2024 Masters

9 days until the Ceremonial first shot, the field is set (barring a non-invitee winning the Valero this week), the website has their fantasy game ready to go and The Big Cat is spending a week getting his game back into shape.  The most anticipated event in golf is right around the corner

https://www.masters.com/index.html

Can't wait to see what this years drama is - someone going low from back in the pack, someone throwing it away, someone seeking a breakout first major (only to sink under the pressure of the back 9 on Sunday)

In. Just want to say that I don't follow golf, but Masters is required viewing.

The experience watching online is also awesome. Love the tournament.

15 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

I will be there for Tuesday practice round.  woohoo!!  First time.

here’s how my Tuesday trip went…

Free parking by the back gate, it opens before the course opens. They have food stands and a large merchandise tent in back. Get there as early as you can. Get in line, as soon as it opens, get in line for the merchandise tent. Over buy, golf polos, caps, whatever. There will be a ups or fed ex tent right there, ship it home. Grab coffee whatever, then go get in line to enter the course. I think it’s right behind #16 tee. The guards will tell you who’s playing early, groups out, and such. 

we shot over to #3 green / # 4 tee. Stayed there until lunchish time, saw all the big names. then hit the practice tee, saw all the clubhouse and upfront area, then walked the rest if the course. Left about 15 mins before the course closed 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

here’s how my Tuesday trip went…

Free parking by the back gate, it opens before the course opens. They have food stands and a large merchandise tent in back. Get there as early as you can. Get in line, as soon as it opens, get in line for the merchandise tent. Over buy, golf polos, caps, whatever. There will be a ups or fed ex tent right there, ship it home. Grab coffee whatever, then go get in line to enter the course. I think it’s right behind #16 tee. The guards will tell you who’s playing early, groups out, and such. 

we shot over to #3 green / # 4 tee. Stayed there until lunchish time, saw all the big names. then hit the practice tee, saw all the clubhouse and upfront area, then walked the rest if the course. Left about 15 mins before the course closed 

Pretty much my plan... Thanks for the tips.  Overbuying - yep. I am driving so no UPS.  A friend who has been a few times corrected my wrong assumption. I thought it should be no issue to shop after the day ends since they could not be sold out on Tuesday. I was informed that they set out stuff each day so a lot will be sold out at the end of the day.  Only difference is I plan to walk the entire course backwards. I always do that at tour events. I get to see the course and multiple groups. In this case I am guessing I can see the final holes without a lot of activity and take pictures.

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Every golfer should goto the Masters once in their life

The entire place is unreal. The staff treats you like a member 

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

Have I ever told yall I played there twice? Maybe so.

25+ years of not winning the ANGC lottery - I swear I have a better chance for winning the next Powerball drawing than getting a non-disappointing email from the Masters Lottery folks.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

25+ years of not winning the ANGC lottery - I swear I have a better chance for winning the next Powerball drawing than getting a non-disappointing email from the Masters Lottery folks.

Yup. Every year I ask, every year they send me the "sorry not sorry keep dreaming pleb" email. It's a tradition.

43 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

Which gate is correct for merchandise? The website seems to indicate two areas for merchandize

The north gate is the better entrance and will funnel you by the range and then merch store.  It's not a tent - it's a beautiful building.  They allow you one re-entry each day, so we always take our merch back to the car.  You can also ship it onsite if you want.  Definitely go first thing and get it over with. 

Other random thoughts:

1.  If you're going with buddies or just more than one person, be sure and wear a wrist watch and pick a "when we get separated meet here" spot.  It can be really easy to get separated - especially around the clubhouse - and you won't have your phone to text/call.

2.  Spend time around the big oak tree by the clubhouse.  It really is cool.  Since you'll be there Tuesday, and if you stay around basically until they kick you out, you'll see a lot of the past champions under the tree before the Champions Dinner.  Last year we just stared at Scottie and Crenshaw talking for 20 minutes before the security guard politely told us that we didn't have to go home, but we had to leave the premises.

3.  We walked down to Amen Corner around 5:15 after all the players were off the course.  It was the most beautiful and peaceful time I've ever had on a golf course.  It was awesome.  Just soaking in the beauty the course at that time of day was spectacular.  

Have fun.  It's the best. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Ive got them on the secondary market each time I have wanted to go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, field said:

The north gate is the better entrance and will funnel you by the range and then merch store.  It's not a tent - it's a beautiful building.  They allow you one re-entry each day, so we always take our merch back to the car.  You can also ship it onsite if you want.  Definitely go first thing and get it over with. 

Other random thoughts:

1.  If you're going with buddies or just more than one person, be sure and wear a wrist watch and pick a "when we get separated meet here" spot.  It can be really easy to get separated - especially around the clubhouse - and you won't have your phone to text/call.

2.  Spend time around the big oak tree by the clubhouse.  It really is cool.  Since you'll be there Tuesday, and if you stay around basically until they kick you out, you'll see a lot of the past champions under the tree before the Champions Dinner.  Last year we just stared at Scottie and Crenshaw talking for 20 minutes before the security guard politely told us that we didn't have to go home, but we had to leave the premises.

3.  We walked down to Amen Corner around 5:15 after all the players were off the course.  It was the most beautiful and peaceful time I've ever had on a golf course.  It was awesome.  Just soaking in the beauty the course at that time of day was spectacular.  

Have fun.  It's the best. 

Coupe of other thoughts on merchandise:

1. The merchandise building is a little overwhelming.  You're going to be shopping with what feels like 5000 other people jammed in there with unlimited options on shirts, caps, sweatshirts and literally everything else you can think of.  Have a list of people with sizes you need to buy for.  You'll end up buying more, but make sure you have your must buy list with you.    

2. They have shirts hanging on hangers in the middle of each room and you'll be tempted to grab those for ease.  Don't.  Decide what shirt you want and then go to the counters where you'll get the same shirt but which is folded in a beautiful clear plastic Masters bag.  Much easier to pack and much nicer to give to friends/family than one on a hanger.

3. They have mini merch stands around most of the concession areas on the course with limited selection of caps, flags, t-shirts and stuff like that.  If you forget somebody or, like me, decide "you know, I need another three caps and a couple of flags for the hell of it", they're very handy so you don't have to wait in line for the main merch building after you've been in there.

4.  The line for the merchandise building is always long.  It's like a Disneyland line for a popular ride on a holiday weekend.  I wouldn't look at the line and say "we'll come back."  Get it over with.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, field said:

Coupe of other thoughts on merchandise:

1. The merchandise building is a little overwhelming.  You're going to be shopping with what feels like 5000 other people jammed in there with unlimited options on shirts, caps, sweatshirts and literally everything else you can think of.  Have a list of people with sizes you need to buy for.  You'll end up buying more, but make sure you have your must buy list with you.    

2. They have shirts hanging on hangers in the middle of each room and you'll be tempted to grab those for ease.  Don't.  Decide what shirt you want and then go to the counters where you'll get the same shirt but which is folded in a beautiful clear plastic Masters bag.  Much easier to pack and much nicer to give to friends/family than one on a hanger.

3. They have mini merch stands around most of the concession areas on the course with limited selection of caps, flags, t-shirts and stuff like that.  If you forget somebody or, like me, decide "you know, I need another three caps and a couple of flags for the hell of it", they're very handy so you don't have to wait in line for the main merch building after you've been in there.

4.  The line for the merchandise building is always long.  It's like a Disneyland line for a popular ride on a holiday weekend.  I wouldn't look at the line and say "we'll come back."  Get it over with.

Do they still offer the service of keeping your merch while you are on the grounds?  I used to do that, its way better than carrying it around the grounds.  

Also, if they do, GO EARLY to get the merch.  

17 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Never forget

C3688D50-3381-4260-B712-EB9E5AA5FFA22018-04-05_12-42-37_298.thumb.jpeg.0abdf8bdcfe580de88952b9cce44543b.jpeg

Sitting here making a phone call and pulled this up right as the other end picked up. I was completely flustered and couldn't form clear sentence on the phone.

Did not know #14 has the largest green on the course.  The 16th is the most 3 putted green at The Masters.

Great opportunity to see conditions of Augusta by watching the Augusta National Women' Amateur final Rd today

• Like 1

2024 Masters: Hole-by-hole guide to Augusta National

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/lists/2024-masters-hole-by-hole-guide-to-augusta-national/?n=@

The par-4 11th historically has been the toughest in relation to par, playing to a 4.303 average, while the par-5 13th is the easiest in relation to par, playing to a 4.775 average. 

As is common, there have been changes to Augusta National since last year’s Masters. The layout will play to 7,555 yards this year after No. 2 was lengthened 10 yards, extending the downhill par 5 – the longest hole on the course – to 585 yards. 

2024 Masters odds, golfers, field

Scottie Scheffler +500

Rory McIlroy +1000

Jon Rahm +1300

Brooks Koepka +2100

Jordan Spieth +2100

Will Zalatoris +2100

Viktor Hovland +2100

Xander Schauffele +2400

Ludvig Aberg +2400

Patrick Cantlay +2800

Justin Thomas +2800

Cameron Smith +3100

Hideki Matsuyama +3100

Collin Morikawa +3100

Joaquin Niemann +3100

Wyndham Clark +3100

Matt Fitzpatrick +3600

Dustin Johnson +3600

Tony Finau +4400

Max Homa +4400

Brian Harman +4600

Shane Lowry +4600

Cameron Young +4600

Jason Day +4600

Bryson DeChambeau +4600

Sam Burns +5500

Min Woo Lee +5500

Sahith Theegala +5500

Tommy Fleetwood +5500

Sung-Jae Im +7500

Tyrrell Hatton +7500

Corey Conners +9000

Tom Kim +9000

Justin Rose +9000

Patrick Reed +9000

Russell Henley +12000

Adam Scott +12000

Rickie Fowler +12000

Jake Knapp +12000

Phil Mickelson +16000

Harris English +16000

Sergio Garcia +16000

Tiger Woods +16000

Gary Woodland +19000

Keegan Bradley +19000

Si Woo Kim +19000

Chris Kirk +19000

Ryan Fox +19000

J.T. Poston +19000

Nick Dunlap +19000

Cameron Davis +19000

Thorbjorn Olesen +19000

Adrian Meronk +19000

Sepp Straka +19000

Nick Taylor +19000

Eric Cole +19000

Matthieu Pavon +19000

Emiliano Grillo +19000

Nicolai Hojgaard +19000

Luke List +21000

Adam Hadwin +21000

Charl Schwartzel +28000

Kurt Kitayama +28000

Bubba Watson +28000

Ryo Hisatsune +28000

Erik van Rooyen +28000

Danny Willett +34000

Denny McCarthy +34000

Lee Hodges +34000

Taylor Moore +43000

Adam Schenk +43000

Lucas Glover +43000

Grayson Murray +55000

Christo Lamprecht +55000

Mike Weir +100000

Jose Maria Olazabal +100000

Fred Couples +100000

Vijay Singh +100000

Zach Johnson +100000

Stewart Hagestad +100000

Jasper Stubbs +100000

Santiago De La Fuente +100000

Neal Shipley +100000

See the full Masters picks, best bets, and predictions here.

Damn, forgot about Bubba Watson...

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Wow, what a round from Shoemaker. Bogey free 66. 2 putted 18 from the back of the green.

32 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Wish she wasn't attending usc  😒

💥 Birdie on #18 wins it 💥

Florida State's Lottie Woad (ENG) birdies 3 of the last 4holes to win by 1 stroke at -8 

On 4/4/2024 at 9:08 AM, Wally Fairway said:

Is it possible to pay your way in or can you only get in with the lottery?

On 4/6/2024 at 12:44 PM, tx 3 putt said:

I’m not a golfer. I play on average once every two or three years. I like the major tournaments and Oakmont is a few miles from my house and I have worked some of the Opens there.

Why is there no LIV if that putt goes in?

11 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I’m not a golfer. I play on average once every two or three years. I like the major tournaments and Oakmont is a few miles from my house and I have worked some of the Opens there.

Why is there no LIV if that putt goes in?

my thought - if norman wins a masers he’s A part of that community / in group. He wouldn’t start a renegade golf league and jeopardize that. He’d be an honorary starter by now and viewed in a much better light (even though he has been and will always be a huge dick).

No liv, the saudis dump $$$ into Florida st to win all the ncaa championships, and get a Much better return on a smaller investment 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

my thought - if norman wins a masers he’s A part of that community / in group. He wouldn’t start a renegade golf league and jeopardize that. He’d be an honorary starter by now and viewed in a much better light (even though he has been and will always be a huge dick).

No liv, the saudis dump $$$ into Florida st to win all the ncaa championships, and get a Much better return on a smaller investment 

Gotcha, thanks.

6 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Is it possible to pay your way in or can you only get in with the lottery?

You can buy tickets, for thousands, but there is a personal commitment to win the lottery. I think I will have to go by 2026, when my best friend turns 70

Just now, Wally Fairway said:

You can buy tickets, for thousands, but there is a personal commitment to win the lottery. I think I will have to go by 2026, when my best friend turns 70

Thousands is a good incentive to win the lottery lol. My friend won tickets this year to the practice round on Wednesday and he was pumped. He said he will keep entering until he gets either Saturday or Sunday tickets. 

• Hook 'Em 1