be voted off or if that was a ploy. 

and where did the vote for dee come from?  it was always between sifu and shawn.  you can tell sifu is already going to be vindictive and headhunting enough that someone wrote his name down.  i wonder what dee is going to do.  that was an utter cluster of a tribal.  amateurs being amateurs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think Shawn wrote down Dee because he had to write someone. He didn't want to put Sifu, because he genuinely wanted to leave- I think you may be right on the bipolar thing. They need to do a better job of vetting people for this show. Jeez.

I like how Sifu talks about himself in the third person..he may be a complete nutjob.

2 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

that didnt make any sense.  dude may be bipolar.  he went from one second of pitching himself and saying how loyal he'd be and his positive energy and what he brings to the tribe, to vote me off.   what the ?  i thought it might be a ploy to keep sifu from playing his shot in the dark.  still not sure if he wanted to be voted off or if that was a ploy. 

You may be on to something.  Dude went from, 
"I'll be loyal; don't vote for me" to,

"Vote me off" to,

"I would have won if I stayed" to,

"I quit exactly like I wanted to".

All in about 10 mins.