2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

Brilliant defense on that inbound play

Rule is if it will hit the rim it’s interference, even if it’s obviously going to hit and bounce out?
Yes, if it's in the cylinder, extended all the way to the ceiling, no one can touch it

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why you gotta be like that?  I just think it should have been on the floor and 2 shots. 

You probably also think when guys take 3 or 4 steps on the way to the basket they should be called for traveling....amateur.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

You probably also think when guys take 3 or 4 steps on the way to the basket they should be called for traveling....amateur.  

Yeah there was a pass to dj jones where he took like 5 steps and one dribble on his way to a contested layup. 

Lively is probably even more important. Brunson was a capable number 2 but we didn’t have a Lively. 
Can't believe that version of JB was our #2 and we made it to the WCF.

Nico, I don't want to hear Josh Green is untouchable.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Lively is probably even more important. Brunson was a capable number 2 but we didn’t have a Lively. 

agree that Brunson became a damn good player but he is much more ball dominant than Kyrie in my opinion.  I'd probably still take Kyrie in must make situation and he plays off of Luka better.

yes, Lively/Gafford/DJJ are great around the rim

Edited by dcar00

2 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

The Mavs shot 24% from 3 and won…

If I were Minnesota, I would be pretty concerned about that. 

Had the same reaction. We were outplayed most of the game and it didn’t matter. 

Depth is going to factor in at some point and the Wolves having only Reid, Anderson, and Alexander-Walker rotating in may make the series. Getting Maxi back would be a huge boon.

9 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

The Mavs shot 24% from 3 and won…

If I were Minnesota, I would be pretty concerned about that. 

Yep. The role players and bench won’t have a nothing burger (outside of Gafford and Lively) again. My thoughts:

- THJ - when your on the court, get shots off. Otherwise you won’t be on court long. 
- Josh Green somehow played worse. 
- The Lively / Gafford comparison on this board is nuts. Gafford is a considerably better offensive player than Lively. He is not as good as Lively defensively. We must have them both and Gafford was excellent last night in the second half. 
- If we can get some more help, I can see us winning in 5 or 6. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

The Lively / Gafford comparison on this board is nuts. Gafford is a considerably better offensive player than Lively. He is not as good as Lively defensively. We must have them both and Gafford was excellent last night in the second half. 

Bro we can’t help you if you haven’t moved beyond the eye test and fg% to evaluate how effective a player is on the court. 

Lively’s net rating so far in the playoffs is +16. Gafford’s is -10.3. 

Since I know you have no idea what net rating means I’ll paste the definition here for you:

Net rating is the offensive rating minus the defensive rating, but simply put it can be defined as how much better or worse the team is when a specific player is on the court. These ratings are usually on a per X possessions basis. Using possessions rather than minutes eliminates the effects of a team that plays very fast or very slow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

Yep. The role players and bench won’t have a nothing burger (outside of Gafford and Lively) again. My thoughts:

- THJ - when your on the court, get shots off. Otherwise you won’t be on court long. 
- Josh Green somehow played worse. 
- The Lively / Gafford comparison on this board is nuts. Gafford is a considerably better offensive player than Lively. He is not as good as Lively defensively. We must have them both and Gafford was excellent last night in the second half. 
- If we can get some more help, I can see us winning in 5 or 6. 

uh, no.    and "you're"