Hey autocorrect (you bitch)

ztejas

When I type "appt" or "algo" I'm not trying to type out the entirety of appointment or algorithm you stupid fucking asshole. 

What other shit does autocorrect do that you hate? 

I can deal with some of it, but this new thing that devs (see right there I tried to type "devs" and it "corrected" to develops - which isn't even the right word) have inputted to where it automatically fills out abbreviations is driving me up the fucking wall.

I'm a romantic, amateur linguist - I love English. If a word is better served being abbreviated then I'll abbreviate it. For fuck's sake.

Side note - I'm a Samsung Galaxy guy - maybe this isn't as big of an issue on ios?

Edited by ztejas
Posting in "lulz" because this seems like a universal annoyance, but this is also appropriate for "nerdz"
  • Hook 'Em 2

iPhone update from a couple of weeks ago seemed to have messed up the autocorrect feature bad.  Started running slow and do different fills all of a sudden for a few days but seems to be better now.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

"tge" never gets corrected to "the" & I am contemplating the removal of "javelin" because when I fat finger "jave" instead of "have", that word pops up.

& Then I think "but what if some day I'm writing a post about a light spear dating to nearly 400,000 years ago or a man-portable anti-tank system & I need that word?"

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean like who gives a fuck me or you?

It’s a Gen Z/Gen Alpha thing I’ve read that Android users give the ick and are inferior social creatures, I guess?

I think Helo is Gen Z so that checks out.

To be fair, the big push to regulate/sue Apple to allow Android to have the blue bubbles does sort of give credence to the idea that the youngsters uphold that theory.

But us olds? Who cares.

Sometimes when i type really fast on my phone, instead of the space bar, i will keep accidentally hitting the "b" or "v" button instead of putting spaces.

Itvlooksblike this. Would be cool if autocorrect could figure out that im actually typing 3 separate words there and just do it's thing, instead of me always having to go back and correct.

Oh, and if you're a person that cares what phone people use, you're so fucking dumb. Who cares. I use android and love the fact that iphone users dont put me in group texts. I hate group texts.

• Hook 'Em 1

"tge" never gets corrected to "the" & I am contemplating the removal of "javelin" because when I fat finger "jave" instead of "have", that word pops up.

& Then I think "but what if some day I'm writing a post about a light spear dating to nearly 400,000 years ago or a man-portable anti-tank system & I need that word?"
Same thing with "tje". Drives me fucking nuts
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, deadshank said:

IMG_9515.jpeg

I think I voted for that thing for U.S. Congress. 

Despite it being like three fucking phones ago, my auto-correct still subs in "Andorra" for "And/Or."  I text it a lot to my wife like "You want to pickup anything for lunch and/or dinner on the way home from the game?"  Will text a friend, "Coffee and/or lunch next week after dropoff?"  And while I once visited the obscure Iberian micro-state 30 years ago, why in the fuck would that be the default substitute for "And/Or", especially when I follow it with a fucking question mark?  

On 1/9/2024 at 5:03 PM, ztejas said:

When I type "appt" or "algo" I'm not trying to type out the entirety of appointment or algorithm you stupid fucking asshole. 

What other shit does autocorrect do that you hate? 

I can deal with some of it, but this new thing that devs (see right there I tried to type "devs" and it "corrected" to develops - which isn't even the right word) have inputted to where it automatically fills out abbreviations is driving me up the fucking wall.

I'm a romantic, amateur linguist - I love English. If a word is better served being abbreviated then I'll abbreviate it. For fuck's sake.

Side note - I'm a Samsung Galaxy guy - maybe this isn't as big of an issue on ios?

Looking at my keyboard...

WTF are you trying to spell with "appt" or "algo"?

I think I voted for that thing for U.S. Congress. 

Despite it being like three fucking phones ago, my auto-correct still subs in "Andorra" for "And/Or."  I text it a lot to my wife like "You want to pickup anything for lunch and/or dinner on the way home from the game?"  Will text a friend, "Coffee and/or lunch next week after dropoff?"  And while I once visited the obscure Iberian micro-state 30 years ago, why in the fuck would that be the default substitute for "And/Or", especially when I follow it with a fucking question mark?  
Try "and / or".
Looking at my keyboard...
WTF are you trying to spell with "appt" or "algo"?
Appointment
Algorithm

The creme de la creme of it is fuck to duck.  But the most annoying is iOS never knowing if I mean well or we'll.  The grammar context is easily there, they do it properly with so many words.  
We're/ we are
Were / past tense related to was