Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

You know, I heard all the haters and doubters.  The ones who said we would never catch Oakland before Memorial Day.  Who looks stupid now, bitches?

* I reserve the right to take this back depending on results between now and Memorial Day

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

You know, I heard all the haters and doubters.  The ones who said we would never catch Oakland before Memorial Day.  Who looks stupid now, bitches?

* I reserve the right to take this back depending on results between now and Memorial Day
They dont post when we win. Especially when we win 5 in a row
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Gonna brave the rain tonight in hopes of finally seeing my first in-person W of the season. Feel free to blame me if we come up short of the sweep. After seeing Javier's last start, I'm more than a little worried.

Welp, that was certainly an experience. I was hoping to get in the stadium before some heavy rain started, not a fucking tornadocane or whatever the hell that was last night. 

Met up with friends at a brewery by the stadium at around 6:15. We were planning to grab maybe 2-3 rounds of beers before walking over, thinking rain wouldn't start until after we got inside. Whoops.

Still made it to the game though!

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Welp, that was certainly an experience. I was hoping to get in the stadium before some heavy rain started, not a fucking tornadocane or whatever the hell that was last night. 

Met up with friends at a brewery by the stadium at around 6:15. We were planning to grab maybe 2-3 rounds of beers before walking over, thinking rain wouldn't start until after we got inside. Whoops.

Still made it to the game though!

username:  appropriate

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

Sweeping the A’s is like getting a ZJ from Caitlyn Jenner. Slightly satisfying but, do you really want to tell anyone about it? 

they kicked our asses plenty last year 

Edited by tx 3 putt

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yep. We got worked by the 2 worst teams in the AL last season, Oakland and KC. We also had a losing record at home. So we should consider being gruntled with a 4 game sweep of Oakland at Minute Maid. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Wut?

We were 10-3 against them last year.

We’ve played a season’s worth of games against them since 2015. We’re a 100 win team against them in that span 

101-63

Edited by UTexasFight

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Isn’t he ‘fresh’ ?

Assuming you mean Dubin, he pitched 3 IP last night. Abreu certainly isn’t going down, so Seth Martinez is the only other one with options. I don’t se Seth going down and killing 2 pen arms in one day a man down 

3 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Assuming you mean Dubin, he pitched 3 IP last night. Abreu certainly isn’t going down, so Seth Martinez is the only other one with options. I don’t se Seth going down and killing 2 pen arms in one day a man down 

…With hunter brown starting 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Someone who would know says Yordan has a fucked up wrist he's battling through.  Which makes sense because it's not like he forgot how to hit. 

I actually thought I saw him grab his wrist a couple days ago because it made me instantly think of his past hand problems. Hope it doesn’t stick around.