NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

21 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

That Asian that sits courtside at lakers games for the last 25 years hasn’t moved since shaq and Kobe

She’s pretty awesome. I believe her name is Yori Saneyoshi. She has two bodyguards and the only time I have ever seen her show emotion was Kobe’s last game. I think it’s great how she is such a die-hard fan yet never tries to draw any attention to herself. What a cool deal to get to see all those world class basketball players for decades now from the best seat in the house.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

This is rich coming from Udoka. I am no LeBron defender, but a clown fraud of a coach, one who is a sexual predator going back to his Spurs days no less, calling anyone that is high comedy. Of course LeBron isn’t going to attack a coach. His name isn’t Draymond Green. If he wanted to he could beat him to a pulp, but he’s a grown-up and is there to play, not physically destroy a coach who absolutely deserves a beatdown. What an absolute joke of a human being to even try to play the macho tough guy when the face of the league tells you using that word isn’t cool.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

So how many of you put money on Chet to win Rookie of the Year?  Cause if things keep going the way they are, I think he's gonna beat Wemby for it. 

It’s not like Wemby has been a slouch. If the Spurs win a couple of games here and there, he’s right back on top.

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

This is rich coming from Udoka. I am no LeBron defender, but a clown fraud of a coach, one who is a sexual predator going back to his Spurs days no less, calling anyone that is high comedy. Of course LeBron isn’t going to attack a coach. His name isn’t Draymond Green. If he wanted to he could beat him to a pulp, but he’s a grown-up and is there to play, not physically destroy a coach who absolutely deserves a beatdown. What an absolute joke of a human being to even try to play the macho tough guy when the face of the league tells you using that word isn’t cool.

My man, Ime Udoka can fight. From our very own Gabe Muoneke.

THE IME UDOKA STORY

It’s a trip when you get to know people. Ime was so quiet and I figured he was just some guy who could play with a Nigerian father. Well, folks in S.A., don’t be fooled. That dude in an Afr-I-CAN! I mean damn! The only thing non-African about him is his accent. We went to Nigeria, man… When they brought out the food I figured uh oh… He aint eatin’ th… What the?! Ime was tearing that Fu-fu (thank Jay-Z for everyone knowing what that is now) to shreads. I asked him about his adornment of the vittles. He said that’s all he ate growing up. Imagine my surprise when I saw he must have grown up doing the African ju-jitsu too.

When the National Team went to Algeria for the African Championships in Algiers, every team was on edge because the Top 3 squads got the invite to the World Championships. So after we lost to Angola in the semis and had to play Algeria for the third spot, they knew, we knew, everyone knew they had no shot. First quarter… Tactics. African ball, man. Trust me: as corrupt as can be. Despite all the cheating from the three-man (North African) refereeing crew they just couldn’t beat us. So the coach sent in their best player, who was injured but came in with a purpose. I think his name was Ali Bidane or something. We had the ball out of bounce under. He guarded me. As the ref handed us the ball, he turned, looked at me as if there was not a game going on. And pop! Not an elbow, not even a signature yours truly gutter. He decked me right in the jaw. I couldn’t believe it. And come on. I freely admit when I throw cheap shots. I wouldn’t hide it if I started to. I mean, I’m in the middle of basically middle eastern country playing the local team. I know better (read on to see my contradiction). He nailed me, we turned it over, and yes, my Rodman 101 class did well. I looked up court, saw both refs back and calmly asked him in by most polite French, “Pardon me sir, I object to you striking me.” Next thing you know… Both teams on the court going at it. Wow.

Imagine my surprise! (My cheeks hurt). That wasn’t the real brawl. After we won was the real issue. After the game, they were waiting for us to come out of the locker room. And seriously, I didn’t start it. Kingsley Ogwudire was in front of our team in an all-out tirade in his best Arabic. The next thing you know, there were three Algerian players on him. Everyone was engaged in combat save me, if you can believe it. And lo and ehold… Ime! He was taking people out like in Mortal Kombat. Finish him! Incredible. I was so out of it as I had five guys I was fighting (oh yeah, the crowd jumped in as the fight spilled over to the court of the championship game of Senegal and Angola).

In the middle of the whole thing I heard Ime, literally in mid-swing of another opponent say,”Watch back, Gabe” and he calmly, I mean calmly, smeared a guy who, as I turned to see his warning, jumped from the stands with a chair to probably kill me or knock me out to where the crowd would have. I mean, Ime caught the guy in mid air with a fist and calmly continued his dispacthing of oncoming people. He and other guys (yes, me too) were whoopin’ so many people the crowd backed up. True to the letter! But Ime had the most notches by far. As we retreated to the locker room to kind chants of, “You cudly blackies! We highly doubt your ability to leave this gym with lives intact” in French, (it might have been a bad translation) all I could do was marvel at Ime. This guy, I thought, was a quiet American guy was standing there – all his stuff gone (gym bag, wallet, shoes, jersey) – with a stick in his hand we tore off the walls of the locker room in the middle of North Africa quite literally with our lives on the line… laughing. All the while I was texting my wife that I loved her and might have a hard time seeing her again while she was watching the whole incident on BBC News. And Ime… laughing. He is and always will be my 9ja broda. Ime… Wetin happen bros? Abi na notin. Notin dey happen. To this day I don’t know how we got out of there. But that night we ate like kings at the Nigerian Embassy. And Ime was with us… Killing his Fu-fu.

Edited by Kermit
  • Like 1

Udoka is not a fighter. Unless it involves sexually assaulting women. He is nothing more than an attention-seeking bully. Bullies always feel the need to mouth off. Udoka is nothing more than that. This bully gets to hide behind being a coach which keeps normal human beings like LeBron and every other NBA player from punting him straight into the sun. They are grown men who value their jobs and taking care of their families, unlike that gutless clown. Udoka is a cowardly middle aged man with anger issues. He should be sitting either in jail or a psych ward right now. He should not be on an NBA sideline.

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

So how many of you put money on Chet to win Rookie of the Year?  Cause if things keep going the way they are, I think he's gonna beat Wemby for it. 

Chet had the 2nd best odds. Not exactly a dark horse. Looks like he's getting the best odds right now just slightly. 

Udoka is not a fighter. Unless it involves sexually assaulting women. He is nothing more than an attention-seeking bully. Bullies always feel the need to mouth off. Udoka is nothing more than that. This bully gets to hide behind being a coach which keeps normal human beings like LeBron and every other NBA player from punting him straight into the sun. They are grown men who value their jobs and taking care of their families, unlike that gutless clown. Udoka is a cowardly middle aged man with anger issues. He should be sitting either in jail or a psych ward right now. He should not be on an NBA sideline.

Damn. Sorry he fucked your wife.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Kermit said:

Did he sexually assault a woman? I mean, he slept with a team employee in a consensual relationship. Was it against team rules? Yes. Sexual assault is a little strong. Also, Lebron’s a fucking pussy. 

He definitely was sexually harassing someone iirc. Either way bad look for Udoka to be trash talking one of the greatest players ever and getting himself tossed from the game. I don't think it looks very good for coaches to be doing that. I understand he's a tough hard nosed guy or whatever but he needs to coach his team and not worry about what the other team is saying to the refs.

25 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

He definitely was sexually harassing someone iirc. Either way bad look for Udoka to be trash talking one of the greatest players ever and getting himself tossed from the game. I don't think it looks very good for coaches to be doing that. I understand he's a tough hard nosed guy or whatever but he needs to coach his team and not worry about what the other team is saying to the refs.

I don't think that is accurate. He had a consensual, inappropriate relationship with someone in Boston who was married to someone who mattered. . As far as I know, Ime never sexually harassed or assaulted anyone. I do have it on pretty good authority that he is a fucking dog and will fuck anything that moves, but I don't think he's ever crossed those other lines. At least, not in any sort of way that has been made public.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't think that is accurate. He had a consensual, inappropriate relationship with someone in Boston who was married to someone who mattered. . As far as I know, Ime never sexually harassed or assaulted anyone. I do have it on pretty good authority that he is a fucking dog and will fuck anything that moves, but I don't think he's ever crossed those other lines. At least, not in any sort of way that has been made public.

Ah. I kinda thought it sounded like the relationship happened, it was consensual, then she broke it off and he wouldn't leave her alone. So not sexual harassment, but bugging out on some chick that was over him.

30 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

No Mitch. He's a serial predator and he should be locked behind bars. 

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I do have it on pretty good authority that he is a fucking dog and will fuck anything that moves, but I don't think he's ever crossed those other lines. At least, not in any sort of way that has been made public.

Yeah, I tried to think of another word than "predator" to describe someone who will fuck anything that moves, even in the workplace where he holds a position of power and influence. But then I got lazy and gave up. "Deviant" maybe?

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, I tried to think of another word than "predator" to describe someone who will fuck anything that moves, even in the workplace where he holds a position of power and influence. But then I got lazy and gave up. "Deviant" maybe?

I would have been a sexual deviant, but no one would fuck me. Another of life’s wasted opportunities.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I would go with "man whore" or "living his best life."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Cheating with a side piece is now sexual assault. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Cheating with a side piece is now sexual assault. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

To be somewhat fair, there were some reports that made him out to be an overly aggressive pursuer of the woman after she cut things off.    I've always kinda suspected that was just Celtic spin to try and save face for the woman involved, her husband (who was a very ranking member of the org according to reports), the actions taken by the Celtic org and to shine a negatively effect Udoka's future employment opportunities.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

So much anger. I feel bad for you and anyone else that conveniently forgets he harassed the woman for a lengthy period after she said it was done. This is exactly the kind of awful human being that is not only not used to being told no, but also has massive anger issues. LeBron told him to chill with the B word, but he decided to take the bully tactic of getting attention. If he’s such a ruthless fighter I’m sure we’d hear stories of him hunting LeBron when they are not in an NBA arena. We don’t because he’s a bully and nothing more. He’s Draymond Green in coaching attire.

If you believe this is his first rodeo with trying to bully a woman who told him to kick rocks, well, that’s on you for having your head in the sand. Men like this are absolutely sexual predators who go from woman to woman looking for someone that is vulnerable and easy prey for them.

10 hours ago, d2o said:

To be somewhat fair, there were some reports that made him out to be an overly aggressive pursuer of the woman after she cut things off.    I've always kinda suspected that was just Celtic spin to try and save face for the woman involved, her husband (who was a very ranking member of the org according to reports), the actions taken by the Celtic org and to shine a negatively effect Udoka's future employment opportunities.

None of that is sexual assault. Dude is off his rocker.

Anyways, this Phoenix/Laker game is pretty good, lots of back and forth. Lebron and KD are both going off.

• Hook 'Em 2

Imagine losing the final and $500k on some shit like that. 
Not great for the NBA trying to sell this single-elim tournament. 

They’ve all made at least 50K.

Pacers Bucks Pelicans and lakers have made 150K

Winner of their games make 200K

Winner wins 500K

Don’t think I’ll have much empathy for those who didn’t make it past the quarter finals. Considering most make ~62K a game on a 5million dollar contract. Yea that’s bar napkin math.

Even giannis, who’ll earn well over a half a billion in his career, said it best post game last night after winning “ we get money? Ohh the rich get richer”. 500K to some of these guys probably translates to 5 bucks to most of us
  • Like 1

It wouldn't be the NBA if the refs weren't trying to help the Lakers.

Gotta fill the Las Vegas arena with some noise. I guess Phoenix is just as far away from Vegas as LA is and suppose there’s a decent Sun fan base in LV. Milwaukee and Indiana will probably barely have any fans. Suppose Giannisstans. Will be interesting to see what it looks like

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Gotta fill the Las Vegas arena with some noise. I guess Phoenix is just as far away from Vegas as LA is and suppose there’s a decent Sun fan base in LV. Milwaukee and Indiana will probably barely have any fans. Suppose Giannisstans. Will be interesting to see what it looks like

It's none of that, it's just your standard Laker ref ball they get almost every game.  I hate seeing it even when my team isn't involved.

I dont know about  the  rest of you guys, but this in-season tournament has completely changed the way I basically dont watch the NBA until after football and college hoops is over. Two things going on simultaneously that I don't really give a shit about. Its exhilarating. 

21 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Arena will be filled mostly by bettors than by fans. 

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

Arena will be filled mostly by bettors than by fans. 

I would also think random international tourists that want a chance to see an NBA game, especially if they have kids that are fans of any of the players there. As I am sure you are well aware, that happens often here with higher profile teams playing the Knicks or Nets. Plenty of people on vacation from around the world with money to burn will pay to see these games in Vegas.

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

It's none of that, it's just your standard Laker ref ball they get almost every game.  I hate seeing it even when my team isn't involved.

The Lakers play a physical style where they slow the game down and it gets them more calls more often than not. Nothing out of the ordinary about that. If the Lakers always get the calls then I want an explanation for most of the decade before 2020 when they were a bottom feeder.

We are well past the point in the popularity of the NBA to where the Lakers do not have to be good in order for the league to rake in money. When they go back to being a lottery-bound team once LeBron retires I am pretty sure the league and the officials won’t be trying to help them be good again.

The Lakers play a physical style where they slow the game down and it gets them more calls more often than not. Nothing out of the ordinary about that. If the Lakers always get the calls then I want an explanation for most of the decade before 2020 when they were a bottom feeder.

We are well past the point in the popularity of the NBA to where the Lakers do not have to be good in order for the league to rake in money. When they go back to being a lottery-bound team once LeBron retires I am pretty sure the league and the officials won’t be trying to help them be good again.
Sounds like you're a Laker fan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
29 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Sounds like you're a Laker fan

Well, yeah! 

I still have never bought referee or league conspiracies to help the Lakers or any other team. If there was a ref conspiracy help LA win games I guess the league didn’t get the memo for the West Finals last year. It’s like listening to people think the Ewing lottery was rigged for the Knicks. It’s counterproductive for the league to prop up teams, especially now.

Well, yeah! 

I still have never bought referee or league conspiracies to help the Lakers or any other team. If there was a ref conspiracy help LA win games I guess the league didn’t get the memo for the West Finals last year. It’s like listening to people think the Ewing lottery was rigged for the Knicks. It’s counterproductive for the league to prop up teams, especially now.
If there's one thing as certain as the sun coming up in the morning, it's Laker fan swearing they get no more breaks from the refs than anyone else.

Just now, Chewbacca said:
12 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:
Well, yeah! 

If there's one thing as certain as the sun coming up in the morning, it's Laker fan swearing they get no more breaks from the refs than anyone else.

I think your certainty on this is misplaced. If you are saying the Lakers get all the breaks then teams only beat them when the league office lets them or the league wants another team to win. It’s absolutely nonsensical thinking. It just sounds like a fan looking into something that isn’t there. Kinda like conspiracy theorists and their myriad of government coverups. 

If anyone wants to complain that the Suns got the shaft how about pointing the angst at Durant having to be overworked because the 3rd member of his trio has played in a grand total of THREE out of their 21 games so far. Where is that fan at who talked about Beal being back on here only for him to hit the shelf again before a week passed? If the Suns want to do better then don’t trade for a broken down guy on the Gilbert Arenas or John Wall plan.

And again I will ask where was the NBA at for the West Finals last year? Why didn’t Adam Silver make sure the Lakers made the finals? If you are going to partake in conspiratorial thinking that is usually only available on that website for brain damaged people called abovetopsecret.com then show your work completely. 

And again I will ask where was the NBA at for the West Finals last year? Why didn’t Adam Silver make sure the Lakers made the finals? If you are going to partake in conspiratorial thinking that is usually only available on that website for brain damaged people called abovetopsecret.com then show your work completely. 
There was a 5-7 minute stretch of ref ball in every game. It just wasn't enough for the LeBrons to pull it out.

I remember LeBrons letter to the NBA in the bubble where he complained about not getting enough fouls called on him. In the WCF against the Nuggets, he got every call.

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

There was a 5-7 minute stretch of ref ball in every game. It just wasn't enough for the LeBrons to pull it out.

I remember LeBrons letter to the NBA in the bubble where he complained about not getting enough fouls called on him. In the WCF against the Nuggets, he got every call.

Well apparently he didn’t get every call because they got swept right out the building and you still aren’t showing your work here. Making vague references to now “5-7 minutes of ref ball” instead of the whole game is showing you don’t have anything. This is I guess a humorous version of a conspiracy unlike the 45 fans and their not fun conspiracy. I will never understand how people become conspiracy theorists over the absolute silliest things that do not matter in the slightest. All I can gather from this is it seems the mind always wants to just find blame for something besides their group or team losing so as to make themselves feel better. 

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

That was when the Warriors were the darling of the NBA and got all the calls for about 5 years. It shifts around based on who is the most beneficial to the league, and whatever team is playing against Chris Paul.