2023 AL/NLDS Thread

Helobious

7 hours ago, Pimphand said:

That their RGV super fan is the ultimate jinx and that they wish he would curse another franchise.

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

That’s true, I totally jinxed the rangers when I started pulling for them. What’s their playoff record now, 5-0? 

The curse is that they are doomed to be eliminated by the Astros.

If you had just left them alone, they would have been swept by the Rays and free to begin their offseason of woulda coulda shouldas. But no.......you had to jinx them. Now they have their hopes up, thinking they have a chance to beat the big bad Astros and get to the World Series. From now until Sunday, they are going to be clearing the shelves of all the Ranger gear they can buy, or getting old stuff out of the back of the closet. When they see each other they will start chanting, "We want Houston!"

Then they will get what they asked for, and get it deep.

All because you jinxed them.

40 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Imagine you’re trying to win a baseball game but Donovan Solano is your starting first baseman.

Imagine trying to win a postseason game in ‘23.  I bet you’d trade an $18 Amazon chain to make it happen.  

Edited by Trey3216

8 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Imagine trying to win a postseason game in ‘23.  I bet you’d trade an $18 Amazon chain to make it happen.  

No one gives a shit this year. Postseason ratings are the lowest they’ve ever been. Uninteresting teams everywhere. I don’t care.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

No one gives a shit this year. Postseason ratings are the lowest they’ve ever been. Uninteresting teams everywhere. I don’t care.

You know what’s not interesting??  Watching Giancarlo make $270k/game and only play in 70 games or so every year.   And even more uninteresting, but equally fun, watching Yankees fans bitch and moan about ratings when there’s actual, enjoyable baseball being played but they and their fans are sitting around holding their dick.  That’s the chef’s kiss