2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

40 minutes ago, alincoln said:

DJ +3 through 6.  Has he practiced once since that LIV wire hit his account?

With the exception of Rahm, HV3, and maybe Cam Smith,  I can’t really say I miss any of those guys, and doing fine without them.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/13/2024 at 9:39 AM, Jive Turkey said:

Jordan went chasing distance and the rest of his game fell apart.  his best year was 2015.  5 wins, including the first two majors (plus T4 at the Open and second at the PGA).  he averaged 291.8 off the tee.

the next two seasons, he had 5 combined wins and was hitting drives a little over 295 yards.

then he wanted to get to 300 yards off the tee. which he has done, but his game has suffered.  it's not a coincidence.  fairways hit has gone down as he has gotten longer, which puts a strain on everything else.  and that exacerbates the headcase displays with Greller.

image.png.5b58a5da4c7dcd8d9c75068ad7fdea1c.png

https://www.statmuse.com/pga/ask/jordan-spieth-driving-distance-by-year

he became a head case 

he had a hell of run, but it was a fluke 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

no wind.  rough doesn't look very penal.  it rained there yesterday so greens are soft. 20 under might win this thing unless they let the greens dry up.

rain tomorrow and possibly saturday.  rory won in 2014 at -16, so i'd agree we'll see -20 at least.

3 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Xander running away with this already and other than Scottie, this morning wave feels like the stronger wave.

Also, how do I get a Super Stroke grip with the Longhorn logo on it like Jordan's?

it’s on Amazon 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

This is a boring course. 

I agree - other than it's length, it isn't showing much character.

6 and 7 are interesting to some extent, though bordering on gimmicky. Everything else feel cookie cutter especially with what appear to be receptive greens.

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I like the course, conditions are just too calm for it to have much resistance. And I don't care how low he went, I've seen Xander blow it too many times to believe in this.

Pfft. You're just saying that because he got smoked on Sunday 4 days ago.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

he became a head case 

100%, sure there are some physical ailments; but he needs a sports psychologist to give him a mantra or some big nothing to think about while he executes his shots. 

It was an awesome couple of years to watch him, though even since 2017 he has managed to get 7 top tens in majors (but that doesn't get much excitement going)

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

he became a head case 

He's always been a head case, at least on the surface for the viewing public - who knows what's going on internally. Regardless, he dominated every level of golf from juniors up until 2017. I'd hardly call that a fluke. A fluke is Danny Willet in 2016 in April.

51 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

100%, sure there are some physical ailments; but he needs a sports psychologist to give him a mantra or some big nothing to think about while he executes his shots. 

It was an awesome couple of years to watch him, though even since 2017 he has managed to get 7 top tens in majors (but that doesn't get much excitement going)

Maybe he needs to get divorced.

53 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

He's always been a head case, at least on the surface for the viewing public - who knows what's going on internally. Regardless, he dominated every level of golf from juniors up until 2017. I'd hardly call that a fluke. A fluke is Danny Willet in 2016 in April.

Did willet win 3 majors ?

spieth won 3 majors then woke up. If he can win one more major some point in his career, it was not a fluke type run 

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Did willet win 3 majors ?

spieth won 3 majors then woke up. If he can win one more major some point in his career, it was not a fluke type run 

Maybe we just have different definitions of fluke.

1 major and otherwise fairly non existent - fluke.

Dominating juniors, NCAA, and winning 3 majors within the first 4 (5?) years on the PGA - that's a long, strong, steady run of power.

If Scheffler falls off a cliff next year thru 2029, is the run he's been on since juniors to 2024 a fluke in your book?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Comparing the pga tour and the majors to jr golf and ncaa is laughable 

scheffler has two majors, same as Daly 

So yes you'd consider Scheffler a fluke? (in my hypothetical above)

Edited by dieucla98
for clarity

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Only players this week with multiple majors:

tiger 

phil

rory

spieth

shef 

Thomas 

Plus six more (by my count), but sure, good start.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Plus six more (by my count), but sure, good start.

I forgot about that liv fuck, and rahm

liv golf is too soft, on shitty courses. Hopefully we never see a liv golfer win a major 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1