Houston Astros off-season thread

Wulaw Horn

Where is that from?  One reason I’m not more perturbed about front office departures is that a list like that should get a few people fired, even with prospect trades and draft pick forfeiture.  

Top prospect is a low ceiling 2nd division regular and everyone else is either a lottery ticket or low ceiling.  

2 hours ago, LCHorn said:

Where is that from?  One reason I’m not more perturbed about front office departures is that a list like that should get a few people fired, even with prospect trades and draft pick forfeiture.  

Top prospect is a low ceiling 2nd division regular and everyone else is either a lottery ticket or low ceiling.  

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The cupboard is bare ….

IMG_7515.jpeg

That list reflects 8 straight years of being a deadline buyer combined with picking late and losing 4 top draft picks as a penalty for sign stealing.  The front office has done a great job in context.  If you wanna pick nits you can cast blame on their eval/development of top international bonus signees (Leon, Nova, Lorenzo) but their drafts have been very good considering what they were working with.

• Hook 'Em 2

Damn, some of y'all could complain about Altuve only getting 4 hits in a game and not 5.  

WTF is Espada supposed to say?  They have actively been trying to trade Meyers for a while now.  They have to talk up his potential, of which much more than Myles Straw still exists.   

Damn, some of y'all could complain about Altuve only getting 4 hits in a game and not 5.  

WTF is Espada supposed to say?  They have actively been trying to trade Meyers for a while now.  They have to talk up his potential, of which much more than Myles Straw still exists.   

14 hours ago, Scraps said:

Thats yalls manager...just sayin

Not my guy. I mean- I don't hate the idea and I suspect he's probably not a moron- but I'd have hired someone that had done this before that I was positive wasn't a moron, so at this point it's guessing and conjecture.

One little thing to say- he might mean it's down to Jake and Chas as in- is Jake good enough to play a lot of center and shift Chas over to left when Yordan doesn't play in the OF (which I'd believe would be the majority of the time), or does chas need to play CF every day and figure something else out.  
But, probably not. That would be the most hopeful reading of it.