2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

Worst event of the entire season for the PGA tour - Zurich Team event, 2 man teams playing alternating shot and best ball (or as they call it in the Ryder Cup four-ball and foursomes). News flash for Jay and his money team, #NobodyCares

sidebet  - which set of brothers has the best finish
Fitzpatricks/Hojgaards/Coody's
also to Kuchar & Stricker get to play from the Sr tees

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Worst event of the entire season for the PGA tour - Zurich Team event, 2 man teams playing alternating shot and best ball (or as they call it in the Ryder Cup four-ball and foursomes). News flash for Jay and his money team, #NobodyCares

sidebet  - which set of brothers has the best finish
Fitzpatricks/Hojgaards/Coody's
also to Kuchar & Stricker get to play from the Sr tees

There are multiple events that should be axed from the tour. This tops the list. 

On 4/26/2024 at 11:11 AM, crash_davis said:

If people knew who this is, you'd be getting a ton of upvotes. I did not know she is a Longhorn fan. I like her even better!

Yeah, who is she?  Asking for a friend. 

12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Paying appearance fees is prohibited by the PGA. 

yep.  but i'm sure he was compensated through the PIP or equity payment he's about to get.  somehow, some way, Rory was given a little financial kiss to play New Orleans.  just too convenient that now Rory decides to play the team event when there aren't any of the real big names there.

and the whole broadcast, everybody was so effusive about how awesome New Orleans has been, how the hospitality is second to none, how Rory got a standing O at dinner last night.  they do want to try and pump some blood into this event.

this tourney could be really good if they could get the high profile guys there.  Jordan/JT, Scottie/Sam Burns, Hovland/Aberg, Rose/Fleetwood, Homa/Fowler, etc.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

this tourney could be really good if they could get the high profile guys there.  Jordan/JT, Scottie/Sam Burns, Hovland/Aberg, Rose/Fleetwood, Homa/Fowler, etc.

I agree it could be good. Even with the 2-player team approach. I don’t want it in other tournaments, but as a once-off novelty in a season is ok.

Unless you elevate it, or put it in a different spot in the rotation, it’s never going to be much more than it is, I think. Your top contenders just went a stretch of events, and they’re ready for a break.

Now go and move it to a week before a big event, and it might have a good chance at getting the big dogs to show up. Even if they treat it as live practice/warm-up/shake off the rust for the following week and don’t push quite as hard.

Oh, I’d also gladly have a night at a pub in Belfast with Rory and Shane. I’d say throw in Feherty, but last I knew he’s off the wagon and I respect that. Would he smoke a joint though? Ok then. Back deck with a joint (or edibles) instead.  That would have to be highly entertaining. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Now Rory is partying in the tent and singing Journey?  Something is going on.

So that's where the Spazmatics were this weekend...

Rory seems to be all in for the Ryder Cup. He changed his tone about LIV players and RC after Rahm defected. He may have taken this weekend as team practice for the RC. When the RC happens, I wouldn't doubt it if Lowry is his playing partner for most of it.

Jordan doing Jordan things 
(remember when that meant he made a 60+ footer, or chipped in a couple of times)
well today it means he is +1 so for and will need to go -3 or 4 for the rest of the round to make the cut.
this is where his fan club is these days; watching and hoping he makes the cut 

Go Jordan Go, birdie man birdie