2023 Orange Bowl - Florida State vs. Georgia

satyanash

2 minutes ago, troph said:

A lot of quit but the biggest issue is opt outs and shunning a 13-0 team. No one is interested in the “I told you we belonged” bowl.  Though I woulda tried to convince everyone to play and politic the fuck out of the coaches poll and claim a split title.

Anyway… this is coming down to major non-CFP bowls are gonna have to NIL players for appearances you watch. 

With 2 1-loss teams in the playoff, FSU was in a decent position to have an Alabama-esque title claim if they won.  That's the real tragedy.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

12 team playoff should solve a lot of this

True but this year I would have made this a national championship game if I was FSU fuck the world. Instead they wrote a “strongly worded letter” and then left the stage. Fuck em.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pch said:

Last night you had to wonder if anyone would score in the Cotton Bowl.  Tonight, you wonder if FSU will ever put up any effort to keep Georgia from scoring.

They may put in the effort, won't matter. Seriously, Georgia has gone spring scrimmage already. It's that bad.

1 minute ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

If I were a marginal player, I'd be bustin' my ass.  I'd think of it as a national audition.  I might wanna transfer out one day.  Besides, momma would be proud.

Well, too bad for FSU you're not on their roster.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

FSU was going to get beaten by 40 or more opt outs or no opt outs. We saw them play Florida and Louisville. They are a terrible team. Do not feed me this they had opt outs and didn't want to be there. This is exactly who they are unless they also had opt outs and didn't want to be there against Florida and Louisville as well.

Oh don’t get me wrong they show up they still lose. I agree. I’m speaking to their shitastic showing. They didn’t even try to get up for this. 

Just now, JBJ said:

With 2 1-loss teams in the playoff, FSU was in a decent position to have an Alabama-esque title claim if they won.  That's the real tragedy.

The day after the ACC champ game I would have put the world on notice this is what we would do then motivate the fuck out of the team. They still lose probably but at least troph gets to watch a closer game, maybe?

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The barstool guys are calling Toledo/Wyoming on CW.

I was barely listening at halftime so the context may be off, but one of them had to be bleeped because he said Florida State was getting the shit beaten out of them. 

Then they all picked Texas and 4 of 5 picked Alabama. 

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Also: why wouldn’t Georgia also have opt outs? Surely they also wouldn’t want to be there?

FSU has no excuses.

I’m not disagree with you re the outcome I’m disagreeing with how shitty FSU handled the ENTIRE situation. I’m the coach, we may get clobbered but we ARE playing for a title tonight. And with only a few more games left this season I’d do my best to ensure Ms troph gets a game tonight. Fuck everyone else.

Edited by troph

15 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Worst game since TCU. Just want to point that out to the TCU lurkers. Also, your daughters are making great money on only fans 

If dad can afford >$60k in tuition every year, you don't need to waste your time showing your cooch on OF.

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Also: why wouldn’t Georgia also have opt outs? Surely they also wouldn’t want to be there?

FSU has no excuses.

Well, they had a few, but they view it as it should be largely.

This is a scrimmage for 2024 and a chance to shove shit down FSU's throat. 

You think YOU should have been in the playoff?!?!

Just now, TexArcher said:

Need's got nothin' to do with it?

You severely underestimate the amount of wealth on that campus. Those girls aren't wasting their time on OF. The better ROI is setting yourself up with some generational wealth by marrying right.

10 minutes ago, freyguy said:

These guys are hilarious.  They need to announce more games.  The stiffs on the other networks are a beating.

Yeah they're pretty good - Big Cat especially.

Portnoy comes off like an asshole as always but that's his shtick.