2023-24 Houston Rockets Thread - Climbing out of the Gutter?

BigOrange1

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Landale can play some. Adams is a playoffs enforcer, but not much else.  Do they need 3 centers + Amen outathleting bigs? I would have waited out a salary cap strapped contender and dealt Oladipo’s expiring deal for a late first round lotto ticket. 

He's doing the same thing he did last year with Phoenix. Their staring big got hurt and he started getting run and played well, it's why the Rockets gave him that contract. Two years in a row, the starter goes down and Landale starts to ball. Rockets have a lot of decent pieces, they need to figure out the rotation so that they optimize them all.

59 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Landale can play some. Adams is a playoffs enforcer, but not much else.  Do they need 3 centers + Amen outathleting bigs? I would have waited out a salary cap strapped contender and dealt Oladipo’s expiring deal for a late first round lotto ticket. 

I think you’re underestimating Steven Adam’s.  

Posted (edited)

Lakers and Warriors both playing at home tonight against teams with a better record (Sixers and Pacers, respectively). Could move within two losses of one or both of them….

Edited by Ignatius

4 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Lakers and Warriors both playing at home tonight against teams with a better record (Sixers and Pacers, respectively). Could move within two losses of one or both of them….

lakers won, but the warriors lost.

At what point do we conclude that Jalen Green isn’t just “on a roll” but that maybe he’s in the process of taking his game to the next level? Yeah he’s done a lot of this against shitty teams but he hasn’t looked like this previously against good or shitty teams…

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

At what point do we conclude that Jalen Green isn’t just “on a roll” but that maybe he’s in the process of taking his game to the next level? Yeah he’s done a lot of this against shitty teams but he hasn’t looked like this previously against good or shitty teams…

3rd year leap is happening. Exciting as hell. 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Ignatius said:

You won’t know it’s real until HtownHorn comes around. So maybe never. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

golden state play @ minnesota and the lakers host the pacers tonight.  if the warriors lose they'll only be one game ahead of the rockets.  

I thought the Warriors were doing a good job of mixing young talent with their vets to keep their window somewhat open. I didn’t see them as a 10 seed.

The Lakers are old too, but Rich Paul was able to force bad trades on other teams to keep them relevant. 

I hope the Rockets can make it in. Them seem more deserving and not clinging to past glories. 

Bizarre rotations tonight brought on by  foul trouble and Jabari’s suspensions. 

If that chucker Tate takes another 3, I’ll drive down to Toyota Center and help them clean out his locker. I just grimace when he gets significant minutes. 

Uncle Jeff can still score, but he’s a turnstile on defense. They should let him walk.

Holiday is a JAG. I guess Amen is the PG of the future, but I think a capable veteran back up is a need.

Landale looks like an impact player if they’re only asking 15 minutes a game from him. 

Is FVV hurt? He just looks timid stepping into his shot. 

31 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Rockets catch a break with SGA out tonight.   Keep it rollin'!

oh that's awesome!  did not catch a break last night with the warriors and lakers both winning so getting this win tonight would be very nice.

• Hook 'Em 1

The refs from the aggy/UH game have made an appearance tonight against the Thunder. Horribly officiated game so far. Jock was kneed in the head while he was down on the floor — no call. Battling through it and we are up 28-17 after the first.

• Hook 'Em 1