Rivalries: who do you hate the most?

TexArcher

Rivalries: who do you hate the most?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Rivalries: who do you hate the most?

• ou sucks
    • The god damned sooners
    • I don't understand the question

Hate is a legacy thing.  Yes OUSUXS is an immediate and persistent hate, but we also have long term legacy hate and the Irish and the Pigs are legacy hate.  Aggy is our embarrassing sheep fucking cousins and we have that, but OUSUXS is in our face and there is real anger.  But I have hated the Irish since I was a child.

Definitely OUsux.
And anyone picking otherwise is the real Longhorn fraud. Aggy is a “rival” for many of the reasons listed herein but when I think of “rival” in their case it is not in what some might consider a turditional sense. In my view our  “rivalry” with them falls more into the nuisance category.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, bullet said:

When I was in school it was

Land thieves

Pig

7-11 thieves

A&M

The pooooor aggys had been bad for so long, they weren't in the top 3.  At least Cougar High was competitive.

Okay, I have to ask:  7-11 thieves references who, exactly?  I have no recollection of ever hearing that in reference to another school.  Apologies in advance for the ignorance and thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion.

1 hour ago, Domedriver said:

Hate is a legacy thing.  Yes OUSUXS is an immediate and persistent hate, but we also have long term legacy hate and the Irish and the Pigs are legacy hate.  Aggy is our embarrassing sheep fucking cousins and we have that, but OUSUXS is in our face and there is real anger.  But I have hated the Irish since I was a child.

we-dont-want-the-irish.gif.7b67c3df74c70a23c93aed1535b51b07.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Nah, weird and annoying?  Sure.  
but I have a few aggie friends.  

don’t have any meth smoking trailer park trash friends, not even my brothers in-laws.  Land thieves can all fuck right off. 

Exactly.  I have aggy cousins.

I don't know any sooners, and I'm not going to.  There's one at work, but I've never spoken to her dumb ass.

1 hour ago, ScottS said:

Okay, I have to ask:  7-11 thieves references who, exactly?  I have no recollection of ever hearing that in reference to another school.  Apologies in advance for the ignorance and thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion.

Cougar High.  In Houston, when a 7-11 gets robbed you never know if it was a Cougar High grad doing the robbing or manning the cash register.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Most of the teams I hate aren’t rivalries. They’re just assholes.

My oldest hates: PennState/Joe Fucking Paterno. From 1969. His constant whining about the Shootout. Why did Roone Arledge pick Arkansas and Texas? Because he liked Daryl Royal and Frank Broyles who wanted to do something fucking big. He knew Paterno would be a fucking pain in the ass. Or maybe it was my naive 9 year old self subconsciously knowing he was a kid fucker enabler.

Notre Dame. Just go fuck yourself. Fuck Rudy. Ara parseghian. The pope. The gipper.

Aggie. No need to rehash. Whoop. Yer ass.

Baylor. Grant Taeff was a dirty coach that taught his players to play dirty. He always sent out a hunter to take out the great kickers of the SWC. Erxleben. Steve Little. There was a long list of great kickers and fucking Grant Taeff tried to break all of their legs.

General non specific hate.

Ohio State
Michigan
USC
Missouri
Oregon
Auburn

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Macanudo said:

We're in their school song (The Aggie War Hymn).   Their not in ours.   

Do you know why?  Because they're jealous of us.  We're Varsity.   That makes them the JV.

Dude...  The fight song mentions them - close enough.

Texas Fight, Texas Fight,
And it’s goodbye to A&M.
And we’ll put over one more win.
For it’s Texas that we love best.
Hail, Hail, The gang’s all here,
And it’s good-bye to all the rest! (YELL)
Yea Orange! Yea White!
Yea Longhorns! Fight! Fight! Fight!
Texas Fight! Texas Fight,
Yea Texas Fight!
Texas Fight! Texas Fight,
Yea Texas Fight!

Edited by dec3169

17 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Cougar High.  In Houston, when a 7-11 gets robbed you never know if it was a Cougar High grad doing the robbing or manning the cash register.

Thanks.  Can't believe I have never heard that slang for UH, especially since I grew up in the Houston area.

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Anyone who attended UT in the late 80s or otherwise had to endure the relentless shit talk during the brief period aggy dominated us will say they hate aggy the most.

You could be talking about anything, your mother's cancer, and an aggy would walk up and whoop or scoreboard ro some kinda shit.

This.

Also, when I was in school (mid to late 80s), it seemed like all the olds wanted to make Arkansas a huge thing and it just wasn't.

And OU was huge up to 1986 but then we were both shitty for a few years while Gadere was beating them.

No. As much as I hate to say it, aggy was it back then. We won just once from 1984 to 1995. Terrible time to be an undergrad. Most of ou can't even imagine this world.

16 hours ago, Deej said:

I hate OU, but have a modicum of respect for them.

I hate aggy and have zero respect for them.

Same here. I hate OU, but it's clean old fashioned hate. I have a few friends that attended OU and are from Oklahoma that are living here in Texas now. They hate us as well, but are respectful because as one of my coworkers puts it, "Texas is OU's greatest asset and vice versa." Plus, they're fun to play in all sports and don't throw a temper tantrum like aggy. One thing that we have in common with OU is both of our hatred for aggy. 

12 hours ago, Domedriver said:

Texas hate for ND is two fold - historic big game losses and the fight over the limelight especially with a consistently overrated Irish team. I find those that hate them the most either are old enough to remember those battles or they were properly educated in the lore of Texas football. I’m the latter but the hate my folks had for ND has been passed down. A rival though? Absolutely not. Hate though? Tops.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Most of the teams I hate aren’t rivalries. They’re just assholes.

My oldest hates: PennState/Joe Fucking Paterno. From 1969. His constant whining about the Shootout. Why did Roone Arledge pick Arkansas and Texas? Because he liked Daryl Royal and Frank Broyles who wanted to do something fucking big. He knew Paterno would be a fucking pain in the ass. Or maybe it was my naive 9 year old self subconsciously knowing he was a kid fucker enabler.

Notre Dame. Just go fuck yourself. Fuck Rudy. Ara parseghian. The pope. The gipper.

Aggie. No need to rehash. Whoop. Yer ass.

Baylor. Grant Taeff was a dirty coach that taught his players to play dirty. He always sent out a hunter to take out the great kickers of the SWC. Erxleben. Steve Little. There was a long list of great kickers and fucking Grant Taeff tried to break all of their legs.

General non specific hate.

Ohio State
Michigan
USC
Missouri
Oregon
Auburn

This is a great list.

17 hours ago, Bevo Num1 said:

I feel like this is generational. 

13 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

My dad graduated in ‘70 and even he’s pretty “meh” about Arkansas at this point. 

9 hours ago, cochamps said:

It is, and you will learn.

This game will always be a trap game. Hog fans are essentially rabies infested hillbillies when it comes to Texas. Their hate for Texas keeps them warm at night. They also never lose - they are masters of well you are Texas of course you should crush us, and if they pull off the upset damn they will talk shit, you’re Texas and you play soft ass pussy football. It’s maddening. So you don’t go out and have fun playing Arky. You crush them as fast as you can and you GTFO.  We will fuck around and find out if Sark isn’t a student of history 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

My dad graduated in ‘70 and even he’s pretty “meh” about Arkansas at this point. 

Therein lies the problem.  It is a jihad for them, and our dumbass fans are casual.  This is the same thing we faced with Tech, Baylor, & TCU.  At least there is just one school like that now.

I wish every UT fan would go to Arky for one game.  I promise you would hate their fucking guts henceforth.

Edited by cochamps
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Therein lies the problem.  It is a jihad for them, and our dumbass fans are casual.  This is the same thing we faced with Tech, Baylor, & TCU.  At least there is just one school like that now.

I wish every UT fan would go to Arky for one game.  I promise you would hate their fucking guts henceforth.

True, true.  

But in recent years, there are a lot more Texas kids going to Arkansas.  I know the kids of three families in Austin, all raised as die-hard Longhorns, but didn't get in to UT.  They're going to Arkansas now, but I wonder how much hate they'll be able to muster against the team they rooted for their entire lives?

It'll be interesting to see if this new dynamic affects the moonshine-fueled fury of the jelly-selling hordes.

18 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Anybody who knows and understands A&M knows it is complicated. Sure they surround us and we see them every day. And sure they talk shit all the time.

But they also are really weird and disconnected from reality. So their trash talk is more perplexing than enraging. And they talk big and perform small.

That is not to say A&M has never caused us problems. They have. But OU is the perennial destroyer of UT seasons. The school that is always winning the championships we want (though not National Championships recently, choking losers). The school that is always standing in our way. The school that ESPN and the national media loves to torment us with.

So sure A&M is a rival and sure A&M is more of a constant feature in our daily lives, at least those of us who live in Texas. It isn't the same though.

Also A&M is our opponent in other very boring and unfun ways as well in politics and funding and really stupid ass shit. So yeah that can get really boring and tedious. Yeah! It is the guys we share the PUF with. How exciting.

Whereas OU is a pure sports rivalry. Which is actually fun and hating them is fun.

A&M is family... OU is a neighbor down the street... Arkansas is trailer trash across town.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

You're not sure if some guys can muster hate for a team they rooted for their entire life and didn't pick them when their time came? You don't think those boys from Austin want to say I told you so?

Maybe so,  but at least one of them I know personally, still wears UT gear when he's home in Austin.  They knew all along they didn't have the grades to get into Texas, it's not like it was some huge surprise

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Maybe so,  but at least one of them I know personally, still wears UT gear when he's home in Austin.  They knew all along they didn't have the grades to get into Texas, it's not like it was some huge surprise

I just find it bizarre that one would go out of state to Arkansas, that is a lot of money. Plenty of other Texas state schools to go to if you cannot get into UT Austin.

Edited by Valmy77

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

True, true.  

But in recent years, there are a lot more Texas kids going to Arkansas.  I know the kids of three families in Austin, all raised as die-hard Longhorns, but didn't get in to UT.  They're going to Arkansas now, but I wonder how much hate they'll be able to muster against the team they rooted for their entire lives?

It'll be interesting to see if this new dynamic affects the moonshine-fueled fury of the jelly-selling hordes.

The game two years ago tell us everything we need to know about "more Texas kids'.  It is still a fucking jihad.  Longhorn fans need to get a clue.

I just find it bizarre that one would go out of state to Arkansas, that is a lot of money. Plenty of other Texas state schools to go to if you cannot get into UT Austin.

Any B student from Texas go get a generous aid package from OU or LSU, Arkansas is likely the same.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Any B student from Texas go get a generous aid package from OU or LSU, Arkansas is likely the same.

Yup, Arkansas gives generous financial aid to Texas students.  So do Alabama and some other SEC schools.  Some Texas kids would rather go to a flagship in another state, than one of Texas' directional universities like Texas State, UTSA, or Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

OU - I hate them but have some respect for them. Always the biggest game of the year, no matter who is on our OOC schedule. 

aggy - don't hate them. I can't hate what I don't respect at all. They are just the annoying, backwoods hick little brother who is desperate to try and convince everyone they are better than us.

Arky - No real feelings towards them. I am 39 so the storied rivalry was before my time. By the time I started getting older, Arky had moved to the SEC and we rarely played them.. The 2003-2004 games were intense, though. Fuck Matt Jones.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Oh, I think I misunderstood you. You're talking about STUDENTS, right? Not scholarship athletes for the Arky FB team? Yeah that's different. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yup, Arkansas gives generous financial aid to Texas students.  So do Alabama and some other SEC schools.  Some Texas kids would rather go to a flagship in another state, than one of Texas' directional universities like Texas State, UTSA, or Texas A&M.

Yeah. Whether that’s wise when UTD and UH especially are considered equal or better schools than a lot of those flagships at this point and have their own strong aid packages for qualified students is a different topic, but it’s definitely a thing.

3 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Oh, I think I misunderstood you. You're talking about STUDENTS, right? Not scholarship athletes for the Arky FB team? Yeah that's different. 

Yup, I was thinking specifically of the ferocity of the fan base.  As the old lone-toothers selling jams and jellies along the roadside die off, and are replaced by younger folks, many of whom are actually from the state of Texas and might have grown up Longhorn fans, I'm wondering if the fan base will harbor as much hatred toward Texas, as they have in years past.  Sort of the 2%er effect but for pig instead of ag.

3 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

You have to admit though, beating aggy is fun as hell!

No. Beating aggy is a relief. It’s the expected result and any joy simply comes from knowing that as insufferable as they always are, they’d be worse if we lost. A win is simply another year of being the Dutch kid with a finger in the dike holding back an avalanche of suck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

OU>>>>aggy>>>>>>not really any others. Arkansas will occupy this spot again though I'd imagine it's more like Tech or Baylor. Hate to lose to them but they hate us more than they love themselves. An easy solution to the question of which rival is our biggest would be which one would you stomach beating the other? If aggy is playing OU, I'm fine with aggy winning. At least they're Texans. If Arkansas and aggy played, I'd prefer Arkansas win. OU losing furthers our interests a lot better than the others. OU is our chief rival and has stood in the way of many glorious seasons in the early 00s. They have handed us our most embarrassing losses. If I had one game you forced me to chose as the one to win of the 2 teams, it would be OU every time.