2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

That's the last major Valhalla will ever see.  Craziest stat was that the field broke the record for total score relative to par at a PGA by over 250 strokes (-214 compared to +40 at Riviera in 1995).  Insane.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, alincoln said:

That's the last major Valhalla will ever see.  Craziest stat was that the field broke the record for total score relative to par at a PGA by over 250 strokes (-214 compared to +40 at Riviera in 1995).  Insane.

Great field, but playing a course as challenging as the Greater Greensboro Open (no slight meant to Greensboro) and that isn't going to cut it for a major championship. 
Bye Bye Louisville

6 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Great field, but playing a course as challenging as the Greater Greensboro Open (no slight meant to Greensboro) and that isn't going to cut it for a major championship. 
Bye Bye Louisville

Yeah... not a fan of a Major ever returning to Valhalla.

Bye Louisville

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

it was good to see -4 leading after one day. it's not a long course.  but it's narrow.  and the rough looks nice and thick from all the rain.

this is gonna be way more challenging than Valhalla.

Have you played there ?

On 5/24/2024 at 12:26 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Have you played there ?

Have not.  I don’t have a connection.  I’d love to get out there one of these days.

Grayson definitely had some demons in his past.  I’d hate to hear that he relapsed or this was self inflicted.

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

Have not.  I don’t have a connection.  I’d love to get out there one of these days.

Grayson definitely had some demons in his past.  I’d hate to hear that he relapsed or this was self inflicted.

• Like 2

I erroneously decided to read the comments. Got damn there are stupid fucking people on this planet.

I about lost it when some moron asked if he died because he got vaccinated. I hate people these days
  • Rage+1 3

From reading between the lines and speculation on the internet, he fell off the wagon a month ago. Supposedly his fiancee called off the wedding. Maybe the first led to the second which lead the today. 

But it's definitely suicide. Ricky's Instagram post alludes to it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, crash_davis said:

From reading between the lines and speculation on the internet, he fell off the wagon a month ago. Supposedly his fiancee called off the wedding. Maybe the first led to the second which lead the today. 

But it's definitely suicide. Ricky's Instagram post alludes to it.

sad sad sad 

go bury yourself in a pile of 10’s that hang around tour events. Then go get counseling 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

His demons were known, why didn’t he have a handler / babysitter with him 24/7 ?

We are talking about a society with a fundamental misunderstanding of addiction. One that is understanding and supportive only after it is too late and only for those left behind in tragedy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Unbelievably sad news.  My wife's nephew took his own life soon after he graduated from high school.  We are very close to my wife's sister and her sister's husband.  It may get easier, but it never gets easy.  Several years down the road you can still see the impact on their lives.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I just watched the Golf Channel opening on delay and man oh man that statement by his family brought me to tears.

I will just say if you are having issues and need some one to talk to please seek help.

There are plenty of options out there.

Hell, message me and I will try and help in anyway I can.

One of the things I remember my mom telling me was…

”Remember……suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem…”

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Coming up on a year since my nephew took his life at home. My sister and BIL are in the process of moving halfway across the country to get a fresh start.

As a recovered alcoholic, I've seen way too many people die by suicide. 3 in the last year.

Back to Golf, does Scottie win today and then hold his kid up to the crowd a la Lion King, and then in 20 years the kid starts winning tournaments?

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Unbelievably sad news.  My wife's nephew took his own life soon after he graduated from high school.  We are very close to my wife's sister and her sister's husband.  It may get easier, but it never gets easy.  Several years down the road you can still see the impact on their lives.

you’re a huge dork here, but damn you seem like the kind of uncle to call when in a bad spot / jam ?

sorry for your loss man 

33 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Coming up on a year since my nephew took his life at home. My sister and BIL are in the process of moving halfway across the country to get a fresh start.

As a recovered alcoholic, I've seen way too many people die by suicide. 3 in the last year.

Back to Golf, does Scottie win today and then hold his kid up to the crowd a la Lion King, and then in 20 years the kid starts winning tournaments?

you’re a huge dork here, but damn you seem like the kind of uncle to call when in a bad spot / jam ?

sorry for your loss man 

• Like 1