Texas Primaries

Allred “did I mention I played in the NFL?” is basically a sacrificial lamb.  Surely there’s local races where the money might be spent to more advantage.  

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Allred “did I mention I played in the NFL?” is basically a sacrificial lamb.  

That's really what it seems like. I just don't see him punching Cruz in the nose in the campaign. Cruz will say anything and everything.

I think Gutierrez is much more of what was needed.

I’d prefer Roland too but his concession speech was awesome. The time for petty slights is over with the primary down, now let’s go kick some GOP ass in November 

Also he said “son of a bitch” about 6 times about Cruz and Trump 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Which industry did you switch to?

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah my best friend is trying to get out of Texas too and he’s O&G. I’d love to point him to something different he can look into it

2 hours ago, LCHorn said:

Don't ask @Neonmoon for advice, he managed to pick something even worse than O&G....

Finance (Lending)

I would NOT advise the move to this field right now. Lol

LCHorn is making too much money right now. He can confirm 

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2024 at 11:24 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Serious question... why?

I can't find myself to donate to big national races. Those people will never ever have an issue with money for their campaign. Allred I could see myself doing it for things like state house races and I've done it for specific issued-focused groups.

Allred's at a pretty significant cash disadvantage relative to Cruz and a donation now goes further than it will months from now. In general I agree with your line of thinking but Texas is a big, expensive market and it costs a lot of money to run a competitive campaign here. I'm under no illusion he will win but I want him to be competitive. Electoral politics isn't football - there are moral victories. If the GOP - which is cash strapped as fuck, by the way -  has to expend resources in TX it cannot use them elsewhere. Also, as I said, because fuck Ted Cruz.

I won't be donating to the Biden campaign because I think you're right nationally and he has a huge cash advantage over Trump already.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/7/2024 at 6:26 PM, RDCanecutter said:

... That made loans and gave credit.

Gash and Cash

The juice starts now!

On 3/7/2024 at 11:24 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Serious question... why?

Because maybe they can afford donating to more than one candidate?

As far as key races, I have state rep (Ginsberg), state senate (Nathan Johnson) US Rep (Sam Eppler) and US Senate (Allred).

Johnson has it in the bag - the rest have little to no chance, but still worth throwing them some $$ to at least provide some hope for next time around.

29 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Because maybe they can afford donating to more than one candidate?

As far as key races, I have state rep (Ginsberg), state senate (Nathan Johnson) US Rep (Sam Eppler) and US Senate (Allred).

Johnson has it in the bag - the rest have little to no chance, but still worth throwing them some $$ to at least provide some hope for next time around.

You would garner more benefit by putting the money in a pile in your driveway and setting it on fire.

Kyle Rittenhouse... now there's a guy who knows what it means to be a Texan and what Texas is all about. Great endorsement.

God the carpet baggers in our politics is sickening.