Survivor 45

TrashMaster G

I want to see Jeff come down on these quitters more harshly. They could have edited out or reshot his exit and not had that stupid blathering he put out there. That shit just encourages more losers to sign up who want a free vacation.

The contract should have some penalties for quitters like having to pay their own way back, banishment from all Survivor post show events, and total inability to use Survivor in their post show life like social media.

Too many applicants sitting at home who would have at least struck it out over these in weak sniveling turds.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

That doesn’t read like harsh judgement to me. He’s giving a reason but he doesn’t try to humiliate the dude. We need more guilt, embarrassment, and shame in society instead of celebrating Sean’s fucking feelings.

I hear you. Need more TJ Lavin approach to quitting. 

Amazing that two of the first four people to leave quit, and another should have...and they were all put on the same tribe to start.  The people in charge of casting and assigning teams need to be fired.  They are clearly suffering from underdog syndrome.   

I keep waiting for Jeff to give a speech, but maybe he sees no redeeming value in keeping any of these people. 

4 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Amazing that two of the first four people to leave quit, and another should have...and they were all put on the same tribe to start.  The people in charge of casting and assigning teams need to be fired.  They are clearly suffering from underdog syndrome.   

I keep waiting for Jeff to give a speech, but maybe he sees no redeeming value in keeping any of these people. 

Complete casting failure.

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

I get the feeling the Boston lawyer will also have to drop out. Though not voluntarily, more a physical/medical reason than mental/emotional.

They do seem to be hinting at that, but I would not call that one a casting failure, just bad luck.  Casting someone with that accent was the failure.  They were clearly hoping for another Boston Rob. 

Edited by idigTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, idigTexas said:

They do seem to be hinting at that, but I would not call that one a casting failure, just bad luck.  Casting someone with that accent was the failure.  They were clearly hoping for another Boston Rob. 

hitting your head is bad luck.  i'm thinking it might be a medical condition, which they could have caught.  

17 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

hitting your head is bad luck.  i'm thinking it might be a medical condition, which they could have caught.  

That depends on what it is.  We'll either find out or we won't.  I'm sure they all pass physicals and sign releases.  I'm not going to fault them if it's something obscure.  If he has a metal spike sticking out of his head, then sure, they should probably catch that.  

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

That depends on what it is.  We'll either find out or we won't.  I'm sure they all pass physicals and sign releases.  I'm not going to fault them if it's something obscure.  If he has a metal spike sticking out of his head, then sure, they should probably catch that.  

This is the deep insight I come to surly for.

With all the time they spent covering Reba drama, I was fairly certain they would end up at tribal, but nope.  Finally, a non-original Lulu goes home. 

I expect both Kaleb and Emily to make the merge, and editing suggests that they both go far, but perhaps it only feels that way because so much attention has been devoted to Lulu to to their epic fails.  I also expect Austin and Drew to survive for a while based on editing.    

I had not given any thought about Brando at all...and I certainly won't be doing so now.  

3 hours ago, Pokoloco said:

I've never seen the shot in the dark work. 

I guess Emily voted for he ride or die to leave tho?

i didnt understand why she didnt vote for j.  that would have been the end of it with no revote needed.  i'm guessing she didnt want to put a target on her back.  kind of a cowardly "go along to get along" thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

i didnt understand why she didnt vote for j.  that would have been the end of it with no revote needed.  i'm guessing she didnt want to put a target on her back.  kind of a cowardly "go along to get along" thing.

Emily is having to pivot to an "under the radar" strategy with no natural allies left other than Kaleb, which means demonstrating that she is willing to work with others.  It almost bit her in the ass, though.  Either she was confident that J would get at least one vote from someone else, that J would become the obvious target on a revote, or she didn't bother thinking about the contingencies if Kaleb won his shot in the dark. 

Regardless, the remaining Lulus live to fight another day.  Sometimes a bigger threat emerges after something like this, but obviously it is in Kaleb's best interest to find an advantage or win immunity for the foreseeable future. 

I still think Kaleb and Emily are getting favorable editing, but that episode certainly tested my faith.  

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

There's an 83% chance that she would be the lone non-Kaleb vote in that scenario, unnecessarily putting a HUGE target on her back.  There's no upside there, and I'm sure even Kaleb would tell her to write his name down in that scenario.  I know the edit tried to make it seem like it was Emily vs J in the revote, but the actual votes made it clear that J was the obvious next in line to go and there was no true danger to Emily.

23 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

There's an 83% chance that she would be the lone non-Kaleb vote in that scenario, unnecessarily putting a HUGE target on her back.  There's no upside there, and I'm sure even Kaleb would tell her to write his name down in that scenario.  I know the edit tried to make it seem like it was Emily vs J in the revote, but the actual votes made it clear that J was the obvious next in line to go and there was no true danger to Emily.

With 13 people voting, how are they going to know it's her?  Seems pretty easy to just deny it.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/2/2023 at 4:33 PM, idigTexas said:

Emily is having to pivot to an "under the radar" strategy with no natural allies left other than Kaleb, which means demonstrating that she is willing to work with others.  It almost bit her in the ass, though.  Either she was confident that J would get at least one vote from someone else, that J would become the obvious target on a revote, or she didn't bother thinking about the contingencies if Kaleb won his shot in the dark. 

Regardless, the remaining Lulus live to fight another day.  Sometimes a bigger threat emerges after something like this, but obviously it is in Kaleb's best interest to find an advantage or win immunity for the foreseeable future. 

I still think Kaleb and Emily are getting favorable editing, but that episode certainly tested my faith.  

yeah, i get all that.  but what would it take, what was her mindset, to write down the name of the only ally in the game you have?  that must have been unnerving, unless there were some conversations edited out.   

6 hours ago, WBT said:

With 13 people voting, how are they going to know it's her?  Seems pretty easy to just deny it.

Pretty good point.  Hell, Sifu hasn't figured out who voted for him among just 3.  I guess she just figured it was a done deal, and why upset the apple cart.  You'd have to really be thinking 5 steps ahead to make sense of voting alternately.  

14 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

yeah, i get all that.  but what would it take, what was her mindset, to write down the name of the only ally in the game you have?  that must have been unnerving, unless there were some conversations edited out.   

Her mindset, as it has always been, was "what is best for my game."  Emily is very analytical and strategic, and is always playing the game.  Her problem is that she tends to play her game out loud, though she is starting to reign that in a bit.  

I really thought Kaleb was going to be in it for a bit longer.  At least he made the jury. 

They made it look like telling Katurah about Bruce's idol is what turned her to the other side, but I think that was editing bullshit.  She would have been crazy to be willing to go to rocks if she could easily avoid it by voting out Kaleb. 

One Lulu left.  

6 hours ago, idigTexas said:

I really thought Kaleb was going to be in it for a bit longer.  At least he made the jury. 

They made it look like telling Katurah about Bruce's idol is what turned her to the other side, but I think that was editing bullshit.  She would have been crazy to be willing to go to rocks if she could easily avoid it by voting out Kaleb. 

One Lulu left.  

telling katurah about bruces idol backfired on kaleb.  he thought it would be some bonding experience and show honesty and trustworthiness, but she quickly realized how many people her part of letting bruce get the idol to begin with and keeping her out of it.  all she got out of that is the opposite of honesty and trustworthiness.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

telling katurah about bruces idol backfired on kaleb.  he thought it would be some bonding experience and show honesty and trustworthiness, but she quickly realized how many people her part of letting bruce get the idol to begin with and keeping her out of it.  all she got out of that is the opposite of honesty and trustworthiness.

Yes, I think that was Kaleb's intent, and we were led by the editing to believe that it might work, but I don't believe for a second that Katurah ever had any intention of going through with it.  Willingly going to rocks when you have the power to avoid it would be colossally stupid.  I'm not a fan of Katurah, but I don't think she is that dumb.    

The auction is an all time favorite and I liked the twist of everyone finding different amounts of money, and the highest holder at the end losing the vote.

What a blindside. She might have been edited this way but she came across as arrogant in her position. Bruce winning immunity really changed the course. I wanted the Boston dude to go.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

drew and bruce are running the show.  it's theirs to lose at this point.

Bruce isn't running anything.  He has good awareness, and is doing well winning advantages, but the only votes he is steering is when others let him.  Drew, Emily, and Dee are playing winning games, with Austin and Julie in positions to make moves. 

Bruce will go as far as his advantages take him.  People can win doing that, but it's the more difficult path.  He may have to become a "take them to the end because they can't win" person to save himself at some point, but I don't think that is his game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Bruce isn't running anything.  He has good awareness, and is doing well winning advantages, but the only votes he is steering is when others let him.  Drew, Emily, and Dee are playing winning games, with Austin and Julie in positions to make moves. 

Bruce will go as far as his advantages take him.  People can win doing that, but it's the more difficult path.  He may have to become a "take them to the end because they can't win" person to save himself at some point, but I don't think that is his game.

i get that, but hes winning in the sense that nobody likes him, they all want to vote him out, but he's still there.  they all know he has an idol, want to flush it out, but never do.   the girls should have stayed loyal to their alliance.  have no idea what advantage they think it is to them to keep boston jake and give up kellie.  dumb move.