Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Andrew- I’m so happy for you Gabe 

me- Shit- did l inadvertently text you instead of my wife when I was talking about looking hot with big boobs and wanting to bang last night

Andrew- uh- no- they called Forest Whitley up 

me- that’s way better than banging my wife  we need to do an emergency podcast right now  

him- it’s 1:30 and I’m in the middle of meetings  

me- I’m on a sidewalk in front of the whitehouse- we should still do this  

I don’t think he gets the importance of today  

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

lol.

i just checked and now remember attending Whitley’s AAA debut…. 5 years + 1 week ago today…

71BEB4F5-1EB0-4575-8D5D-CAE6B40790562019-04-09_19-15-11_637.thumb.jpeg.e01874e402d49d57f08175e3b9241272.jpeg

here he is giving up a triple to the incomparable Danny Santana (that’s out of frame but on which I’m sure Yordan misplayed down in the corner)

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Andrew- I’m so happy for you Gabe 

me- Shit- did l inadvertently text you instead of my wife when I was talking about looking hot with big boobs and wanting to bang last night

Andrew- uh- no- they called Forest Whitley up 

me- that’s way better than banging my wife  we need to do an emergency podcast right now  

him- it’s 1:30 and I’m in the middle of meetings  

me- I’m on a sidewalk in front of the whitehouse- we should still do this  

I don’t think he gets the importance of today  

Can't see the Forrest for the trees? 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Not sure i agree with that

The ball hit the railing. So stupid that we have the HR line going UP on the railing from the Crawford Boxes. Just make a HR the same height as the Crawford Boxes the entire outfield. Fucking remnant of the Tal’s Hill screwy aesthetic that needs to be completely flushed.

Edited by Macklemore

I could understand if they couldn't tell if it hit anything else and wouldn't reverse the call, but 'confirming it' is bullshit.

OK that was a crazy ricochet off Acuna on Pena's popup..

Edited by wood

I could understand if they couldn't tell if it hit anything else and wouldn't reverse the call, but 'confirming it' is bullshit.
OK that was a crazy ricochet off Acuna on Pena's popup..
hit the top of the yellow rail thats it.

Ball hits top of wall on yellow and comes back into play its a double. We literally just had that happen a few games back.

So how is a ball that hits that yellow line and bounces into field not a double? Just because the yellow line is in a dumbass spot shouldn't change the ruling unless something specific in MMP ground rules.

It did not hit the back wall or railing from the angle I am at

I was trying to find a good replay to confirm what I saw but they all shut off before showing it in slo mo.

What are the two Space City dorks saying about it?

dc9aadb3aa21bb6a1ad9ba6e7fdca4a1.jpg

Ball hits top of wall on yellow and comes back into play its a double. We literally just had that happen a few games back.

So how is a ball that hits that yellow line and bounces into field not a double? Just because the yellow line is in a dumbass spot shouldn't change the ruling unless something specific in MMP ground rules.

I was trying to find a good replay to confirm what I saw but they all shut off before showing it in slo mo.

It hit the relentless sign on the ricochet 

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What you said.

Kalas after hearing the ump say : “call is confirmed. It’s a home run.”

”no it’s not?!”

I do want an explanation after the game

i also want our manager to go out and get an explanation real time, but alas 

• Like 1

100%, I agree. IMHO it didn't hit anything else outside the field and should have been a GR 2B. Now they just clarified that the ruling merely stands and is not confirmed. Which is still incorrect, but I can at least live with the logic.

• Like 1