Survivor 45

TrashMaster G

7 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

i get that, but hes winning in the sense that nobody likes him, they all want to vote him out, but he's still there.  they all know he has an idol, want to flush it out, but never do.   the girls should have stayed loyal to their alliance.  have no idea what advantage they think it is to them to keep boston jake and give up kellie.  dumb move.

He's definitely surviving...for now.

i dont believe its a stretch to say arrogance and cockiness is a thing with bruce, even outside survivor.  they did a good job of making him feel safe.   who was the one person that voted for julie?  nobody likes seeing their name so there's going to be some fallout.  blindsiding julie was actually shakura's idea, and had some merit.  emily took the ball and ran with it, or at least so it seemed, but was voting bruce all along. i wonder if julie finds out emily and shakura were throwing her name out there.

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

i dont believe its a stretch to say arrogance and cockiness is a thing with bruce, even outside survivor.  they did a good job of making him feel safe.   who was the one person that voted for julie?  nobody likes seeing their name so there's going to be some fallout.  blindsiding julie was actually shakura's idea, and had some merit.  emily took the ball and ran with it, or at least so it seemed, but was voting bruce all along. i wonder if julie finds out emily and shakura were throwing her name out there.

Pretty sure Bruce had the vote for Julie.  

• Like 1

Bruce voted Julie. The Jake/bruce split was interesting and positioned Jake as a perfect plan b fallback if Bruce played his idol. Emily is mighty smart last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Native Horn said:

Pretty sure Bruce had the vote for Julie.  

that would make since he was the only one out of the loop. emily did a great job of selling it by saying if julie isnt gone tonight i'm dead.  great line.   the thing is the julie blindside was a brilliant idea, and would have earned shakura and emily tons of jury cred.   they are right, if she makes the final she wins.  everybody loves her.  as it is now they might have missed their chance.  i have a feeling her spidey senses are now on alert.

Man, they sure have been lining up immunity challenges that suit Bruce.  Glad Austin was able to outlast him.  

I was a little concerned for Emily that she was disclosing so much info, as that often has a way of backfiring, but she was masterful at making Bruce feel comfortable.  She was already doing well, but that definitely scored her some big points.    

Game is definitely on now.  I think Jake and Katurah have survived long enough to be carried to the end and help the rest make moves.  The Dee/Austin thing is going to make them both targets at some point.  

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Maybe I missed something but didn’t they all know that Austin had given Julie the idol?  Counting on her to not play the it, particularly after the beans were spilled, was dumb. 

they knew she had an idol, but they were 100% sure it was a blindside.  dee has made herself vulnerable by divulging the plan.  she fucked everyone for the sake or herself and her friend.  she even fucked austin, who is supposedly her other #1.   he didnt have to tell her but he did not to betray her trust, and she turned around and betrayed his trust.

• Like 1

I was pulling for Emily, so this one sucked.  Fingers will be pointed at Austin, but Emily has Drew to thank for it.  They didn't need Austin's vote.  I'm really surprised that Drew was not more aware about how close Austin and Dee have become.  You tell people that you trust the plan, but trusting them to not do the same is where shit happens. 

I'm even more surprised that they did not change the plan when it became obvious that Julie was aware.  All they needed to do was split the vote.  I can only assume that she was confident that Julie would vote Austin.  It is consistent for Emily to stick with her Julie vote, ever focused on the long game instead of seeing the immediate risk.  

I think Drew currently has the best resume, but I can see a path for any of the final 6 to win.  It should be interesting.  

I thought some smart players got really stupid last night. Thinking they had a blindside to repeat a pocket idol was dumb. But they had to flush it, but no backup plan. Would have been a better game had Julie written Austin thereby fucking Dee and exposing her yapping to Julie.

I thought Emily played great last week to get Bruce out. I thought she was stupid when she got back to camp and had to brag to the others about in brilliance in setting up Bruce. Painted a fucking target on herself like Emily 1.0.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I was hoping Julie had done the fun thing and voted Austin, which would have fucked Dee for not keeping her mouth shut. What is it with these players that just can’t resist opening their trap. Drew is another one.

I was hoping that Drew figured Austing would Dee, who would tell Julie.  Then he would vote Dee.  This would be 5 votes Julie and tie between Austin and Dee.  Let's vote again!  No matter how this turns out it's gonna look good on a resume'. 

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I thought Emily played great last week to get Bruce out. I thought she was stupid when she got back to camp and had to brag to the others about in brilliance in setting up Bruce. Painted a fucking target on herself like Emily 1.0.

Excellent point.  I completely agree.  She adapted really well from a rough start, but fell back into old habits at the end.  

23 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Excellent point.  I completely agree.  She adapted really well from a rough start, but fell back into old habits at the end.  

I didn’t care for her not going for the puzzle challenge to “keep” her vote.  That was so lame, and her spilling the beans about playing Bruce so well was beyond stupid.  Good riddance.

I didn’t care for her not going for the puzzle challenge to “keep” her vote.  That was so lame, and her spilling the beans about playing Bruce so well was beyond stupid.  Good riddance.

I don’t understand the reticence of players to deny trying to gain advantages. I think she didn’t do the puzzle because of a lack of confidence and fear of losing over working to gain, but she spun it as I just wanted to keep my vote. Players never want to be seen looking for idols and other players are critical of those that do it. Shit that’s the game. I’d be looking all the time.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/8/2023 at 7:49 PM, Texzilla58 said:

I don’t understand the reticence of players to deny trying to gain advantages. I think she didn’t do the puzzle because of a lack of confidence and fear of losing over working to gain, but she spun it as I just wanted to keep my vote. Players never want to be seen looking for idols and other players are critical of those that do it. Shit that’s the game. I’d be looking all the time.

Richard Hantz set the bar.

On 12/8/2023 at 5:58 PM, Horn80 said:

I actually liked that.  I wish more players would reject the constant calvinball bullshit and just play the basic game.

• Hook 'Em 1

she wouldnt even make eye contact with him.   i'm interested in how he reacts, or if he even figures it out.  he could be naive and stay naive.   him telling her last week totally screwed up the whole tribe, and her not telling him this week totally screwed up the whole tribe.   i'd say one of those two need to be gone next.  showmance's always need to be broken up as early as possible.

35 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I don't think the Jury would vote for him.  Most of them don't like him and the only reason he's still around is because everyone views him as a non-threat.

That's definitely the logical take, I'm just trying to figure out why they keep including his "I'm not done fighting yet!" comments over and over if there isn't some kind of payoff.  

Him and Katurah are equally non-factors in the strategy, but they want us to be more sympathetic towards Jake for some reason.