Rivalries: who do you hate the most?

TexArcher

Rivalries: who do you hate the most?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Rivalries: who do you hate the most?

• ou sucks
    • The god damned sooners
    • I don't understand the question

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

OU - I hate them but have some respect for them. Always the biggest game of the year, no matter who is on our OOC schedule. 

aggy - don't hate them. I can't hate what I don't respect at all. They are just the annoying, backwoods hick little brother who is desperate to try and convince everyone they are better than us.

Arky - No real feelings towards them. I am 39 so the storied rivalry was before my time. By the time I started getting older, Arky had moved to the SEC and we rarely played them.. The 2003-2004 games were intense, though. Fuck Matt Jones.

... and Houston Nutt.

OU is a bigger rivalry, but I hate aggy so much more.

OU is (usually) a worthy opponent.

aggy just brings shame to the great state of Texas.

edit to add: I reserve the right to rekindle my pig hate after we begin playing them regularly again.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

aggy is the embarrassing relative who shows up to family reunions and holiday gatherings immediately talking about themselves as soon as the door opens.

Bloviating about their new car, new house (never how much in debt they are because of them), how important their work is, how proud they are of their cross-eyed, lice-haired, booger-eating kids and on and on.

All while being oblivious to the fact the rest of the family is rolling its eyes, getting up to get a refill and going outside to shoot the shit with less insane relatives.

So aggy just talks louder spews their incoherent bleating to whomever in the room will "listen." 

It's not hate.

It's scorn and contempt at the recognition of their endlessly doltish behavior.

It's embarrassment that they "have a seat" at the same table as the sane adults in the room.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

aggy is the embarrassing relative who shows up to family reunions and holiday gatherings immediately talking about themselves as soon as the door opens.

Bloviating about their new car, new house (never how much in debt they are because of them), how important their work is, how proud they are of their cross-eyed, lice-haired, booger-eating kids and on and on.

All while being oblivious to the fact the rest of the family is rolling its eyes, getting up to get a refill and going outside to shoot the shit with less insane relatives.

So aggy just talks louder spews their incoherent bleating to whomever in the room will "listen." 

It's not hate.

It's scorn and contempt at the recognition of their endlessly doltish behavior.

It's embarrassment that they "have a seat" at the same table as the sane adults in the room.

Wow. I see you. This is all so true.

Clapping Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Sounds like you live in a pretty crappy part of town.  

well we are moving to the SEC and a hood with a bunch of mouth breathers. I mean we do have the nicest house on the block but let's just say I'm not opening up our house for the neighborhood xmas party anytime soon.

• Haha 2

Every sooner co-worker I’ve ever had was a down to earth person who was fun to party with, you just didn’t want to run into them on gameday. To be fair, they didn’t want to run into me on gameday.

Every fucking aggie I’ve run into in all walks of life is fucking aggy. I worry more about playing OU and if I had to win one game a year it would be them, but I hate aggy more if that makes sense. The fact those chucklefucks are Texans makes it even worse…

• Hook 'Em 4

Who do I hate the most?

I guess religion

Baptist- Baylor

Catholics- Notre Dame

Methodist- SMU

Christians- Tie between Abilene Christian and Texas Christian 

Jewish- Yeshiva University? Or Whatever college Bernie Kosar went to oh yes Miami still mad about sitting in the 91 cotton bowl freezing my ass off. I don’t think my feet ever recovered 

Ou. I have respect for them. Aggy no respect. Back in the day when it was OU and Aggy in the same year I didn’t care about the Aggy game. But OU I counted the days down.

It will be interesting to see this thread in 20 years though. Will the hate between arkie come back? Or a new hate with either lsu or bama? Should be fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

This game will always be a trap game. Hog fans are essentially rabies infested hillbillies when it comes to Texas. Their hate for Texas keeps them warm at night. They also never lose - they are masters of well you are Texas of course you should crush us, and if they pull off the upset damn they will talk shit, you’re Texas and you play soft ass pussy football. It’s maddening. So you don’t go out and have fun playing Arky. You crush them as fast as you can and you GTFO.  We will fuck around and find out if Sark isn’t a student of history 

You are writing historically. Their fandom is the entire state as it’s the only big program, same for LSU, OU, mizzou. But in the past decade or so as all of these schools have expanded academic facilities in they all now have huge percentages of Texas students recruited with cheap instate tuition grants, scholarship money, nice campuses and easier travel. A lot of our friends with college kids in DFW have them at Arkansas, OU, OSU, Ole Miss, Mizzou, etc. it will be interesting how it changes family get togethers in coming years. (Arkansas is 30% Texas students)

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

You are writing historically. Their fandom is the entire state as it’s the only big program, same for LSU, OU, mizzou. But in the past decade or so as all of these schools have expanded academic facilities in they all now have huge percentages of Texas students recruited with cheap instate tuition grants, scholarship money, nice campuses and easier travel. A lot of our friends with college kids in DFW have them at Arkansas, OU, OSU, Ole Miss, Mizzou, etc. it will be interesting how it changes family get togethers in coming years. (Arkansas is 30% Texas students)

Texans enrolled in Arkansas is a minority population, plus Arkansas has a ton of tshirt fans and decades of grads that aren’t Texan. I’ve got family up there the old Rivalry will rekindle and the hate at least from them will be real.

16 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Most of those Texans will desperately want their adopted school to beat our ass. A lot of them probably got rejected by UT and want to see us beaten down blah blah. We know how that goes.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/11/2023 at 2:52 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Ou fans are toothless yokels who like to fuck their sisters, but they at least have a grip on reality.

aggy are a bunch of delusional sheep-fuckers with a litany of ridiculous traditions and have never accomplished shit.

Have to admit I puffed my chest out a bit after reading this.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Our whole "rivalry" with A&M is nothing more than a bunch of country boys that are jealous of the big state brand. That mentality drives everything they do. It's their very existence. It plays all the way down to the personal level, where jackasses from Houston act country because they went to A&M, and somehow culturally separate themselves from the people they grew up with. People just lose their minds at that place, because its very core and reason for being is pure resentment of another group. 

Then we look back at them in their hatred and are just like fuck off weirdos. And that's about as far as Ive always felt the rivalry went for us.