Texas Rangers 2024: Run It Back

ztejas

I like the announcers, I think Dontrelle Willis is quality.  It's definitely tweaked from the normal.  They'll mic a guy or two up, and they'll have silent time in another inning so you can hear the sounds of baseball.  I enjoy it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SameSame said:

I like the announcers, I think Dontrelle Willis is quality.  It's definitely tweaked from the normal.  They'll mic a guy or two up, and they'll have silent time in another inning so you can hear the sounds of baseball.  I enjoy it.

Same. The production is pretty good.

Announcers are definitely better than the chromosomally-challenged ESPN announcers. But a slightly dead corpse would be as well.

4 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Lowe 2-4 yesterday.

He has maybe 5 or 6 more rehab games based on Bochy's estimate a few days back.

So presumably back up next weekend.

I wouldn't doubt if he's back up Tuesday.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Regarding announcers... you would think in this digital age they would have come up with tech that could allow you to filter out announcers and other sound frequencies during live games.  

ESPN must pay their announcers by the word.

Apple is not bad for watching a game.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Regarding announcers... you would think in this digital age they would have come up with tech that could allow you to filter out announcers and other sound frequencies during live games.  

There was something going on with my stream during the masters last Sunday where the announcers were very low- barely audible.  But the course sounds were very loud and clear. It was great. Not sure if intentional. 

9 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

ESPN does this for some of the playoff/NYD bowls. There's a separate stream for just stadium sound so you hear the stadium PA and no commentary. It's one of the alternate channels on the ESPN app. Would love to have that for MLB too. 

Apple looks great for baseball. The commentary isn't so much. 

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

ESPN does this for some of the playoff/NYD bowls. There's a separate stream for just stadium sound so you hear the stadium PA and no commentary. It's one of the alternate channels on the ESPN app. Would love to have that for MLB too. 

Apple looks great for baseball. The commentary isn't so much. 

I do know that they do that.  But you would think they could give the viewer the tech and the options to make that adjustment without the requirement of separate broadcasts.

30 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I'd love to watch every Rangers game and hear nothing but crowd noise, the crack of the bat, and the sweet sweet sounds of Chuck F'n Morgan.  

I would be okay with this for every sport, although I am partial to the solo announcer jobs that pop up every now and then in English soccer in the domestic trophy competitions. Just a professional, eloquent, and knowledgeable guy knowing not only how to fill the air, but also when to fill the air. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, beer said:

Leiter got the "one day in the majors" make a wish experience. 

I didn't watch - but from what I gather he showed some good stuff and showed some bad stuff? 

Well hello Tricia Whitaker. 

If you've never been, the Braves stadium is decent. Good views, tight stadium. They have a Texas Live type setup connected to the stadium. Similar to the what they have outside of Wrigley now. 

Edited by mdmost