Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

20 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

What is that exactly? He’s failing in replenishing the farm system and there are gaping holes in the big league roster.

He's been through 1 draft and International cycle. How has he already failed?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

There should not be the ability to black out games in area where the games are not carried on a reasonable tier of package. 

They want blackouts to lead to the reasonable tier of package coverage.  Doesn't usually work, but that's their thinking.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

With that established, if you tell Apple (or Peacock on Sunday mornings

Going back to this, I don't understand it at all from Apple's and Peacock's perspective.  What kind of sociopaths do they think or going to subscribe to a service to watch one random mlb game per week.  That's not how people watch baseball.

Edited by WBT

9 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

It’s not just that they gave Apple a broadcast…it’s that their broadcast fucking blows every fucking time. It should be at least a little better by now.

Their graphics are nice. That’s the only positive that I can think of.

Followed by a bad Chas AB.  Wish we had more than 1 by now.

1 minute ago, runthebone said:

When do we drop Abreu in the order?

When our Dusty tainted manager decides to I guess

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Those career numbers for Judge vs us confirm my sense that he's mostly sucked.  I don't really fear him at all.

He’d be a lot better if we didn’t have Javier in our starting rotation for a big chunk of his career 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, WBT said:

Going back to this, I don't understand it at all from Apple's and Peacock's perspective.  What kind of sociopaths do they think or going to subscribe to a service to watch one random mlb game per week.  That's not how people watch baseball.

Their thinking is that people will try the free trial to watch the game and then watch a 3 minute trailer for a show about the Lincoln assassination and subscribe for that.

I’ve never bought in to that but I do think that’s a real thing

there is also the “well, we have to start somewhere. We’re not going to have the level of espn’s rights immediately out of the gate.”

the reality is that the current model for all of these streaming services (save maybe Netlflix) is currently unsustainable. They’re going to have to raise prices or cut costs (probably both) sooner or later.

Edited by UTexasFight
But while you have the free trial, DEFINITELY binge Masters of the Air (and Killers of the Flower Moon if you haven’t yet seen that)
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Choose the local radio option on AppleTV. The AppleTV announcers are awful

Holy shit. I do this all the time on mlb.tv. I just assumed I was sol with spillborgs and the other dude on apple tv. Thanks for pointing this out.  

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1