Texas @ Marquette- Wednesday, 7pm on FS1

shadow_operative

I've said this before, but Shaka Smart is basketball Jeff Fisher.

He's good with the media, so they like him, so they tout him as a good coach.  And he's got that one deep postseason run.  But he's otherwise been a below average coach for an entire career.  Yet the myth that he's a good coach persists, because the people whose job it is to look at the numbers and be analytical give him a pass, because they just like him so much.

Edited by TexArcher

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Abilene Christian

I don’t think this Shaka team would lose to them. But I agree with what was said earlier. He’s been very successful ant Marquette and he was successful before he came to Texas. But his time at Texas was mediocre at best.

Edited by BigTEAMLittleme
  • Like 1

Yikes. This was an unholy ass-kicking. Because Disu is out and the early foul trouble on Hunter and Shedrick, I'll reserve from making any far-reaching conclusions, but this defense is a concern. Can't keep anyone in front of them and take off for every ball fake.

It's early yet. Hope better things are to come.

• Haha 1

He's proven he can assemble talent.  They are top to bottom way more talented than us.   And most of his Texas teams were pretty talented.  He's just not a good offensive coach.  His crutch with this team is that white kid.  He doesn't really need to do anything with that kid on the floor.  

• Hook 'Em 2

It was pretty obvious we got forced into Terry.  Terry's resume is/was basically meh, IMO but one game doesn't mean much.  get Disu back and see what he can do this year.  maybe he will surprise us.  

I believe CDC will be ready if needed.  Basketball should be one of the easier sports to turn around in a year or 2.

• Hook 'Em 5