2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

16 hours ago, MrX said:

Scottie been aiming at and hitting postage stamps for 36 months. It’s an unreal run tee to green. 

This. He's been striping his woods and irons for awhile. His problem is that his putting has been spectacularly shittastic. The new putter seems to be the magic solution.

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It was great watching him win. But that t shot where he steps out of the swing could be trouble down the line. He used it all week and it was awesome, until it isn’t. 

His footwork’s been pretty wild for a long time now. The ball also sounds super weird off the face of his club. But it doesn’t matter when it flies right every time. 

18 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It was great watching him win. But that t shot where he steps out of the swing could be trouble down the line. He used it all week and it was awesome, until it isn’t. 

Rahm said it best.

"You can't teach that. No, it's unteachable. If you try, you'd probably end up hurting people," Rahm said after his third round at The Masters.

19 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

not looking to jinx Scottie - but I feel like that was is a great description for Jordan, it was so much fun watching him in 2015, looked like he could do it all, because he did. And then it just wasn't the same. Golf is a quirky game, swings come and go. Tiger was always changing his swing, coaches, equipment, and he still was top dog - until his body wore out.
Right now Scottie is the hottest thing in the game, but to be the best of the generation will take being able to do it year after year after year. I hope he can continue at this pace because the game is better when there are super stars.

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

the game is better when there are super stars.

Agreed. Not just big names to those who follow, but those few that can transcend the walls of the PGA and become household name type ambassadors. 

Tiger, obviously. 

Rory? Getting there. 

Scottie, on the tee with a hell of a shot down the fairway. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Haha dude on 18 hit his 2nd in the water then launched his club like 50 yards into the water

Maybe not 50, but pretty far. He was pissed

I saw that. Who was that?

It wasn't that bad of a shot. It was coming in low and hot. Hit the green, hard kick to the left, and kept going into the water.

Edited by crash_davis

37 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Haha dude on 18 hit his 2nd in the water then launched his club like 50 yards into the water

Sounds about right.

”Fuck you, golf!”

Next hole, stick it 6” from the pin…

”What’s the tee time next week?”

19 hours ago, ztejas said:

Man... course looks fucking amazing.

Has anyone ever been? (to the players - not sawgrass) Feel like this would be a fun tourney to go to.

I got here Tuesday for the concert, played golf on Wednesday with my uncle Deane (former commissioner) and will be on the course all 4 days. Tour staff passes and a Lexus tournament vehicle means we park in the players lot by the clubhouse. 18th green box access, from prime rib to Tito’s….. it’s all free. 

17 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

Hadwin. Saw it live, he was pissed. 

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1911.jpeg

IMG_1914.jpeg

IMG_1981.jpeg

IMG_1993.jpeg

IMG_1995.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

23 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Kuch is -4, after 3 holes....is that any good? 
So 50 alert - and if there is anyone I'm comfortable with jinxing it could be Kuch (paying his caddie $5k in Mexico when he won will kinda stick in one's memory)

just to finish this story - Kuch goes +6 for the next 15 holes for a +2 for the day
I just want to say you are welcome - I do take jinxing requests

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

I got here Tuesday for the concert, played golf on Wednesday with my uncle Deane (former commissioner) and will be on the course all 4 days. Tour staff passes and a Lexus tournament vehicle means we park in the players lot by the clubhouse. 18th green box access, from prime rib to Tito’s….. it’s all free. 

Sarcastic Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Hook 'Em 1

This place always looks awesome on TV but I've never enjoyed the course layout. It's all just target golf, every shot, no creativity. Watch one hole a few times and you can call what's going to happen.

It's the Pete Dye way, I guess. PGA West Stadium Course is the exact same (one of my least favorite courses I've played). 

4 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

This place always looks awesome on TV but I've never enjoyed the course layout. It's all just target golf, every shot, no creativity. Watch one hole a few times and you can call what's going to happen.

It's the Pete Dye way, I guess. PGA West Stadium Course is the exact same (one of my least favorite courses I've played). 

Definitely a funky layout. I picked Homa to win, feels like he does well with these types of courses.

8 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Beaman was a really good commissioner. It’s great that he still plays at the ripe old age of 85. How does he hit it?

Right down the middle every time. Automatic. He gave me a hell of a golf lesson for 2 hours. With Written notes. Then 9. Back is still a little sore. 

today was a good day. I hung out at the 18th tent as a home base and watched Scotty’s group come in on 17 and 18 then caught them coming back on two, I watched Scotty Chip in on three and then then play 4, Matsuyama group was before them and Clark was after, so great opportunities

I met them all coming home on eight and nine after I had some lunch - the buffet is five stars - and beers. Then chilled in the box drinking some Tito’s because it was hot. And then had early dinner with the commish. 

The merchandise is awesome, the players store is over 100 yards long or more. And then also, if you have a pass, you can get into the club house pro shop inside the clubhouse and buy all the goat branded Peter Millar clothes which is only on sale this weekend. I got to BS with Baddeley for a moment. I think I’m down at least 900 bucks.  

Tomorrow we do it all again. 

IMG_2003.jpeg

IMG_2013.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Love to watch clips of Lee - he was amazing, and the old caddie in me really like to see Herman Mitchell get some time on camera as well.

Loved hearing Lee Trevino’s stories/jokes growing up. I still think his best is after being on tour for a while and making decent money, he was mowing his suburban Dallas yard. It was “Dallas Hot” so he took off his shirt.

A big caddy pulls up and stops, rolls the window down, and asks “Sonny how much do you charge?” Which he replies, “I don’t know, but the lady inside lets me sleep with her!” Window gets rolled up as fast as possible and car takes off!

Lee Trevino at his finest!

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Loved hearing Lee Trevino’s stories/jokes growing up. I still think his best is after being on tour for a while and making decent money, he was mowing his suburban Dallas yard. It was “Dallas Hot” so he took off his shirt.

A big caddy pulls up and stops, rolls the window down, and asks “Sonny how much do you charge?” Which he replies, “I don’t know, but the lady inside lets me sleep with her!” Window gets rolled up as fast as possible and car takes off!

Lee Trevino at his finest!

Hook’em!!!

Pressure is playing for $5 a hole with only $2 in your pocket.

16 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

Right down the middle every time. Automatic. He gave me a hell of a golf lesson for 2 hours. With Written notes. Then 9. Back is still a little sore. 

today was a good day. I hung out at the 18th tent as a home base and watched Scotty’s group come in on 17 and 18 then caught them coming back on two, I watched Scotty Chip in on three and then then play 4, Matsuyama group was before them and Clark was after, so great opportunities

I met them all coming home on eight and nine after I had some lunch - the buffet is five stars - and beers. Then chilled in the box drinking some Tito’s because it was hot. And then had early dinner with the commish. 

The merchandise is awesome, the players store is over 100 yards long or more. And then also, if you have a pass, you can get into the club house pro shop inside the clubhouse and buy all the goat branded Peter Millar clothes which is only on sale this weekend. I got to BS with Baddeley for a moment. I think I’m down at least 900 bucks.  

Tomorrow we do it all again. 

IMG_2003.jpeg

IMG_2013.jpeg

That's awesome you can buy the goat logod stuff. I thought it was only available like at their member member or something like that. Pretty cool.