2023-24 Houston Rockets Thread - Climbing out of the Gutter?

BigOrange1

4 hours ago, Rip76 said:

Honest question.

Do you mess with this lineup?

This season? No.

Do I bring back Sengun and figure out how to play him with Jalen, Jabari, and Amen? Absolutely. I think Amen and Sengun already play well together, and I think Jalen and Anen play well together. Figure out how to make them a Big 3. Mix in Brooks, Tariq, and Jabari and the 1st six are long, athletic, and unselfish  And that's without FVV (who I really like as a coach on the floor, but his defense never jumps out to me.)

Caveat: I haven't been to or seen a game since Alp went down. I don't quite know how they're playing. I know they're winning and Green seems to be leading the way as a scorer  again.

I know what some of the lineups looked like in games earlier this year, and there is a lineup of death that can get buckets real fast. If seems like that's what is rolling out more now when I look at the box.

• Hook 'Em 1

I listened to about 30 minutes of the Bill Simmons podcast with Ryan Russillo from Monday. He spent about 30 minutes talking the Rockets, Green, and Ime. Turned it off when Simmons and Russillo tried to talk themselves into an Alpi trade. 

They did make some fair points.

- When Green is on, he looks like late 90’s Kobe. 

- Teams would rather wait out the rookie deal and be wrong than trade away a future all pro.

- With the cap going up there’s really no such thing as a bad free agent contract. Cited FVV and Brooks’ deals. 

- With the Nets picks, current young pieces, and their cap situation the Rockets are in outstanding shape. Pointed out that the Harden deal is just starting to pay off.