Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Posted (edited)

David Cone must not realize mixing rosin with anything is also against the rules.  This all happened in 2022 which may explain why Cone and AJ PleaseBuyAVowel seem to not be aware of them.

Edited by kevwun

21 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

This is a huge WTF considering where we are with pitching depth right now.

So we effectively traded Bielak for Speas and cash.

probably not a bad move long-term. Certainly not great in the short term after what happened Tuesday.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bielak needed to be moved. Out of options so fucking up helping up/down situations.

Hell i said dfa him a month ago so for someone to give Crane titter joint money for him is a W

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, are you guys forgetting Bielak was DFA’ed last week when they activated Javier. (They day after they claimed Speas)?

they had 10 days to trade him.

they may have done something different if they had knew Blanco was going to get popped 3 days later, but wheels were already put in motion with the moves made last weekend.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Bielak needed to be moved. Out of options so fucking up helping up/down situations.

Yeah... that makes sense.

Just now, UTexasFight said:

Yeah, are you guys forgetting Bielak was DFA’ed last week when they activated Javier. (They day after they claimed Speas)?

they had 10 days to trade him.

they may have done something different if they had knew Blanco was going to get popped 3 days later, but wheels were already put in motion with the moves made last weekend.

Yep.  Forgot that happened.  

3 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

First off… Fuck you for posting a video of an AJ Pierzynski take.  

Secondly… Double fuck you for posting a video of an AJ Pierzynski take that I agree with.  

Well, while we are at, why don’t we go out and ask this asshole’s IMG_1505.thumb.jpeg.a88f6ac69b9154c728143b8193fb6593.jpegopinion on the sticky matter

4 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Option Martinez today and then rotate Mushinski, Speas, Henley, and Coleman for the next 8 games to ensure there’s always at least one fresh low leverage arm in the pen.  This is probably what I’d do even though it’s unfair to Martinez.

Martinez needs a week off after the over use in the last 4 days. 

3 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I heard someone on an Astros broadcast or on the X say that they can have 13 pitchers on 25 and will be down a position player. I assume Cabbage will go down. He’s kind of redundant as a LH OF/1B. 

we’ll be down one pitcher 

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Alcohol + Rosin?

spacer.png

Now we know why Blanco got suspended.

It's very bad to steal Jobu's rum.

(I know ethanol and isopropyl alcohol are two different compounds, but my joke stands as I'm about 95% confident the chemical reaction / mechanism would be similar.... but I guess there's only one way to find out. Off the liquor store and Academy for a little homework assignment....)

Edited by Dnaguy

3 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Yeah, are you guys forgetting Bielak was DFA’ed last week when they activated Javier.

DFAing him to begin with was the wtf move when Brown, Arighetti, and Dubin have options.

I would have moved him into the rotation before I DFAd him.  He's done better as a fill-in starter in previous years than Brown and Arighetti have done this year.

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, WBT said:

DFAing him to begin with was the wtf move when Brown, Arighetti, and Dubin have options.

I would have moved him into the rotation before I DFAd him.  He's done better as a fill-in starter in previous years than Brown and Arighetti have done this year.

Fair but that’s assuming past performance  is an indicator of future (lack of ) success.

We know what we have in Bielak. I think brown and arrighetti turn it around in short order  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Fair but that’s assuming past performance  is an indicator of future (lack of ) success.

We know what we have in Bielak. I think brown and arrighetti turn it around in short order  

Sure. But I’d still have sent them down and spot started him until Urquidy got back and saw where that took me. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Bielaks so great he couldn't even get us a player in return

He’s AAAA no doubt. Thats not a terrible guy to have in the org if you have 5 starters hurt. Only reason he’s gone is because he’s out of options. 

Did they not stop the game for the tornado and storm??? Friend sent me pics of downtown after their shelter in place was lifted and there is glass, street lights and debris all over the place.  We have friends in the heights who are stuck with trees down all over. One of them had a tree fall on their house and breach their roof. Crazy fucking storm. 

Did they not stop the game for the tornado and storm??? Friend sent me pics of downtown after their shelter in place was lifted and there is glass, street lights and debris all over the place.  We have friends in the heights who are stuck with trees down all over. One of them had a tree fall on their house and breach their roof. Crazy fucking storm. 
Could have moved it to Milwaukee
  • Rage+1 3

13 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

They closed down/evacuated  left field alley.