2024 NCAA Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight Games

LTtxfan

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He always seems to have the exact same team. A bunch of decent guards and one freakish monster.

It's hilarious watching refs try to officiate Edey. Dude can just do whatever he wants because college officials don't seem to know how to deal with it.

Similar to what women's refs didn't know what to do with Griner. Edey gets fouled 99% of the time because no one has anyone to defend him properly. 

The problem though is Edey fouls too--A LOT--and they don't call it either. The one in the S16 game was the worst I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lulz. It goes both ways. He literally got wrapped up on an inbounds pass in the first half. dude had his arms all the way around Edey so he couldnt jump. No whistle. 

Yeah I know it goes both ways. Officiating him is basically impossible in either direction.

Just now, Pancho said:

Similar to what women's refs didn't know what to do with Griner. Edey gets fouled 99% of the time because no one has anyone to defend him properly. 

The problem though is Edey fouls too--A LOT--and they don't call it either. The one in the S16 game was the worst I've ever seen. 

Yeah that's exactly the comparison I was thinking of, tbh.

Painter and Barnes both have a history of choking games away like this. I guess Painter has the advantage because of the school bus sized circus freak playing the 5 on his team that apparently can never commit a foul.

How the fuck does he have 0 fouls this far into the game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

I got nothing against Edey, but I can't stand watching him play.  Just big and oafish.

you gotta savor it now, because you wont be seeing much of it in the future. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

This is so fucking stupid. Anyone in his orbit just gets called for every little thing.

I thought they caught his moving screen, but nope, on Tennessee. 

Edited by Rudiger

Obviously it works for them so I'm probably wrong, but basketball guys please tell me why I'm wrong that Braden Smith does not take the defense nearly close enough to Edey on the pick and roll. Smith doesn't wait long enough and makes it really easy for his defender to play over the screen and stay right on his hip. 

Posted (edited)

Knecht just got blasted on that 3 point attempt, no call.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME HOW IS THAT NOT A FOUL ON EDEY

e: I was referring to when he literally shoved Ziegler down to the floor on a screen

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

now at 10:1 on zach edey fouls for/against. the guy is a lamp post playing a game with a bunch of gazelles yet apparently he’s so damn good that all he does is get fouled without ever getting caught off guard himself. okie dokie.

He's actually pretty mobile for a 7'4" guy

44 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I got nothing against Edey, but I can't stand watching him play.  Just big and oafish.

Longhorn basketball could use an “oaf” that scores and rebounds like Edey.   He completely dominates the game.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

Longhorn basketball could use an “oaf” that scores and rebounds like Edey.   He completely dominates the game.  

He's only dominant because he's large and NCAA officials can't officiate guys that size correctly. His game is completely unremarkable. He's athletic for his size but his skills are entirely mid.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

He's only dominant because he's large and NCAA officials can't officiate guys that size correctly. His game is completely unremarkable. He's athletic for his size but his skills are entirely mid.

So you’d pass on him and what he does?   

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Uconn is going to take this tournament with ease. I think Houston was their only major threat. Cannot see Purdue hanging with Uconn 

I love this sort of comment.   Surly visionaries are visionary. 

• Haha 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic