NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

11 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

the mavs are getting gafford and washington?  i like that a lot for them.

Solid moves for Dallas. I'm assuming they are just giving up second round picks for Gafford? He's a young guy on a reasonable contract. I'm not sure what motivation the Wiz have to dump him, but then again I can't understand what that front office is doing half the time, anyway.  I would like to see what protections they have on the first round pick to Charlotte. Signing Grant Williams this offseason cost them an unprotected first round swap to the Spurs way down the road, so that's basically two FRP for Washington, who is also on a reasonable deal for two more years.

While I still don't like the Kyrie move and the Brunson screwup would make me physically ill if I were a Mavs fan, Dallas has done some really solid roster building over the last year without having much cap or picks to work with. 

42 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Solid moves for Dallas. I'm assuming they are just giving up second round picks for Gafford? He's a young guy on a reasonable contract. I'm not sure what motivation the Wiz have to dump him, but then again I can't understand what that front office is doing half the time, anyway.  I would like to see what protections they have on the first round pick to Charlotte. Signing Grant Williams this offseason cost them an unprotected first round swap to the Spurs way down the road, so that's basically two FRP for Washington, who is also on a reasonable deal for two more years.

While I still don't like the Kyrie move and the Brunson screwup would make me physically ill if I were a Mavs fan, Dallas has done some really solid roster building over the last year without having much cap or picks to work with. 

37 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

replacing jrue holiday with pat bev; bold move cotton.

Top that off with the fact that Dame and Pat Bev dont vibe.   More importantly, I've always disliked Cam Payne but giving him to a team that you more than likely have to face in the playoffs for a vastly over-rated Pat Bev is a dumb move

The Knicks seem like they have a pretty deep roster now. It is great for the NBA that the Knicks are both good and have a group of guys that are likeable as well. Jalen Brunson is just a force of nature and gosh his leadership qualities are incredible. Absolutely the perfect point guard for Thibodeaux.

27 minutes ago, d2o said:

Well, that's as clear as mud. What is Dallas giving up for that first round pick that gets routed via OKC to Washington? Or does OKC just have so many picks that they are giving them out to other teams as charity?

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Well, that's as clear as mud. What is Dallas giving up for that first round pick that gets routed via OKC to Washington? Or does OKC just have so many picks that their giving them out to other teams as charity?

LOL, I'm a little confused by it too but I dont think OKC is actually involved in the trade.   Its a pick that OKC traded at one point........I think 

12 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Well, that's as clear as mud. What is Dallas giving up for that first round pick that gets routed via OKC to Washington? Or does OKC just have so many picks that they are giving them out to other teams as charity?

Here ya go.....

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, d2o said:

Here ya go.....

Thank you. Seems like a pretty lame deal for OKC to take a flyer on a Dallas swap in a few years, but what the hell were they going to do with 3 FRP in this cruddy draft, anyway? You are going to see more and more of these types of deals from them going forward. They can't possibly use all the picks they have so they will keep kicking them down the road for whatever they can get. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Thank you. Seems like a pretty lame deal for OKC to take a flyer on a Dallas swap in a few years, but what the hell were they going to do with 3 FRP in this cruddy draft, anyway? You are going to see more and more of these types of deals from them going forward. They can't possibly use all the picks they have so they will keep kicking them down the road for whatever they can get. 
It's a brilliant move by OKC. They're trading their worst 1st rounder this summer for the option to swap picks with Dallas in 2028. If Dallas continues on this trajectory and loses Luka that's probably a top 3 pick.

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It's a brilliant move by OKC. They're trading their worst 1st rounder this summer for the option to swap picks with Dallas in 2028. If Dallas continues on this trajectory and loses Luka that's probably a top 3 pick.

I don't know about brilliant, but it's certainly a solid gamble, especially because they have so many picks. You just never know 1) what else they could have gotten for the pick this summer, and 2) there is always the possibility that Dallas has a better record than them when the swap happens so they end up getting zilch for it.  It certainly looks like OKC is going to be a force for about the next decade, but fortunes can change quickly in the NBA. An injury here. A star not wanting to live in Oklahoma there. Shit can go south in a hurry.

I don't know about brilliant, but it's certainly a solid gamble, especially because they have so many picks. You just never know 1) what else they could have gotten for the pick this summer, and 2) there is always the possibility that Dallas has a better record than them when the swap happens so they end up getting zilch for it.  It certainly looks like OKC is going to be a force for about the next decade, but fortunes can change quickly in the NBA. An injury here. A star not wanting to live in Oklahoma there. Shit can go south in a hurry.
True there's always the risk of the unknown but they've just made a very low risk bet (their worst 1st rounder in a weak draft class where they have two additional higher picks) on a decent chance at a high ceiling outcome.

The Sixers are running out their G-league lineup.

“Mo, Embiid is out. This is your chance to shine. Capella is out for the Hawks, so you should have a field day!”

“Thanks coach! Let’s play my song to get me hyped!”

3 hours later…

“Hey coach, how did I do?”

“16 minutes, 3 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, 3 blocks. Only 2 fouls. Maybe your best game ever!”

“Thanks coach, play my song so I can celebrate!”
  • Like 1

“Mo, Embiid is out. This is your chance to shine. Capella is out for the Hawks, so you should have a field day!”

“Thanks coach! Let’s play my song to get me hyped!”

3 hours later…

“Hey coach, how did I do?”

“16 minutes, 3 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, 3 blocks. Only 2 fouls. Maybe your best game ever!”

“Thanks coach, play my song so I can celebrate!”

Mo taking a much needed load management day. No sense in pushing it when Embiid is out.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:
IMG_8387.thumb.jpeg.16e53d5eac6b8c009069db5dd107abfa.jpeg

He's not wrong

Bullshit. I think Draymond is a fucking douchebag and I look forward to the day he's not in the NBA anymore but he has done absolutely nothing worth of a mention since his suspension. Nurkic tried to get in Green's head, failed, and then whined like a child afterwards.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Bullshit. I think Draymond is a fucking douchebag and I look forward to the day he's not in the NBA anymore but he has done absolutely nothing worth of a mention since his suspension. Nurkic tried to get in Green's head, failed, and then whined like a child afterwards.

All of this. I expect Draymond will do something stupid and reckless again sooner or later, but Nurkic's comments were purely because he got punked by him on the basketball court after some trash talking. He's a loser. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I saw green shoulder check nurk exiting to the bench in the 1Q. Not that I’m losing sleep over a shoulder check but that dudes gonna blow up. He’s a time bomb. GS is winning so he’s not blowing up, doesn’t mean it can’t happen in the next 3 months of the season.

Green mouthing off to KD at the end was icing. Green isn’t gonna change despite a month off or however long he was away.

13 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

The part I'm agreeing with is that Dray doesn't deserve all the extra chances he gets.  He's a piece of shit and should have gotten a 40 game suspension after he hit Nurk in the head.

Fuck Draymond Green. This video perfectly encapsulates his bitchass nature. He loooooves picking on the Nurkics of the world. The very second it's a person who he knows can fuck him up he's got NOTHING to say. No antics. The guy is bitch made and only picks on those weaker than he is. He wants nothing to do with an altercation with a dude like Isaiah Stewart.

And it just blows the whole notion of him being "crazy" out of the water. If he truly was crazy he wouldnt care. But the fact that hes so calculated about who he chooses to pick on and when....he knows damn well what he's doing.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Phoenix is ahead of you in the standings, Nurkic has had a better season than you, and you needed Steph to bail you out at the buzzer at home against them. 

That's why he doesn't like playing without Steph on the court.  Dray is the bully who can't back up shit on his own.