2023 Peach Bowl - Ole Miss vs. Penn State

satyanash

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

If the guys sitting out are their best players on D they were already in trouble.Ā  Unless I'm missing someone, Robinson, Dixon, and King are not exactly all-world players.

Chop is a top 5 pass rusher in the country and will be a 1st round pick, King will be a 2nd round pick. Dixon is good not great, donā€™t get him sitting. Carter is a sophomore and was having a great game before he got hurt.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

What a second? Franklin looked at his troubled offense and thought to himself that Kentucky's offense was the answer.Ā 

I meant Kansas. Iā€™m drunk.Ā 

4 minutes ago, heso said:

Chop is a top 5 pass rusher in the country and will be a 1st round pick

Perhaps, but he didn't have a great year.Ā  Only 15 tackles and 4 sacks.Ā  The point is that the way he's been playing this year, he's not a huge loss for this game.

Edited by DixonHur

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Perhaps, but he didn't have a great year.Ā  Only 15 tackles and 4 sacks.Ā  The point is that the way he's been playing this year, he's not a huge loss for this game.

Psu lead the country in sacks this season and got 1 today. He got double teamed constantly. He was absolutely a loss for this game.Ā 

The bigger problem in this game tho is having a CB making his first start covering Harris.Ā 

Other problem is Psu offense being complete garbage. Game was over in the 3rd when Psu couldnā€™t keep their defense off the field b

10 minutes ago, heso said:

Psu lead the country in sacks this season and got 1 today. He got double teamed constantly. He was absolutely a loss for this game.Ā 

The bigger problem in this game tho is having a CB making his first start covering Harris.Ā 

Other problem is Psu offense being complete garbage. Game was over in the 3rd when Psu couldnā€™t keep their defense off the field b

Agree to disagree.Ā  They could have had Micah Parsons playing today and it wouldn't have mattered.

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They hired the Kansas OC.

OK, that's much better, but not sure Drew Allar is much of a running threat, at least not if the shifty variety. Kansas' offense is essentially a new aged option offense with great passing concepts mixed in. I havent been impressed with Drew Allar all season. He was clearly a 5 star based on his physical traits and not on his ability to play QB.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

OK, that's much better, but not sure Drew Allar is much of a running threat, at least not if the shifty variety. Kansas' offense is essentially a new aged option offense with great passing concepts mixed in. I havent been impressed with Drew Allar all season. He was clearly a 5 star based on his physical traits and not on his ability to play QB.Ā 

Thatā€™s absolutely the case with Aller. He shows flashes of what he can do, but he mostly looked like the next Hackenberg this season.Ā 

Kotelnicki talks a lot about calling an offense based on the players he has rather than a system he wants to run. But idk what else he would say. Weā€™ll see how that goes next year.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

Did you not watch that abortion of a game last night?Ā  Who is worried about Mizzou?

Dude - most of their ā€œplaymakersā€ are back next year. Yes, we donā€™t play them in the regular season, but they really only have 2-3 ā€œbig gamesā€ on their 2024 schedule. They will be in the conversation for the 12 team playoffs.

Hookā€™em!!!

Dude - most of their ā€œplaymakersā€ are back next year. Yes, we donā€™t play them in the regular season, but they really only have 2-3 ā€œbig gamesā€ on their 2024 schedule. They will be in the conversation for the 12 team playoffs.

Hookā€™em!!!

Iā€™m sorry - meant to be in the Mizzou thread!

Couple beers earlier wouldā€™ve corrected my placement.

Hookā€™em!!!

13 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Hookā€™em!!!

Most of their "playmakers" played last night too...they had a good year, but they are not a good team.Ā  Not worried about them at all.

My stepdad, who died earlier in the year, was a Mizzou grad, and a close friend's daughter started there this year, so I was rooting for them, but as much as I want them to be good (as long as they are not playing Texas), they just aren't.

9 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Most of their "playmakers" played last night too...they had a good year, but they are not a good team.Ā  Not worried about them at all.

My stepdad, who died earlier in the year, was a Mizzou grad, and a close friend's daughter started there this year, so I was rooting for them, but as much as I want them to be good (as long as they are not playing Texas), they just aren't.

Itā€™s a return to their glory days of the Chase Daniels years. šŸ˜‚