Cowboys v Lions

rage-a-holic

6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I like blaming McCarthy as much as anyone but he didn’t make Lamb fumble out of the end zone on the one yard line. He doesn’t make his oline and tight ends false start to start every drive. He didn’t build the roster were Pollard was the feature back. 

two games in a row losing fumbles on the opponents goal line?  Is that good? ha.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Fritos commercial shot at the 6666 Ranch with Sam Elliott voiceover is the best damn commercial of the year and best chip commercial of all time. Right up there with Sam Elliott Coors Banquet commercials. It’s perfect and oozes real Texas culture.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Martin is awesome, Smith the elder is kind of a shell of his former self but still good. everyone says Tyler Smith is really good but I'm not sure I see it against higher level competition.

Center is a problem.

Martin is still very good but he's showing his age.  He used to get beat like twice a year, not it's 3-4 times a game.  Tyron is still very, very good in pass pro when his back is healthy.  The 6-7 game stretch he went through before missing last game, he was the best LT pass blocker this side of Trent Williams.  Smith is still a little green, but he's a hoss.  He basically killed the Philly kid who everyone thought was going to rampage our matchups.  The issue is health and we don't have very good depth behind them.  We don't have a guy crossed trained at center and guard.  We went all in on Edoga as our swing tackle and he's not very good.  Steele kinda of sucks and he hasn't even gotten to the meat of his extension. Tyron plays 12 games a year.  Biadsz is okay.  It's a pretty decent line but not dominant.  Doesn't help that our running backs lack juice and our WRs suck at blocking.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

The Fritos commercial shot at the 6666 Ranch with Sam Elliott voiceover is the best damn commercial of the year and best chip commercial of all time. Right up there with Sam Elliott Coors Banquet commercials. It’s perfect and oozes real Texas culture.

His voice still makes me want to go buy a new pickup.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I like blaming McCarthy as much as anyone but he didn’t make Lamb fumble out of the end zone on the one yard line. He doesn’t make his oline and tight ends false start to start every drive. He didn’t build the roster were Pollard was the feature back. 

He certainly had nothing to do with Lamb's fumble, but he team's typically reflect their HC's in terms of penalties and discipline, so I call bullshit on that.  And you're inferring he has not influence on the personnel, especially on offense when we know that's not true at all, in the draft room or FA.  And he is absolutely responsible for running a recovering Pollard on inside zone's a dozen times a game.  Not exactly his strong suit.

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’m an “analytics” guy. But I have no idea how the analytics say go for it there. 

Every play happens in a vacuum completely independent from everything that’s happened in the game so far. 

image.jpeg.9eb446669701802a6e8f9704151c44da.jpeg

black is also somehow a team color for Texas and ok to wear all the time

• Haha 1