2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

2003 Eric Gagne. And as with all non-Rivera closers, he completely fell off the wagon soon after

2012 fernando rodney came to mind but he didn’t k guys like mason miller does. he did have an 0.60 era and 0.77 whip though. i haven’t seen a better season since then. 

10 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The funny thing is idiot @Dutchrudder used to claim he was a long-time Indians’ fan.

But now he’s too stupid to remember that, he wants the Astro backing. 

Not that it's any of your business, but I follow both teams dipshit. I have been living in or around Houston for about 25 years now, so I adopted those teams over time.

Not sure what that has to do with someone claiming the Astros don't value their prospects. We all know Helo likes to talk out of his ass with some of the most insane hot takes on these boards, and I guess that's part of his 'charm' to be generous, but that's an indefensible statement. The Astros have a ton of homegrown talent that they have drafted and developed, and that has been the reason they have been able to make the ALCS for the last 7 years. Bleacher Report evaluates this every year and has them at #3 this year, and #1 the previous 2 years. One of those was winning the World Series over the Phillies with those homegrown players. Meanwhile the Yankees are around ranked 19/11/22 in that time. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Not that it's any of your business, but I follow both teams dipshit. I have been living in or around Houston for about 25 years now, so I adopted those teams over time.

Thats a long way of saying “I’m a bandwagoner”. I like & support exactly 1 MLB team, and have supported  them all my life since I became a baseball fan. 

And let me spell out what I meant with my original comment, because no offense but I don’t think you’re intelligent enough to get it… The Pirates are calling up Skenes because he can help them win now. The Astros NEVER did that with their prospects. They tanked and tanked and let players that could’ve helped languish in the minors so the MLB team could keep losing and climb up the draft boards, where ubergenius and baseball God Jeff Luhnow used his super ultra advanced baseball analytics acumen to draft future MLB stars Mark Appel & Brady Aiken 1st overall. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

The Yanks better throw at least 500 million over a decade at him.

Someone else in town might see that number as a reasonable place to start the negotiation. Will Hal and Cashman be willing to blow the doors off?

image.thumb.png.b98e96a9db4d0c585e1101d6422fafef.png

Edited by Herpa Derpa

13 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Someone else in town might see that number as a reasonable place to start the negotiation. Will Hal and Cashman be willing to blow the doors off?

image.thumb.png.b98e96a9db4d0c585e1101d6422fafef.png

I think 500 should be a starting point. He’s worth every penny. I don’t think he’ll go out to Queens. Outside of Judge he’s the most popular guy on the Yanks now and clearly is going to make a good chunk of change on endorsements going forward staying with the team.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

And let me spell out what I meant with my original comment, because no offense but I don’t think you’re intelligent enough to get it…

Poor little guy. Maybe next year he’ll find a new team.

Dumb mother fucker probably hasn’t even checked in on Cle this season. 

18 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Poor little guy. Maybe next year he’ll find a new team.

Dumb mother fucker probably hasn’t even checked in on Cle this season. 

Can you keep your jihads out of this thread? No one else cares.

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn. 

Former big league infielder Sean Burroughs passed away this week at just 43 years of age, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports. Tragically, the former Little League World Series hero and No. 9 overall draft pick collapsed while coaching his son’s little league game.

The son of former No. 1 overall draft pick, two-time All-Star, and 1974 American League MVP Jeff Burroughs, Sean clearly had baseball in his DNA. He starred on the mound and at the plate while leading his Long Beach team to consecutive Little League World Series wins and eventually went on to be selected by the Padres with the ninth overall pick in the 1998 draft. Baseball America ranked him among the sport’s top-100 prospects in each of the next four years, including top-10 rankings each year from 2000-02. Burroughs represented the United States in the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney and won a Gold Medal. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/05/sean-burroughs-passes-away.html

• Hook 'Em 1

Speaking of the Reds

Elly is now on pace for 106 steals. 

There have been 8 100- steal seasons since 1900: Maury Wills (1962), Lou Brock (1974), Rickey Henderson (1980, 1982, 1983), and Vince Coleman (1985, 1986, 1987).

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, WBT said:

Speaking of the Reds

Elly is now on pace for 106 steals. 

There have been 8 100- steal seasons since 1900: Maury Wills (1962), Lou Brock (1974), Rickey Henderson (1980, 1982, 1983), and Vince Coleman (1985, 1986, 1987).

Gerald Young…

IMG_0360.thumb.jpeg.1e7dd35428da32e34d67a74bd422fd51.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Bullpen working on fucking up Skenes's line.  Serves them right for pulling him after 84 pitches.

6.75 ERA now, 2.25 when he exited.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1