Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

The conferences are roughly equivalent. Sagarin has the Big 12 third behind the Pac-12 at 2nd, but the ratings are essentially a tie at 78.28 and 78.18. Massey has the Big 12 2nd and the Pac-12 third, but again the ratings are almost a dead tie at 7.85 and 7.84. 

The PAC-12 got a ton of credit for “impressive” wins against Texas Tech, Baylor, Michigan State, Florida and Wisconsin in out of conference… Which all ended up being mediocre to terrible teams lol.

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Damn, yall really got held to 0 offensive TDs versus ASU and needed a ref bailout? lol

Did we win? Also I don’t really agree with a ref bailout. You referring to the block? Also ASU cursed us 30 years ago somehow and we always play like shit against them. So fucking frustrating but we won.

Edited by JLake
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

The PAC-12 got a ton of credit for “impressive” wins against Texas Tech, Baylor, Michigan State, Florida and Wisconsin in out of conference… Which all ended up being mediocre to terrible teams lol.

Those ratings take the whole season into account I assume so kind of a moot point.

• Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

lol he was ripping his jersey 

I don’t think it was that flagrant and ref calls and no calls are kind of part of the game in college football, especially PAC 12. We got fucked on plenty of bad calls this year but overcame because that is what mature teams who know how to win do. I am sure you guys both benefited and got hurt from questionable calls as well. 

• Fuck You 4

Just now, JLake said:

I don’t think it was that flagrant and ref calls and no calls are kind of part of the game in college football, especially PAC 12. We got fucked on plenty of bad calls this year but overcame because that is what mature teams who know how to win do. I am sure you guys both benefited and got hurt from questionable calls as well. 

It isnt about any of that man. All I was saying is that it took a miracle to beat a shitty 1-5 ASU team. If you dont bring your A++ game against Texas, you will be staring down the barrel of a blowout. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Dont forget Bama

How about we beat y’all last year and beat everyone since. Longest win streak in the country. It’s a stronger argument than talking about the point differential in the TT games between you and Oregon.

• Fuck You 3

15 minutes ago, JLake said:

I got it but I don’t care about close victories in college football and you all shouldn’t either. Beauty contests are for losers like Oregon. Just win the fucking games you play and eventually you are the national champs.

Unless you are FSU of course but that topic is worn the fuck out.

It's pretty amusing your giving me fan lessons on:060501_young_vmed_2p.thumb.jpg.de3664d0728939bea26374a84a42299d.jpg college football national championships.

I'm done here.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Haha 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It isnt about any of that man. All I was saying is that it took a miracle to beat a shitty 1-5 ASU team. If you dont bring your A++ game against Texas, you will be staring down the barrel of a blowout. 

That is like me taking your shittiest most injured performance of the season and saying that is how you will play in the CFP. We would blow you out as well. More likely we will see the best versions of each team and will be a great game.

• Fuck You 3

Just now, JLake said:

How about we beat y’all last year and beat everyone since. Longest win streak in the country. It’s a stronger argument than talking about the point differential in the TT games between you and Oregon.

Last year's Texas would get boatraced by this year's Texas. You have no idea what is coming for y'all. Your cute little one score wins over subpar PAC teams wont mean shit when we punch you in the mouth and the 80% pro Texas Sugar bowl crowd is going wild and your Penix shrivels ups.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, JLake said:

You beat a completely different team. I really don't understand why you keep harping on that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Last year's Texas would get boatraced by this year's Texas. You have no idea what is coming for y'all. Your cute little one score wins over subpar PAC teams wont mean shit when we punch you in the mouth and the 80% pro Texas Sugar bowl crowd is going wild and your Penix shrivels ups.

They would also get boat raced by this years UW team. Better running back, better o line, better secondary. Not to mention another year of development for the best passing game in the country. 

• Fuck You 6

Just now, JLake said:

They would also get boat raced by this years UW team. Better running back, better o line, better secondary. Not to mention another year of development for the best passing game in the country. 

Easy to have the best passing offense when you play the worst pass defenses in the country lol

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Zuerst said:

Is this dude really holding on to a win LAST year?  The same one where 2 of our NFL backs did not play due to unwarranted injury risks?

Brooks played in the Alamo Bowl btw. You just didn’t notice because we held him to 3 yards a carry. 

also not holding on. Just one reason to be optimistic. You all pretend like Huskies didn’t get better as well

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

122nd is an improvement?

Yes it is. We played a Heisman finalist QB twice and the prior Heisman winner this year. Our starting safeties were out half the year as well. I classify our pass defense as serviceable. Not saying it’s great. Definitely our biggest weakness like it is yours 

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, JLake said:

Brooks played in the Alamo Bowl btw. You just didn’t notice because we held him to 3 yards a carry. 

also not holding on. Just one reason to be optimistic. You all pretend like Huskies didn’t get better as well

Brooks had a sports hernia that game.and was limited. More importantly, we actually didn't know much about him. Bijan made our rushing attack that year, our oline was pretty bad most of the year at run blocking. 

Again, the team isn't really similar at all. We didn't have a true #2 receiver. Our #1 receiver had a broken hand and dropped two touch downs. We didn't have our best defender and had to play his terrible backup. Ewers was on game 6 after 2 years of not really playing football, completing under 60% of his passes for the year (he is over 70% this year).

This year, our 2nd leading receiver by yards and first by TDs is new. Our linebacker that is second on the team in tackles is new. Our running backs are new. Our freshman/Sophomore oline is massively improved. Last year you beat a bad team without 3 of its best players. It has shit to do with this year. 

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Brooks had a sports hernia that game.and was limited. More importantly, we actually didn't know much about him. Bijan made our rushing attack that year, our oline was pretty bad most of the year at run blocking. 

Again, the team isn't really similar at all. We didn't have a true #2 receiver. Our #1 receiver had a broken hand and dropped two touch downs. We didn't have our best defender and had to play his terrible backup. Ewers was on game 6 after 2 years of not really playing football, completing under 60% of his passes for the year (he is over 70% this year).

This year, our 2nd leading receiver by yards and first by TDs is new. Our linebacker that is second on the team in tackles is new. Our running backs are new. Our freshman/Sophomore oline is massively improved. Last year you beat a bad team without 3 of its best players. It has shit to do with this year. 

No doubt you guys improved. So to recap we both got new RBs and expect better play from both. Both have improved lines. Your D Line improved more than ours but our OL improved more than yours and we added a freshman all American at center. Your QB and improved and you upped your WR core but both are not at our level. We both have suspect to serviceable secondaries and we both have good LBs with an elite player in each unit. So just roughly here is a breakdown.

QB: Washington

RB: even

TE: Texas

WR: Washington

OL: Washington

DL: Texas

LB: even 

secondary: even

pretty even matchup with the killer being our QB, OL, and receivers being the best combo in the country. The only position group you far and away win is the interior DL. But remember our OL is really really good so Sweat and Murphy wont be quite as dominant as you think. I genuinely think people have such a preconceived notion about our team that they forget our OL. Watch the last Oregon game to see it in action.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

I usually buy close loss arguments as examples of parity but do you guys really think TCU or Houston is anywhere near your caliber just because they played you close? I sure as shit don’t think ASU or WSU is close to us. College Football is fucking wacky
For Houston we were playing with a backup QB who liked to throw to opposing DB's and it took Quinn a couple games to get back to form after his injury. Not excuses, just reality. But sure, keep thinking we're the same team as last year's Alamo bowl, hope your coaches and players feel the same way

14 minutes ago, JLake said:

No doubt you guys improved. So to recap we both got new RBs and expect better play from both. Both have improved lines. Your D Line improved more than ours but our OL improved more than yours and we added a freshman all American at center. Your QB and improved and you upped your WR core but both are not at our level. We both have suspect to serviceable secondaries and we both have good LBs with an elite player in each unit. So just roughly here is a breakdown.

pretty even matchup with the killer being our QB, OL, and receivers being the best combo in the country. The only position group you far and away win is the interior DL. But remember our OL is really really good so Sweat and Murphy wont be quite as dominant as you think. I genuinely think people have such a preconceived notion about our team that they forget our OL. Watch the last Oregon game to see it in action.

I watched both games and was very impressed.  I expect that version of UW.  
But in the last 2 games we have ass raped a couple of defenses generally equivalent to yours.  One would think that would give you pause.

An injured Brooks who we weren't sure would play much, but I like the way you think..hope it carries over to UW coaches and players.

1 minute ago, nbmishoid said:

I watched both games and was very impressed.  I expect that version of UW.  
But in the last 2 games we have ass raped a couple of defenses generally equivalent to yours.  One would think that would give you pause.

We both don’t know till we play. What is especially fun this year is I think every team has a chance or argument that they will win it all. That has never yet been the case in the CFP. I still remember the faint hope I had getting trampled by Bo Scarborough and Alabama mid way through the 2nd quarter of when we played them in 2016. This year is different. January 1 can’t come soon enough!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 3

13 minutes ago, JLake said:

Now, you're talking sense. Sure, we have a few adolescent bravado blowhards on this board, but all we've seen thus far from your side are a bunch of overconfident pricks invading this site, downplaying any shot that Texas might have based solely off of your win last year.

I can't keep you guys straight, but you came across as being part of that category when you were shitting all over Texas's strength of schedule earlier this evening, only to be shown that yours was arguably worse based off of two of the main stats keepers of CFB.

Most over here have been predicting a really good, closely matched game. Any of us who've visited the Hardcore Huskies site have only seen a bunch of trollish try-hards talking like pre-teen tits talking shit.

So, you'll forgive the forgive the skeptical nature of our more reactionary, and admittedly defensive, posters.

It should be a good one.

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I dunno man. Last year's Texas, 49-0. Some of us have waited decades for anything like that..

1 hour ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, JLake said:

An injured Brooks who we weren't sure would play much, but I like the way you think..hope it carries over to UW coaches and players.

This time last year we were saying that Brooks sucked after seeing him for the first time against Washington.   

15 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

The team UW beat in the Alamo Bowl last year was starting… Keilan Robinson at RB… And had Casey Cain (lol) as it’s leading receiver… Both were ~3rd/4th stringers this year with Casey hitting the portal because he couldn’t get on the field…

Also, Worthy dropped some key easy passes due to his broken hand in the Alamo Bowl. If thats the only impression Washington has of Worthy, they'll be in for a surprise on January 1st.

2 hours ago, JLake said:

fucking LOL

I cant wait for this guy to come back in two weeks and say "refs gifted it", "Never calling holding on Texas", "PASS INTERFERENCE", "That's targeting", "blown call"

He will have some dumbass excuse of why Washington lost. He will blame it on refs, or weather, or anything else. He won't admit Texas is just the better team, even after the win. Texas is going to win this game by multiple scores because Stone Cold Says so. I look forward to never seeing JLake in January 

• Haha 3

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic